News UFC vet Phil Baroni gets late/bad/bounced check from WBKFF

Shameful.

But to clear up confusion, this is not BKFC which appears to be doing decent (or well enough to continue).

According to a story by Tom Taylor on December 12, none of the fighters have been paid for the Casper show.

I went to the show, it was pretty entertaining, the production was great, they even had Jimmy Lennon Jr. as the ring announcer.

That check looks like something I could have created and printed using MS Paint.

Bas has a bunch of posts on the issue on his FB.

They got fucked by a promoter/fight manager. A lot of money disappeared, did not come through as promised and fighters are getting shafted on what was promised.

I know, I didn't elaborate. I should have.

It was a great show, I went. The production was great. I even got a pic with Bas Rutten after. As of Dec. 12 none of the fighters have been paid, according to Tom Taylor article on BJPenn.com

I thought he WAS and left to do his Combat Karate thing and exposed the BKFF people.

That could be, I may be late to the show. I read the article where Bas explained what happened and yes it seems like a lot of shady shit went on.

WBKFF the new Affliction?
No. Affliction actually paid their guys. Like way too much even to the point it was putting them out of business. They paid Arlovski 800k to fight Fedor back in 2008 which was unheard of in MMA. It's even almost unheard of now, barring the few big draws they have left

I posted an article from Bas on page two from a few days ago.

No. Affliction actually paid their guys. Like way too much even to the point it was putting them out of business. They paid Arlovski 800k to fight Fedor back in 2008 which was unheard of in MMA. It's even almost unheard of now, barring the few big draws they have left

Arlovski was paid $1.5 million for his fight vs Fedor. $800k was probably around what he earned for his knockout of Rothwell in the first event.

https://mmajunkie.com/2009/02/andre...n-payday-tops-afflictions-3-1-million-payroll

From here on out, zero dollars can be referred to as Phil Baroni money.

Seriously, though, I sympathize. That's pretty weak. That check looks quite generic. No bank reference other than a checking and routing number..

PS. Some of the responses to his post... Wow. Despicable people out there.

• daniel.adams.50
    For that performance you don't deserve shite. You took a f****** dive . You're on steroids. Find a real job because I could knock your ass out
  • philbaroni_nyba
    @daniel.adams.50 I wouldn’t take a dive against you and cave the side of your fucking head in scumbag
  • daniel.adams.50
    @philbaroni_nyba New York pussy you have no Chin anymore I could blow on you and you would fall down

It does say it is from a PNC Bank in Northern Kentucky but it certainly looks fishy as hell.

Damn I even under sold it. Yeah Affliction paid really well. They actually had top fighters under their roof at one point. It could have been a legit competing organization.

It lured them because of the money they were offering (and Pride had recently been folded, and all of the guys who opted not to re-sign into the UFC were free agents, so some great talent was available at the time).

Overall, it was a great spectacle for we fans. Some awesome matchups. Vitor and Fedor and Arlovski and Sylvia and Rothwell and little Nog and Barnett and so forth, all on the same card...

It lured them because of the money they were offering (and Pride had recently been folded, and all of the guys who opted not to re-sign into the UFC were free agents, so some great talent was available at the time).

Overall, it was a great spectacle for we fans. Some awesome matchups. Vitor and Fedor and Arlovski and Sylvia and Rothwell and little Nog and Barnett and so forth, all on the same card...
Yeah it was deep with talent. Especially heavyweights. Then Strikeforcr came about and they had a pretty decent talent pool too. They were bought out. Now we are left with Bellator and I feel Bellator is miles and miles away from what even Afflcition and Strikeforce were. As far as talent and marketable fighters.

$50k for one old fighter to fight bare knuckle seems like a lot, the entire event must have cost an unsustainable amount.
Posts from Bas 'claim' they'll all get paid but it has no future.

Ya we already covered this. I just meant in the sense that poor money management will cause a quick downfall.

that is the same card Merriman bailed on, because they tried to renegotiate his signed contract and pay him way less.

not surprised these clowns are bouncing cheques after the fact.

Back