What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Bought a set of AR furniture from Boyd's Wooden Gun Stocks . . . and I think I've found my favorite stock.

Hopefully you guys can view the uploaded picture of them on my Grendel.

Attachments

• BoydsGrendel.JPG
    BoydsGrendel.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 12
I'll be going back in the military, so I'll leave my Glock 19 (primary carry gun) at my home. I'll get a snub-nose. I love the classic look and feel of an steel J-frame. I'll probably get a model 60 and throw wood grips on it, when I get stationed somewhere. Until I can get my G19 and other guns back. Then the model 60 will probably become a BUG.

144796_02_smith_and_wesson_model_60_640.jpg

Last edited:
That's their base model one right?

Please let me know how you like it, want one for an R700 build I'm doing.

It’s not really a base model as much as just an affordable model. It gets great reviews though and the price is awesome, 389.00 plus whatever you paid for the magazines but I was given 3 mags.

Yep. I loved p226 and p229 for years, ended up getting rid for the PPQ. Excellent weapon, feels like a toy gun and very forgiving.

No range test though. The CZ P10c is nearly right there trigger-wise. Accuracy and comfort could swing the vote.

No range test though. The CZ P10c is nearly right there trigger-wise. Accuracy and comfort could swing the vote.

It would take some serious hardware to get me off my PPQ, it is my daily carry. I love everything from the weight to the pistol grip to the trigger. Havent touched the CZ P10, it looks like a bit of a glock clone?

It would take some serious hardware to get me off my PPQ, it is my daily carry. I love everything from the weight to the pistol grip to the trigger. Havent touched the CZ P10, it looks like a bit of a glock clone?

CZ was taking on the Glock 19 with their own style. I'd say it's a fine alternative.

Not sure about the PPQ as a range toy (I like my steel frames), but as a carry gun if it's reliable then it's worth considering.

Last edited:
It’s not really a base model as much as just an affordable model. It gets great reviews though and the price is awesome, 389.00 plus whatever you paid for the magazines but I was given 3 mags.
It nearly makes me cry to see what you guys pay for firearms parts, the same chassis would set me back arpund $900.00 down here

I’ve gotten 3 Emerson knives in the past 2 weeks, a commander, a cqc7b and since I’m doing search and rescue now, I figured why not an NSAR with the seatbelt cutter on the main blade. That way I don’t have to open a second blade to use a seatbelt cutter.

Also, shot my tikka with the krg bravo chassis and nightforce shv 3-10x42 out at 600yds today working on some uphill and downhill angles with the hot day precision hunter 143g. Nice shooting setup, barely weighs 8lbs chassis scope and all.

Also.....jadon Hairston, the founder of kuiu committed suicide yesterday which is pretty sad, I’d met him on a few occasions and he was a very cool guy, super successful in business, sheep hunting etc. sad, he had 2 small kids.

Back