What is the most painful submission hold?

Heel hooks (pain in the knee) and calf slicers are at the top of my pain list.

Really depends on the person you're putting it on. For me, I'd say the heel hook.

Body Count said:
Well it used to be a can opener, but after I heard Bas say "[No one should tap to a straight ankle lock, it's just pain and you're not at risk for bodily damage]" I thought about it and found he was right and now I never tap to it, least not in competition. Thing is though, it starts to hurt like holy hell after someones been cranking on it for a good 15 seconds. It never fully goes away either, sticks with you all through practice.

i can put an ankle lock on you that'll give you some permanent damage.

blanko said:
either you heard bas wrong/missunderstood bas or bas is confusing the straight ankle lock with the achilles lock.

Aren't they nearly the same thing?

your average every day armbar hurts me the most but the kneebar is a close second when applied to my left knee.

Oh man I would die if someone put me in a kneebar, so glad it is forbidden in judo

blanko said:
either you heard bas wrong/missunderstood bas or bas is confusing the straight ankle lock with the achilles lock.
I believe it was a toe hold.

NJCarder said:
banana split or the twister if twirked

lol my instructor put me in the banana split and i fought it for a while then all of a sudden he got it and both my arms were somehow locked up and i felt my groin was going to rip apart.

A guy that used to come to my school used to do this submission that is pretty much exactly like a paper cutter. But instead he put his elbow point right into your sternum and then proceeds to finish it by lifting up on your head and pushing down of the elbow. That was probably the most painful second of my life.

Pure said:
A guy that used to come to my school used to do this submission that is pretty much exactly like a paper cutter. But instead he put his elbow point right into your sternum and then proceeds to finish it by lifting up on your head and pushing down of the elbow. That was probably the most painful second of my life.

pretty sure thats a can opener. i think achilles locks are the most painful.

I got put in a spine lock (Chris Jericho's Lion Tamer for the wrasslin fans) once. The worst pain I have ever felt in my life easily.

Yeah, those suck. I am really careful when someone stands in my guard these days.

Bicep and Calf Slicer win here for free. All the other holds you know will cause permanent damage, and you tap before it does so. Bicep and Calf slicer just hurt like a motherfucker and you only tap after you've had enough hurt.

For me, I'd say its the crucifix. Some fucker messed my neck up with that.

hayliks said:
i can put an ankle lock on you that'll give you some permanent damage.
Exactly my thought. If you don't think ankle locks can hurt you, then you haven't been ankle locked properly. There's a specific series of facial expressions I associate with people being ankle locked properly for the first time. It begins with a sneer, that clearly says "Get that garbage out of here, I'm not tapping to a straight ankle lock!" Then, almost instantaneously, as I get my forearm settled in the right place and guillotine the foot, the expression changes to one of complete and total shock.

Back