UFC Fight Night: Cannonier vs Gastelum - Discussion Thread

Live betting both Parker and Guida after r1. Their r3 props have some value too.

Live betting both Parker and Guida after r1. Their r3 props have some value too.
I wouldn't be counting on Madsen gassing. He had staph infection, broken jaw, and shoulder rupture last time. Still had very 2 strong rounds against a slippery bugger.

I like Guida in this fight. I hope he has his gameplan sharpened, throws some leg kicks and keeps his feet constantly moving. He landed some good haymakers against MJ in his last fight and MJ is eight times the striker Madsen is.

Madsen needs to get close and grab a hold of Guida, who I see constantly bouncing and circling. Guida can keep moving for three rounds while swinging and scrambling but I can’t say the same for Madsen, even though I wouldn’t go as far as saying that the Olympian has a bad gas tank.

Madsen as a sizeable favorite? I don’t think so. I guess we’ll find out what happens tonight!

I like Guida in this fight. I hope he has his gameplan sharpened, throws some leg kicks and keeps his feet constantly moving. He landed some good haymakers against MJ in his last fight and MJ is eight times the striker Madsen is.

Madsen needs to get close and grab a hold of Guida, who I see constantly bouncing and circling. Guida can keep moving for three rounds while swinging and scrambling but I can’t say the same for Madsen, even though I wouldn’t go as far as saying that the Olympian has a bad gas tank.

Madsen as a sizeable favorite? I don’t think so. I guess we’ll find out what happens tonight!
He lost a round to a beyond washed BJ Penn. Madsen gave 2 very strong rounds with staph infection, broken jaw and shoulder injury.

He lost a round to a beyond washed BJ Penn. Madsen gave 2 very strong rounds with staph infection, broken jaw and shoulder injury.
You can pick and choose fights from over 2 years ago that fit your view on how this will play out, but the facts are that Guida has had two good showings after that one. Also he did win that fight.

You are showing bias towards the danish guy. It’s okay though, I like him too. I’m from the Nordics as well!

You can pick and choose fights from over 2 years ago that fit your view on how this will play out, but the facts are that Guida has had two good showings after that one. Also he did win that fight.

You are showing bias towards the danish guy. It’s okay though, I like him too. I’m from the Nordics as well!
I just favour the far better fighter here. The odds for guida should be as a +1000 underdog.

Bea Malecki looking like Vigo from Ghostbusters.

tumblr_inline_o9zkqoxef31ttbdeg_1280.jpg

Pilarte looks a bit bigger than Kelleher. I've lost a lot of money betting against Kelleher, but it's hard to turn down +odds...
I saw her at the weigh ins staring at a painting for hours

I just favour the far better fighter here. The odds for guida should be as a +1000 underdog.
<YeahOKJen>

Jessica Eye was like +800 against Shevchenko. Lauren Murphy is like +550 against her. Now you’re saying Guida should be +1000 against a guy who went life and death against Austin Hubbard in the 3rd round. :rolleyes:

Keep trolling

I'd argue that Hubbard's style is far more suitable to take advantage of a gassed Madsen as opposed to Guida's style. I think the key is if Guida can make the first round close by hopping around and landing some strikes. I also think Madsen is a threat to Guida's neck.

Screenshot_20210821-141318__01.jpg Madsen might have an Olympic medal but how many Strikeforce belts does he have?

Think about who is really the higher calibre athlete here. Only one was an actual world champion and one guys career was defined by consistently being second best.

It's a possibility. He threw plenty leg kicks in the Arloksvi fight. It didn't seem to matter too much. He just gassed, and by round 3 was too tired to anything but just eat everything. I just think Parker has the much better striking and cardio. And enough power to earn respect.

Keep an eye on the live lines after rd 2. Ideally it's 1-1 and Parker is at + odds. Look at his output Rd 3 in his last fight. He's one of those HW's that looks chubby but who has plenty of gas in the tank to throw volume for 3 full rounds.

Madsen's cardio isn't THAT bad, it's just not great. And Guida's is. But Guida is likely gonna be down 2 rounds by the time that matters. Are people thinking he's actually gonna finish Madsen in Rd 3?

Madsen's cardio isn't THAT bad, it's just not great. And Guida's is. But Guida is likely gonna be down 2 rounds by the time that matters. Are people thinking he's actually gonna finish Madsen in Rd 3?
Couldn't finish beyond washed Michael Johnson and BJ Penn. He's not finishing anybody.

I wonder how Madsen is going to constantly get a hold of Guida as his best takedowns are from the clinch. He needs to get close and get his hands locked. I think Guida will be moving around like the maniac he is and scrambling constantly to not get held down.

Maybe Madsen floors him with a punch or grabs a hold of his neck while Guida thrashes around but who knows. Their last performances taken into consideration.. I don’t think Madsen should be as big of a favorite

Back