UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

Has Gus commented on this?
Would anyone be shocked if this turned into JBJ vs Ilir Latifi? Lol

A picogram is a one-trillionth of a gram,” Novitzky told MMAjunkie. “If you put one grain of salt on the table and split it up into 50 million pieces, a picogram is one of those pieces of that gram of salt. These levels have shown up in the single and double digits of picograms – so such a small amount.”

Just find this funny how he say a picogram is one trillionth of a gram, which is correct, but then says to split a gram of salt into 50 million pieces and one piece would be a picogram. Didn't know one out of 50 million is equal to one trillionth. Apparently I have to go back to maths.
They don't even bother now

Truth is out there

<DCrying>

<JonesLaugh>

If anything, i'm even more confident in jones now. He is a disgusting guy but he's great at fighting plus juiced.
Amazing at the stupidity of this. Willing to bet on a cheater. I will be laughing when Jones losses next week.

I think we can find better points of reference than dance-capping! ;)

Yup. That was my whole point

Cyborg having trouble keeping up with a Jazzercise routine she's never done. Means absolutely nothing

Did something happen with Jones?

Save a cat from a tree?
Save a toddler from drowning?

LOL.. UFC and USADA giving zero fucks about Jones popping time and time again.
giphy.gif

Not to mention that the event will be in Cali, where the weather is a lot better for Nunes' breathing problem - a lot more moisture in the air there.
giphy.gif

Can the Swedes of the forum please translate?
Bjork Bjork Bjork

I'm confident Wood wins one way or another. Even if worst case scenario happens and Wood gets tagged and hurt, I know Wood can fight through it and still come out on top.

Ewell is a scrub, I don't think beating 2018 Barao means as much as some people think it does, he's totally shot. If you can get past the 1st round with Barao, you'll probably beat him because he gets tired and gives up after 5 minutes. Prior to joining the UFC, Ewell had a war and was getting knocked around by Dinis Paiva (11-6).

Wood is the much more valuable prospect. He's 5 years younger, CW champ, bigger following and the UFC needs Euro prospects. UFC want Wood to win and that why they gave him a guy like Ewell, it's another good test and one Wood should pass.

Wood trains under Brad Pickett at Titan Fighters in London. Wood says it's the TAM of the UK, lots of smaller guys to work with. Wood also says he's got guys in his gym that give him good looks for Ewell.

The last time Wood fought a southpaw it was Vaughn Lee and Wood dominated that fight, landed a lot of inside leg kicks and just overwhelmed him with pressure and damage. I think Wood could really damage Ewell's skinny legs if he commits to the low kicks.

IDK how you don't take Wood in this fight, I'm really surprised it's a pick'em, I think Wood should be around -250.
Just hard to trust guys that you know can rally through adversity when they've shown it multiple times against scrubs. My spread for this fight is like 2u U2.5 @ +110, 1u fight ends by KO @ +170, 0.5u on Ewell KO @ +500 tho so I'm not ultra leaning towards Ewell.

Michael Chiesa = ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT WINNER!!!
Nathaniel Wood = ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT WINNER!!!
Siyar Bahadurzarda = ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT WINNER!!!
Amanda Nunes = ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT WINNER!!!
Bevon Lewos = ABSOLUTE BLOWOUT WINNER!!!
I'm feeling Siyar, though not sure about absolute blowout. He's got the clear advantage in grappling and Millender's not a very natural fighter (Though he nicely let me hit a middle on the o1.5/u2.5 Alves lines in that fight, which I'll forever be grateful for.).

Wood should win, but risk errywhere.

Don't trust Chiesa coming up in weight when a lot of his game was 'be the big, ugly bully without a huge amount of technique', and Condit's actually been overperforming my expectations lately so I don't think he's completely fucked.

Nunes tempts me as a small value stab, though I try not to do that in WMMA unless there's a clear grappling margin involved.

Bjork Bjork Bjork

Just hard to trust guys that you know can rally through adversity when they've shown it multiple times against scrubs. My spread for this fight is like 2u U2.5 @ +110, 1u fight ends by KO @ +170, 0.5u on Ewell KO @ +500 tho so I'm not ultra leaning towards Ewell.
Wood gonna win this fight and then you'll all talk about how great he is

Ewell is a scrub

I'm feeling Siyar, though not sure about absolute blowout. He's got the clear advantage in grappling and Millender's not a very natural fighter (Though he nicely let me hit a middle on the o1.5/u2.5 Alves lines in that fight, which I'll forever be grateful for.).

Wood should win, but risk errywhere.

Don't trust Chiesa coming up in weight when a lot of his game was 'be the big, ugly bully without a huge amount of technique', and Condit's actually been overperforming my expectations lately so I don't think he's completely fucked.

Nunes tempts me as a small value stab, though I try not to do that in WMMA unless there's a clear grappling margin involved.
MIllender defense isn't that good, watch his fight vs Nick Barnes. Siyar will find the chin or TD's, I favor him for sure. I've cashed both these guys as dogs this year, I have a lot of info on both.

Chiesa is the easiest money on this card, if you bet on Condit you're just a fanboy, he's a loser and he's not getting better. Chiesa no world beater but good match up for him, I like the move up in weight too.

Nunes is risky but she's the best fighter Cyborg as ever faced by far. Nunes is faster and she can punch. TD's might be there too. Nunes is younger, more athletic and she's got multiple ways to win. Nunes underestimated a lot of the time.

MIllender defense isn't that good, watch his fight vs Nick Barnes. Siyar will find the chin or TD's, I favor him for sure. I've cashed both these guys as dogs this year, I have a lot of info on both.

Chiesa is the easiest money on this card, if you bet on Condit you're just a fanboy, he's a loser and he's not getting better. Chiesa no world beater but good match up for him, I like the move up in weight too.

Nunes is risky but she's the best fighter Cyborg as ever faced by far. Nunes is faster and she can punch. TD's might be there too. Nunes is younger, more athletic and she's got multiple ways to win. Nunes underestimated a lot of the time.

Not sure if the condit matchup is that straightforward, it wont be easy for chiesa to muscle the takedown on a bigger guy for once and condit won't make things easy for him...his bottom game used to get more credit but its still dangerous and more importantly will make chiesa work to keep him down, sapping his cardio. I agree chiesa is almost a lock to win the first round but bad weight cut or not, his gas tank was awful against pettis (a matchup id argue is even more favorable for chiesa on paper). As big of an underdog as condit is in the first round, he's the firm fav in the latter, ugly stages of the fight if it gets there. Will have a couples units on his ML and looking forward to his livebet lines after r1 and 2.

Amazing at the stupidity of this. Willing to bet on a cheater. I will be laughing when Jones losses next week.
I'd say it's the opposite of stupidity to bet on a cheater... You're betting on someone who has an unfair advantage = more chances for your bet to win. That's why we bet right? To win money.

Last edited:

I think Millender is a level or two above as a striker to say the least. He has a much more diverse arsenal. He will have the height and reach and should be prepared for Siyar who is pretty predictable. Siyar is older and inactive and was getting lit up a bit by Thatch. I don't see how he can be favoured on the feet here. I think he gets pieced up. Regarding the ground, Millender does look vulnerable there but Siyar doesn't really look like a takedown artist. He's older, had a few injuries and surgeries, been inactive overall. I think Millender starts to dominate the fight the longer it goes on. I think he has the better gas tank. I'm pretty confident in Millender here.

I'd say it's the opposite of stupidity to bet on a cheater... You're betting on someone who has an unfair advantage = more chances for your bet to win. That's why we bet right? To win money.
Couldn't say it any better.

Could you tell us more about that info please? Training partners?

Back