UFC 300 is going to be a freakshow

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Most champions and credible contenders already have fights set. Guys like Jones and Izzy definitely won't headline.
There are rumors that ronda might be coming back. Conor is definitely fighting, no doubt as the main event as the dude ain't accepting anything less. Hell I won't be surprised if Brock comes back too.
All three are huge draws but they have barely been relevant in the octagon for years. It's the pinnacle of spectacle but definitely not the pinncale of the sport.
Is anyone worried for Ufc 300? 100 was amazing for me as a kid. 200 was good, would have been great if Jones didn't test positive but 300... Yikes.

I don't think they would bring back Ronda or Brock. It's too late, they both have nothing to offer in terms of "what could happen" and it would look like a desperate move.

Why wouldn't Jones headline 300?

I don't think they would bring back Ronda or Brock. It's too late, they both have nothing to offer in terms of "what could happen" and it would look like a desperate move.

Why wouldn't Jones headline 300?
There are rumors of ronda coming back and I don't see Dana not going ahead if she is available to fight. Instant title shot too.
Jones won't be recovered by April.

There are rumors of ronda coming back and I don't see Dana not going ahead if she is available to fight. Instant title shot too.
Jones won't be recovered by April.

Yeah, I thought 300 was still far away. Didn't realize it was in early 2024.

I don't think there will be a ufc 300. No stars.
I think they will stack the undercard with fighters like Whittaker, Cory, other decently popular fighters but idk, Conor is most definitely headlining and that doesn't feel right. I'd take O'Malley headlining over him but all top stars are booked.
In a perfect world, someone like Volk or Islam is the main event.

Don't write off Izzy just yet. That dude has said a lot of stupid shit to hold him to his word as bond. If Pereira knocks out Jiri I think they try to make the trilogy(part 5 really) for the 205 belt. Izzy is like 35 he's not sitting put for 4 years nobody believes that. Jamahal won't be ready until summer/fall.

If not, a Conor/Chandler, Gaethje/Max, Nate/Poirier trio would be quite the fun freakshow. I think Nates more likely to come back than Brock or Ronda.

A healthy mix of competitive fights and freakshow matchups is ok with me.

Since Merab won't fight for a title and Gane failed his two chances, match them up. Can Merab's grappling overcome Gane's size and FIFA Video Game skills when in a cage? Let's find out!

Since the top stars are all filled.. looks like UFC 300 will have WMMA as the co-main & main event

lol @ the drama queens in full panic about “stars”, go back to pro wrestling and watch Wrestlemania for your stars, there plenty. They’ll be good fights with good fighters at UFC 300.

For an event with two zeroes it should get mainstream media attention with a big headliner.
I remember hearing guys at work who never knew about MMA talking about the Connor-Khabib fight.

Those days are done. There will never be another high selling ppv. Welcome back to 2001

Could easily have winner of this weekends card vs Jamahal hill

I feel like they'll put lots of solid fights together and top with with Conor and call it a day. It's going to be a stacked card with Conor fight rather than their usual Conor fight and nobody underneath card. Would be cool to see some wild cards thrown in. Brock would be cool because he was on the 1st 2 100s, give him Tuivasa or something.

Back