War Room OT Discussion v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's not a slam at you when people are rude -- it's a slam at the people they've met before.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Love of the Last Tycoon

I mean I obviously have some anger or emotional issues. I am not upset with anyone here but I lashed out at them. It's from different stuff that has nothing to do with you guys.

"It's not a slam at you when people are rude -- it's a slam at the people they've met before.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Love of the Last Tycoon

I mean I obviously have some anger or emotional issues. I am not upset with anyone here but I lashed out at them. It's from different stuff that has nothing to do with you guys.
I haven't thought of it like that before. My brain stops at "they're having a bad day."

I have a ton of xanax actually. just took one. not abusing them. just for panic attacks which are rare now. I rarely have panic attacks anymore so now I just take them whenever I need to relax. I have noticed I am less angry on Xanax, which to me indicates my anger is at least somewhat based in fear.

This is what William James said about anger. It dissolves things. It is an acid. It wipes things like fear to the side. Lowers inhibitions. He is basically talking about me here lol:

Earnestness means willingness to live with energy, though energy bring pain. The pain may be pain to other people or pain to one's self — it makes little difference; for when the strenuous mood is on one, the aim is to break something, no matter whose or what. Nothing annihilates an inhibition as irresistibly as anger does it; for, as Moltke says of war, destruction pure and simple is its essence. This is what makes it so invaluable an ally of every other passion. The sweetest delights are trampled on with a ferocious pleasure the moment they offer themselves as checks to a cause by which our higher indignations are elicited. It costs, then, nothing to drop friendships, to renounce long-rooted privileges and possessions, to break with social ties.

-William James

“Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It’s like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can’t control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you.”

Mike Tyson

All right. Apologies to everyone. I threw a tantrum. Sorry. I flip out when people try to control or censor me, especially when I believe it is unjustified. I feel like an idiot and I apologize.

Also, that stock kid we were arguing about? I just got booted from their discord. lol. The place is all about positivity. No flaming or negativity of any kind but this fucker was being passive aggressive towards me so I said, "Just shut up man." and boom. ban. lol. I knew I wouldn't last long there. The vast majority of the posters in this thread wouldn't either.

That's right.

Beg for our forgiveness, you slut.

<{jackyeah}>

and speaking of energy. I also love these Carlin lines and agree. @Fawlty

The problem most New Yorkers have with Los Angeles is that it is fragmented and lacks a vital center. The people have no common experience. Instead, they exude a kind of bemused detachment that renders them intensely uninteresting. the West Coast experience is soft and peripheral, New York is hard and concentrated. California is a small woman saying, "Fuck me." New York is a large man saying, "Fuck you!"

Still, I live in California. But I'm not "laid-back," and I'm certainly not "mellow." I associate those qualities with the comatose. The solar system wasn't formed because matter was laid-back; life didn't arise from the oceans and humans descend from the trees because DNA was mellow. It happened because of something called energy.

I have a ton of xanax actually. just took one. not abusing them. just for panic attacks which are rare now. I rarely have panic attacks anymore so now I just take them whenever I need to relax. I have noticed I am less angry on Xanax, which to me indicates my anger is at least somewhat based in fear.

This is what William James said about anger. It dissolves things. It is an acid. It wipes things like fear to the side. Lowers inhibitions. He is basically talking about me here lol:

Earnestness means willingness to live with energy, though energy bring pain. The pain may be pain to other people or pain to one's self — it makes little difference; for when the strenuous mood is on one, the aim is to break something, no matter whose or what. Nothing annihilates an inhibition as irresistibly as anger does it; for, as Moltke says of war, destruction pure and simple is its essence. This is what makes it so invaluable an ally of every other passion. The sweetest delights are trampled on with a ferocious pleasure the moment they offer themselves as checks to a cause by which our higher indignations are elicited. It costs, then, nothing to drop friendships, to renounce long-rooted privileges and possessions, to break with social ties.

-William James

“Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It’s like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can’t control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you.”

Mike Tyson
I took some for about a week a few years back, but I had insane panic attacks when I quit. Apparently that can be really serious, so I stay away. But they work great for some people- I did notice they helped a lot and they worked quickly.

