Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Does anybody here still play this? I'm really wanting to get it but I don't want to have to rely on randoms all the time and I don't know anyone else that has it.

Ive barely played, every time I have tried one of two things happens

1. Doing well, game crashes.
2. Its mid way through the scenario, at least one is dead, the other scrubs run around like morons.

Ive barely played, every time I have tried one of two things happens

2. Its mid way through the scenario, at least one is dead, the other scrubs run around like morons.

Well that's not what I wanted to hear haha but I appreciate the honesty!

Ugh, I was thinking about getting this too because I've fallen in love with the Warhammer Fantasy world via the Total War games. But, I already went through enough crashes and issues with For Honor at launch I think I'll pass or maybe wait for a big sale. Looks fun though!

This is looking pretty awesome. I am going to pick it up but not till after I finish something I am working on this week. It's a fair price too, IMO. Looks so fun.

I've come back now and then lately. It's still a pretty lazily released and maintained game, but the combat is excellent and I love carrying a group.

cant get over the name of the dlc Bögenhafen

bögen means "the homosexual" in swedish which makes it funnier because the studio is swedish

Typical leftist-agenda subliminal fuckery.

I picked up the collectors edition yesterday and sessioned it for a while. It is basically the exact same as the original, but it's super fun. There doesn't seem to be a large player base though, at least for the Custom games. I finished Act I (Four missions) yesterday. I like the loot system so far, you seem to get crates frequently.

One thing that slows things down when unboxing multiple loot crates though; you have to go equip the drops every time you open a crate to raise the power level. It kinda sucks if you have 5 or 7 crates that you want to unbox, because if you open them all at once, the power level of the items will all drop just above your currently-equipped power level. It makes for a slower, cumbersome process but it seems to ensure that you'll raise your power level every time you open a crate.

It's a lot of fun though. A lot.

I picked up the collectors edition yesterday and sessioned it for a while. It is basically the exact same as the original, but it's super fun. There doesn't seem to be a large player base though, at least for the Custom games. I finished Act I (Four missions) yesterday. I like the loot system so far, you seem to get crates frequently.

One thing that slows things down when unboxing multiple loot crates though; you have to go equip the drops every time you open a crate to raise the power level. It kinda sucks if you have 5 or 7 crates that you want to unbox, because if you open them all at once, the power level of the items will all drop just above your currently-equipped power level. It makes for a slower, cumbersome process but it seems to ensure that you'll raise your power level every time you open a crate.

It's a lot of fun though. A lot.
You don't need to equip them, it's just based on the highest # you've seen, and it carries over between characters. It's just random to a point, an item can be anywhere from like 3 below your highest seen to 10ish above.

Last edited:
You don't need to equip them, it's just based on the highest # you've seen, and it carries over between characters. It's just random to a point, an item can be anywhere from like 3 below your highest seen to 10ish above.
Oh ok cool. It must've been coincidence when I was getting the lower rolls after not equipping the higher powered stuff I guess. That's good to know, because it was kind of a pain in the ass to keep navigating the menus between opening each loot crate.

Oh ok cool. It must've been coincidence when I was getting the lower rolls after not equipping the higher powered stuff I guess. That's good to know, because it was kind of a pain in the ass to keep navigating the menus between opening each loot crate.
Yeah, there's a looot of stuff that could use a tooltip or two, you still have to guess what your crit is, what your hp is, what certain damage stats are.

It's obviously a blatant conceptual ripoff, but I love Vermintide, and I hate Left for Dead. Matter of taste I guess.
I loved the L4D series (and wish they'd come out with a nextgen version) and I also love the Vermintide series. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

It's obviously a blatant conceptual ripoff, but I love Vermintide, and I hate Left for Dead. Matter of taste I guess.

The game style is certainly similar but the combat, loot, and class system make Vermintide infinitely more complex, which is why it's better.

The game style is certainly similar but the combat, loot, and class system make Vermintide infinitely more complex, which is why it's better.
Yeah, that's the stuff I like, being an RPG nerd. But I mean, even the specials are almost copy-pastes. The gas one, the grabby one, the assassin one, the giant one! Vermintide is a much better game, in my opinion, beyond just that, guns are so boring. Melee combat makes things so much more complex and intimate.

Yeah, that's the stuff I like, being an RPG nerd. But I mean, even the specials are almost copy-pastes. The gas one, the grabby one, the assassin one, the giant one! Vermintide is a much better game, in my opinion, beyond just that, guns are so boring. Melee combat makes things so much more complex and intimate.

L4D is more proof of concept than anything. It's a Half-Life 2 game mode and not much else.

Vermintide 1 and 2 are an exploration to make that game style deeper, along with others like Killing Floor, etc.

L4D is more proof of concept than anything. It's a Half-Life 2 game mode and not much else.

Vermintide 1 and 2 are an exploration to make that game style deeper, along with others like Killing Floor, etc.
Yeah, I think Vermintide itself might be a half measure. It's like PUBG, there a ton of "ripoffs" that take it to new places, and I feel there might be some super special game to come that really seizes on all the good parts of it. I mean, the crafting, customization, and gameplay variety of Vermintide as it is are very mediocre, as much as I like it.

Yeah, I think Vermintide itself might be a half measure. It's like PUBG, there a ton of "ripoffs" that take it to new places, and I feel there might be some super special game to come that really seizes on all the good parts of it. I mean, the crafting, customization, and gameplay variety of Vermintide as it is are very mediocre, as much as I like it.

The loot/power level thing in VT2 is ridiculously over complicated and basically pointless.

Back