Why do people here hate Khabib?

Being Russian, I generally dislike Dagestani loudmouths (there are cool, intelligent and humble Dag dudes too tho).

Serious question.

What does Khabib do for a living? How does he put food on the table being so inactive?
I would bet he is a wrestling coach for the gym where he trains, but does he have a job on the side?
Some rich Dagestani businessman (who also owns the Fight Night promotion) takes care of him.

Plus a couple of sponsorhip deals, seminars etc.

Plus he lives in Dagestan which is a shithole in economic sense. You are basically an upper middle class there if you make a 1k USD per month (and he makes way more, no doubt about that).

Last edited:
Hate? No

Disappointed? Yes

Every time he's about to get a big fight, he'll get injured or some other bullshit happens. He might've been a champion a while ago if he would've stayed active...

Every time?

Three times.
Cowboy.
Ferg 1.
Ferg 3.

Also, he was ducked by Nate, by Alvarez, and Ferg pulled out the second time.

I like it when sherdoggers talk like if they were fighters they would fight injured AF, even with a broken leg. Not you, generally speaking.

He's a great guy which is why I am a fan.

- Cares about his fans, always posts updates on what he's doing, always signs pictures
- Put in a lot of effort to learn English when he started training in the USA and speaks it fluently, considering he didn't know any English at all. Guy is basically a patriot. Many fighters don't even bother.
-Only talks good about the USA, AKA, and his team members.
-Great grappler, grapples with Luke Rockhold and stays competitive
-Everyone who ever sparred the guy says he's the real deal and he is insanely strong
-Manhandled every fighter he went up against so far. Basically destroyed MJ's career by pounding him on the ground for 20 minutes.
-He's a muslim, but he doesn't talk shit about guys from an- y other religion and doesn't force it on anyone. Not his fault he was born in a muslim region.
-You can just tell that he's a kind guy, just from looking at him. He's the type of guy that would be really friendly to everyone, unless you disrespect him of course.
-Isn't scared of any fighters. Guy grew up in one of the toughest areas of Russia. He has been fighting his entire live. Has a youtube video of him wrestling a bear. Doesn't duck anyone ever, unless he has actual health issues.
-Doesn't do drugs or drink alcohol
-Has never been tested positive, never used any steroids. You can tell from his physique. He even said that he won't even take meds like ibuprofen if he has a headache. Won't risk it.
-Undefeated record, defeated strong fighters like RDA, MJ.

Basically the reason people hate on him because he couldn't make weight ONCE due to serious HEALTH ISSUES. The guy doesn't use any steroids, and doesn't cheat in any way whatsoever. I GUARANTEE you that MANY fighters would have health issues if they didn't do shady shit like blood transfusions, hidden PED's, etc.

The other time he had an injury.

People also forget that Tony pulled out the second time, when Khabib was healthy and ready to go.

Stop hating on the guy, he is a great NATURAL fighter and he will very likely hold the title. This stale ass repetitive Tiramisu shit has got to go. It was funny, maybe the first 1000 times. Now it's just lame. It's called beating a dead horse for a reason.

You need to learn the difference between hating someone and criticizing someone.

He gets a lot of (justified) criticism.

As for hatred, I doubt it, his personality is inoffensive.

pull out merchant

I dont hate the guy. But he is not professional in taking care of his body. Nutririon and training smart.

The guy is a beast the few times he enter the Cage. No doubt about that. But its more easy to stay undefeated when you fight just now and then.

Also. He need to stop acting like he runs shit. Just like teammate rockhold. Quit moaning, and just fight more often.

Thats the true path to becoming a legit champion.

He needs to fight more, i still love him. he's the best Lightweight in the world today, he just needs to go out there and prove it.

Because they know he would punish Conor and probably finish him
Half of Khabib's fights in the UFC have ended in decisions, half of the rest have been submissions. 90% of Conor's fights have ended in KO/TKO. Who is more likely to get finished here?

Khabib usede to be the only wrestling-based fighter I was a fan of, but now I just can't take him seriously due to the reasons everyone else has already said multiple times. At this point I won't trust him to actually fight unless I see his walkout. And even then I'll be a little leery.

Me not liking him has nothing to do with what you assumed and don't tell me what to do. If you like him, good for you. I don't let other peoples opinions on fighters effect me. Why do you care what I think about Khabib?

Did you look at his username?

Guy never fights, when he does more often than not he wrestles to a decision and his claim to fame is beating Michael Johnson and RDA ages ago yet people think he’s the uncrowned champ.

Just not very exciting I guess.

Fucking this. Most padded record in the UFC, but his fans want to jerk off to the 0 at the end of it.

I hate him even more now, after this thread.

I'm a big fan, watching him fight is like winning the lottery, and the odds of it happening are roughly the same.

I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion.

<21>

It's the constant injuries and multiple weight issues. It shouldn't bother us on a personal level, but as hardcore fans we understand this is a volatile sport.

Fighters aren't obligated to take fights, and you're much less likely to sign up for an opponent with Khabibs track record (up and coming fighters being the exception).

This totally fucks up match ups, and subsequently has ripple effects across the entire sport, with last minute fight scrambles and changes, which often results in us the fans not getting the fights we want.

with 2 more wins he will be again on top
KHABIB TIME

Hate is a strong word. Everybody (myself included) is still pissed at him for dropping out of the main event last year and killing the card.

Don't hate Khabib, but the guy couldn't make it to the biggest fight of his career because of poor weight management, that's embarrassing.

Back