Why is 28 Days later so special?

I appreciate the honesty and clarity of your explanation but I still vote that you be kicked out of the sherdog zombie club until you fall in love with all things Train to Busan.

I AM Sherdog Zombie Club.

I'm a pretty big fan of zombie movies, although I'm not that into 28 days. As others mentioned, the third act just sort of implodes and wastes the tension they'd spent the whole movie building. I like 28 weeks quite a bit more, the pacing and intensity in that movie is just perfect.

DOTD, DOTD remake, and 28 weeks are all roughly tied for my favorite zombie movie, with a slight edge to 28 weeks.

I AM Sherdog Zombie Club.

Okay, okay. I see you big dawg.

tenor.gif

First off, I'm a big time horror film fan, probably the biggest in this forum. .

And a zombie film fanatic as well...

Personally I believe the original Dawn of the Dead is the greatest zombie film of all time, (Train to Busan is also one of the greatest , especially if youre korean, youll get the social commentary, god damn what a beautiful film )especially with its dark filming , allegories and symbolism..

That being said, I encounter so many people who claim 28 days later to be the greatest zombie film of all time (let's set aside the debate of whether they were true zombies ).

When I first watched this film I was incredibly underwhelmed ...

I thought I missed something ...so I watched it again. ( and of course, I watch all horror films at night ). Again, I wasn't wowed like so many .

It's similar to Spider-Man 2, so many consider this to be one of the greatest comic book films ever...i disagree.

Tell me what I'm missing, why do you consider 28 days later to be one of the best of its genre .

All opinions welcome.

28 Days Later doesn't hold up as well today as it did in the early 00's. It doesn't help that it was shot on a video camera before the tech was mature(check out the 1 star reviews on Amazon from people not aware why the movie looks like shit in HD). If you didn't see it at the time then other movies in the genre with fast moving creatures might have taken shine off of it. As others said its the movie that actually rebooted the zombie genre by having an original take on societal collapse with a virus just taking out Great Britain alone. The movie ends up falling a part once they get to the soldiers mansion but its place will be cemented highly in the zombie genre.

I liked the remake of Dawn of the Dead. I don't really dig the fast zombies, but that was a good zombie movie in terms of the survival horror aspect.

For those who like a little bit of humor in their zombie flicks check out the Aussie film Wyrmwood. A German zombie movie that turned out to be surprisingly good is Rammbock: Berlin Undead.

There is another European zombie movie I had seen years ago but I don't remember the name of it. By the end of the movie it was later found out that the infection was spread by a meteor that crashed landed on earth and it was deliberately done so by an alien species looking to wipe human beings off the earth. It was okay for a one time watch and if you have nothing else to do but this thread made me think of it and it's bugging me that I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. FYI, it's definitely not LA Disaster or Night of the Comet.

First off, I'm a big time horror film fan, probably the biggest in this forum. .

Personally I believe the original Dawn of the Dead is the greatest zombie film of all time, (Train to Busan is also one of the greatest , especially if youre korean, youll get the social commentary, god damn what a beautiful film )especially with its dark filming , allegories and symbolism..

That being said, I encounter so many people who claim 28 days later to be the greatest zombie film of all time (let's set aside the debate of whether they were true zombies ).

I thought I missed something ...so I watched it again. ( and of course, I watch all horror films at night ). Again, I wasn't wowed like so many .

It's similar to Spider-Man 2, so many consider this to be one of the greatest comic book films ever...i disagree.

Tell me what I'm missing, why do you consider 28 days later to be one of the best of its genre .

All opinions welcome.

What youre missing is that it is a well told story but i would never say its the goat. But it is well directed and has a great story line, is different and has an amazing sound track

No judgement here. I cry at great movies, TV shows, music etc., all the time, if it is done really well.

And not in a wimpy or gay way, I cry like a really tough Italian guy might cry at the opera or something.

Or the way Clint Eastwood might cry, like standing in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier or some shit. One solitary tear, running down my stoic face. Nothing gay about it at all.

Hey btw, wanna fuck

Yes...and (yes homo)

28 Days Later made zombie movies cool again, and created a fresh angle for the genre. As for the film itself, parts of it are great(particularly the opening scene); other parts are pretty bland. The first hour or so is very good, but it usually falls apart for me once they're at the military base.

28 Days Later is a solid remake of Night of the Comet.

I'm not a horror buff but I recall 28 Days Later as being the first zombie flick where the goddamn zombies sprint after you. That's quite a horrifying thought when you compare it to earlier flicks where the zombie just lumbers in your general direction.

Now all zombie flicks have running zombies.

Wouldn't watch it again but it was alright until it began to suck.

All opinions welcome.

ok, please dont tell me what I consider to be the best in the genre. i never said it was, so dont assume so. The best for me is either "scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse" or "the quick and the undead." that said, i liked 28 days later well enough. in fact i should watch t again

ok, please dont tell me what I consider to be the best in the genre. i never said it was, so dont assume so. The best for me is either "scouts guide to the zombie apocalypse" or "the quick and the undead." that said, i liked 28 days later well enough. in fact i should watch t again

Whoa whoa whoa, I was just asking for a friendly conversation .

Didn't mean to offend homie

All opinions welcome.

Its an interesting take on the genre. Most of the genre the zombies are the worst villain. In this one, the survivors are the worst.

Back