Who do you believe UFC or USADA?

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Pretty easy to side with USADA, if I must. I have found them to be disingenuous in the past, but not to the extent that Dana and the UFC have thoroughly proven themselves to be.

USADA.

UFC obviously tried to get the Brock treatment for Conor and USADA said no. That cost UFC a bunch of PPV buys for the card in December.

But what really happened is Conor is roided up to the gills and didn't join the testing pool back when he was supposed to. That's it. That's what happened. Don't blame USADA for the rules that everyone agreed upon, then try to pretend Conor is some victim here.

The guy is full of PEDs and didn't want to get caught - blame him! He's the one actually at fault here!
I think you are painting a really believable scenario. In support of Dana, I think it's fair to expect an agency to look the other way for a billion dollar company to conduct business in a way that maximizes profits. If that means bending or breaking the rules then it's all fair game. I believe this happens in all the major sports with PED's. Therefore, I think USADA is more to blame. If you look around at other sports, it's fair to expect judges, refs, and drug testing companies to cooperate with the people running the sports to have desired outcomes that maximize profits. It's how this stuff all works.

Disclaimer: In a perfect world, none of this stuff would happen

I could be wrong, but I understood Conor wasn't in the testing pool after the injury. The argument of health by taking whatever is needed vs using the injury as an excuse to also enhance himself in the process. The same rules apply to everyone when they're injured or not. He should always be in the testing pool and not just re-enter for the 6 months when he's done what he needed to. Then there can be modified rules for health during injury, but with monitoring.

UFC was sick of USADA holding up Conor's return cause he still got them roids in his system.

As if Dana is ever the person telling the truth if there's a dispute

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure Sherdogs goat (Jones) got caught multiple times. And was still allowed to compete under usada. So if Jones is permitted to have peds in his system, Im sure Conrat would be too. USADA is dodgy as hell, expecially Novitsky.

ufc wasnt giving Conor special treatment. You know how I know that, because they didnt fucking give him an exemption. If they wanted him to fight in Dec and were like fuck usada guess what, he'd be fighting in Dec. He's not.

UFC were fed up it sounds like spending the money and not feeling like they were getting returns, not getting advancements in testing though they were paying for it. making it harder for fighters and more complicated. So they went with someone else.
Is that how the exemptions work? It’s 100% the UFC’s call on who gets the exemptions and USADA has no say?

edit: it’s also possible that even if the ufc has full control of exemptions, for pr purposes they wanted USADA to sign off on the exemption so the ufc doesn’t appear to be giving Connor special treatment. And if USADA declined to sign on, then the ufc says “fine we’ll wait the 6 months, but our business together is over since you aren’t a team player.”

Last edited:
I feel like if the UFC has ever had any shady dealing with USADA (Jones, Brock?) maybe they shouldn’t poke at the fire and let it lay….

UFC may have insisted Conor go 6 months. Hell. Conor probably NEEDS 6 months…

But if USADA ever helped you in the past… I wouldn’t call them out like that. We will see in time.

hahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahha strawman.... hahahahahhahahahahahahahah wtffffff you're so messed because they happened and paint the picture as to why USADA said what they said.

What are you arguing then? like serious wtf are you arguing? The post is who do you believe, my questions if you answer them show who to believe. That's all. It doesn't suit your nut hugging ways so you just avoid them and you're screaming strawman when there's no strawman, my quesion is relevant to the topic. Simple Conor is a steriod user and USADA didn't want to sign up on him fighting on steriods and you, Conor and Dana are mad and using words that don't fit like scumbag and strawman.

It's not about happening, it's about happened... UFC / USADA fall out has happened, this post is to discuss what happened not what's going to happen in 50 years.. discussing what's going to happen is the strawman...
It would be whatever commission sanctioning the fight that allows the exemption not USADA. They were never going to exempt him, if you watched the conference with Novinzky and Hunter you would have more answers.

I think you are painting a really believable scenario. In support of Dana, I think it's fair to expect an agency to look the other way for a billion dollar company to conduct business in a way that maximizes profits. If that means bending or breaking the rules then it's all fair game. I believe this happens in all the major sports with PED's. Therefore, I think USADA is more to blame. If you look around at other sports, it's fair to expect judges, refs, and drug testing companies to cooperate with the people running the sports to have desired outcomes that maximize profits. It's how this stuff all works.

