What is the most painful submission hold?

You can tell a lot of the guys in this post don't train, mostly by their comments about heel hooks. Heel hooks are forbidden in many schools because they don't hurt until they do damage. When they are applied they target the knee not the heel (the heel is used as a lever to manipulate the knee). One small disclaimer is occasionally you will feel a small "tweak" in your knee if it's applied without damage provided you tap before they go any further.

-Best of luck in the future, and keep training.

Timbaland said:
For me, I'd say its the crucifix. Some fucker messed my neck up with that.
I'm with you. In one of my first training sessions I guy put me in a crucifix and My neck hurt for weeks. I have never had one thrown on me but I saw a guy last week get caught in a "inverted reel hook." His reaction was like it hurt like no other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Vaj9JV5bQ

Neck cranks would ahve to be the most uncomfortable holds for me.

I would say that slicer's hurt like freakin hell as well as a properly applied straight ankle lock.

fatmanroller said:
bingo those motherfuckers hurt.

No shit.. I was put in one about 2 weeks ago and I'm still limping around.

The Twister is no fun either!

InternetHero said:
Anything with the biceps seem to hurt me a lot.

more muscles = more nerves

my calfs are a lot bigger than my biceps.

For me, no doubt, calf slicer, I could almost feel it as I read the thread title....

i got caught in a neck crank once (it was like a head and arm in wrestling minus the arm) and didnt tap so he cranked on it and i couldnt move for about 15 minutes
on a side note
for some reason leg locks are some of the least painful for me

I always tap before it's too late....So i don't know..

calf slicers don't hurt me all that much, why? I don't know. I have really solid calfs and it doesn't create that much pain.

The most painful for me? Bicep slicers and Kimuras.

Pyle1500 said:
You can tell a lot of the guys in this post don't train, mostly by their comments about heel hooks. Heel hooks are forbidden in many schools because they don't hurt until they do damage. When they are applied they target the knee not the heel (the heel is used as a lever to manipulate the knee). One small disclaimer is occasionally you will feel a small "tweak" in your knee if it's applied without damage provided you tap before they go any further.

-Best of luck in the future, and keep training.

I think you are reading too far into it. Most people tap in time so they never get a chance to feel a sub full force. When people get heel hooked, they feel the blunt immediately with no opportunity to submitt and that stands out as the most pain a sub has ever caused them. I think it is a safe bet to say the people in this thread train.

i think the heelhook can do the most damage but for me isnt the most painful. some people say the reason its so dangerous is some people dont feel it until something breaks, either knee, ankle or shin.

personally i think throat crush style choke aren't much fun, for example the gogoplata. and yeah biceps or calf crushes suck arse.

for me there is no pain like the calf slicer

Terrier said:
Two words - Banna split

true true
also known as the lady maker
if not the most painful most definitly the scaryest i thought my balls were gonna get riped apart

TrentRage said:
for me its the kneebar, followed by armbar.
i have litterally screamed while tapping out to kneebars. they are a BITCH.

heel hook. easily the most painful and dangerous mma submission hold there is with the possible exception of the twister/back brace.

the gym where i train if anyone performs a heel hook they are out the door neve to come back, its a career ending move when applied correctly, can blow the knee cap and cause a spiral fracture up the shin. very nasty.

Back