Anger seems like a young man's game. It's such a great feeling to not get angry at something that used to set you off. I guess there's something to eliminating inhibition, but that always seemed to work better using nervous excitement. Different strokes though.

and speaking of energy. I also love these Carlin lines and agree. @Fawlty

The problem most New Yorkers have with Los Angeles is that it is fragmented and lacks a vital center. The people have no common experience. Instead, they exude a kind of bemused detachment that renders them intensely uninteresting. the West Coast experience is soft and peripheral, New York is hard and concentrated. California is a small woman saying, "Fuck me." New York is a large man saying, "Fuck you!"

Still, I live in California. But I'm not "laid-back," and I'm certainly not "mellow." I associate those qualities with the comatose. The solar system wasn't formed because matter was laid-back; life didn't arise from the oceans and humans descend from the trees because DNA was mellow. It happened because of something called energy.
He's the man. I believe his best reason for living on the west coast was "because the sun sets a mile from my house."

I took some for about a week a few years back, but I had insane panic attacks when I quit. Apparently that can be really serious, so I stay away. But they work great for some people- I did notice they helped a lot and they worked quickly.

Anger seems like a young man's game. It's such a great feeling to not get angry at something that used to set you off. I guess there's something to eliminating inhibition, but that always seemed to work better using nervous excitement. Different strokes though.

When I was a kid I would tell God to go fuck himself. lol. like in my mind or even sometimes out loud. I wasn't raised religious at all, I don't even know if my parents are atheists or not. It is a total non issue. But as a kid I believed in God because so many people do and just seemed like a general truth. It is a conclusion I came to on my own. Without much thinking. I think that is part of God's appeal. Somebody to blame. CS Lewis said he was mad at God for not existing. I felt the same exact way. Somebody needs to take responsibility for this shit. lol. Somebody needs to be held accountable for all the pain and suffering on Earth. The guy who wrote Solaris said he is an atheist on moral grounds. Because the idea that such a painful universe was created on purpose is disturbing.

But what I did as a kid is similar to how religions develop. I needed somebody to blame. Nobody was around. So create somebody. Voltaire said if God did not exist it would be necessary to invent him. I agree with that statement 100%. I will stop my rambling now. lol.

When I was a kid I would tell God to go fuck himself. lol. like in my mind or even sometimes out loud. I wasn't raised religious at all, I don't even know if my parents are atheists or not. It is a total non issue. But as a kid I believed in God because so many people do and just seemed like a general truth. It is a conclusion I came to on my own. Without much thinking. I think that is part of God's appeal. Somebody to blame. CS Lewis said he was mad at God for not existing. I felt the same exact way. Somebody needs to take responsibility for this shit. lol. Somebody needs to be held accountable for all the pain and suffering on Earth. The guy who wrote Solaris said he is an atheist on moral grounds. Because the idea that such a painful universe was created on purpose is disturbing.

But what I did as a kid is similar to how religions develop. I needed somebody to blame. Nobody was around. So create somebody. Voltaire said if God did not exist it would be necessary to invent him. I agree with that statement 100%. I will stop my rambling now. lol.
I'm satisfied with simple explanations like prehistoric confirmation bias and pattern seeking, with a healthy splash of evolved paranoia. But I have trouble with the question of whether it was all necessary socially- for group morals, hierarchy and cohesion. Probably so, maybe not. I think it was more inevitable than necessary, like incest.

None of this modern God stuff ever made any deep kind of sense to me, so I can't relate to people like Lewis. That could be a result of my own upbringing and intellect when I was young though. I didn't think like other people around me, and I was incredibly embarrassed when adults would talk about God, like I knew that they were all lying- but I knew that I couldn't say anything about it.

Time and pressure works though. I tried God on for size and it was a ridiculous waste of my time. I feel I'm justifiably sort of bitter at my culture for that, and for poisoning the minds of my friends.

Leftover brisket is the fucking shit. NOM.

Time and pressure works though. I tried God on for size and it was a ridiculous waste of my time. I feel I'm justifiably sort of bitter at my culture for that, and for poisoning the minds of my friends.
70voqx.jpg

Glad to hear you're doing better. If you have panic attacks again, I would recommend you try Ativan (Lorazepam). It has a longer half-life, is less addictive, and in my experience is much more effective. I haven't taken one in years, but it was a saving grace once upon a time.

Has anyone seen the reports that some of the kids interviewed after the FL shooting are "crisis actors" or some shit?

Like, this David Hogg kid got interviewed for some shit in CA back in 2015 and then shows up at the FL shooting too.

Not sure how tinfoil hatty this is is why I'm putting it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back