Disclaimer: In a perfect world, none of this stuff would happen
I don't think it's fair at all to USADA and their reputation. They already got burned with the Brock exemption - but they could justify that since Brock wasn't even a UFC fighter at that point, he was a pro wrestler who stepped up.

Conor has been under continuous contract with the UFC since he was initially signed. There's no exceptions for guys who take time off to use steroids for a year and then decide they want to fight. That's not a justifiable exception.

And if UFC wants exceptions for their biggest stars, what that really says is they don't want drug testing at all. They're putting on a show and nothing more.

USADA needs a reputation as a neutral and honest organization for their Olympic connections to be maintained - remember the Russian doping scandal? USADA can't afford that kind of thing. So they didn't let Conor just come back without joining the pool.

But again - nobody told Conor to pump himself full of banned substances. He chose to do that. He also chose not to re-enter the testing pool in time to be able to fight in December. Both of those are choices Conor made. Conor is the only one at fault here.

"Now" is too late. This squabble obviously happened some time ago. I'm guessing about 6 months before the MSG card. USADA hasn't given a date for their Principled Decision but since they seem to be the only ones stating any facts, maybe more will follow. Uncle Dana is obviouly pissed USADA drpped the news first, but the best he's come up with is calling people names, but not presenting any facts. I defend The Goof frequently, but this whole temper tatrum from Dana doesn't pass the smell test bro.

USADA put out a vague 3 paragraph statement you guys have spun into pages and pages of conspiracy theories meanwhile the UFC held a very detailed and in-depth 1.5 hour press conference about the situation and their future direction that you all keep refusing to acknowledge ever happened.

But sure, USADA's the stating facts. Facts that they got completely wrong if you ever bothered to watch the press conference.

Their cash cow is literally in USADA's pool right now. If he's not being tested it's because of USADA, not the UFC.

Their cash cow won't fight in december like UFC wanted : McGregor was expected to fight Michael Chandler in December, though the timing of their meeting has been in flux because of the testing rules.

USADA requires any athlete who has been out of action to submit to six months’ of testing and provide at least two negative tests before returning.

https://apnews.com/article/mcgregor-ufc-usada-drug-testing-57739c247d61b7e7b88aab61ae071ff5

Their cash cow will have to deal with less stringent testing once USADA is gone, so he will have time to juice before his fight anyway.

Your message is pointless.

Usada, Dana and Endevor are just looking for ways out since they're preventing Conor from comming back raided up.

In this specific case, USADA. But they are nothing more from the same coin side, mafia partners that break up and fight, you are this and that... When it was all good, not a single word. Now there are plenty from both sides. Convenient.

USADA put out a vague 3 paragraph statement you guys have spun into pages and pages of conspiracy theories meanwhile the UFC held a very detailed and in-depth 1.5 hour press conference about the situation and their future direction that you all keep refusing to acknowledge ever happened.

But sure, USADA's the stating facts. Facts that they got completely wrong if you ever bothered to watch the press conference.
USADA pretty much declared that the UFC is trying to cheat. Shocking? They HAVE done it before. UFC says USADA is incompetent and we are leaving but offers nothing to refute USADA claims. Doesn't pass the sniff test bro. Not even close. No one cares if Conor is in the pool now BTW...We're talkong about the past here so drop the "He's in the pool now" argument. It means nothing in the context of our discussion here. MAYBE The UFC will abide by the rules of the organization they hire to create and enforce said rules, but CLEARLY, the UFC wanted USADA to bend the rules (again) for Conor and this is where the conflict arose. In the past. Not now. Not in the future.

USADA pretty much declared that the UFC is trying to cheat. Shocking? They HAVE done it before. UFC says USADA is incompetent and we are leaving but offers nothing to refute USADA claims. Doesn't pass the sniff test bro. Not even close. No one cares if Conor is in the pool now BTW...We're talkong about the past here so drop the "He's in the pool now" argument. It means nothing in the context of our discussion here. MAYBE The UFC will abide by the rules of the organization they hire to create and enforce said rules, but CLEARLY, the UFC wanted USADA to bend the rules (again) for Conor and this is where the conflict arose. In the past. Not now. Not in the future.

The UFC literally refuted every one of USADA's claims.

Again, I know you're pretending the 1.5 hour press conference never happened, but it did.

i believe USADA.

Thy UFC has been alwsys lenient with their top draws, nothing new.

This. 100%

Where’s everyone who insisted usada would do anything for their cash cow (they have bigger cows) including lying and sacrificing their integrity and credibility?

Back