Yair - “I'm not a f---ing joke.”

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"I want to be the f---ing best, and I will show it. I am confident. People around me, who have seen me train, they will tell you. I'm not a f---ing joke.”

“I couldn't handle the pressure. It exploded," Rodriguez said. "I was being really hard on myself. I was becoming crazy, honestly. It was weird stuff.”

"I wasn't listening to my coaches. I was getting mad at training. I thought I was right about certain stuff. I think during the process of growing and becoming a star, you just stop trusting a lot of people. I started putting myself in a bubble and it really affected me.”

—-

During UFC 223, Zabit called out Yair, and in a Twitter response, Yair somewhat declined the offer. I believe Yair will go down as a failed project because he doesn’t want to learn fundamentals and he tries to be way too flashy. He’ll be an fun fighter to watch but I don’t see him sticking around the Top 10 at 145 unless he changes his attitude about learning the basics.

Seems like he needs to get his head straight

Fighting zabit rn would be terrible for him — if he gets dominated could be career ending

Give him a rebound fight against someone like Bochniak and let him gather some momentum before

Zabit v Jury makes a lot of sense to me

Fighting zabit rn would be terrible for him — if he gets dominated could be career ending

Give him a rebound fight against someone like Bochniak and let him gather some momentum before

Bochniak is no joke either though- Homie is zombie-like tough.

I’m not even sure if he’d beat Bochniak. He’d be favored to win forsure, but I do think Bochniak can potentially beat him on a given night. He showed some grit against Zabit and if Zabs can’t finish him I don’t think Yair would.

Yair is also uncoachable from what I hear. He keeps switching camps left and right because he thinks these coaches are trying to ‘control him’ (his words), when in reality, they’re not trying to control him they’re just trying to get him to scale back on those low percentage flashy moves he keeps spamming.

This time around, he’s moving to Las Vegas to train at the UFC PI. His 4th or 5th camp switch.

Last edited:
That doesn’t sound too good, he’s not ready for Zabit.

I’m not even sure if he’d beat Bochniak. He’d be favored to win forsure, but I do think Bochniak can potentially beat him on a given night. He showed some grit against Zabit and if Zabs can’t finish him I don’t think Yair would.

If he can’t beat Bochniak he really has no place in top 25

Bochniak is no joke either though- Homie is zombie-like tough.

Yea this is probably not the type of fight he should return to not gonna lie.. Bochniak would probably break him if he fought like he did against Zabit.

Also he took his UFC debut on like 6 days notice, that's about as bad ass as you can get unless your name is Ragin Al.

So, young hotheads think too highly of themselves? I'm shocked.

Big fan of Yair's wild fighting style but jesus christ that boy was in love with himself.
He had to be brought down to earth sooner or later - humbled, as they say - but i'm not sure he's humbled yet, exactly, more so just nurturing a hurt ego.
And if he hasn't quite resolved his ego problems yet (a loss to) Zabit could literally crush him.

Seems Yair is at the proverbial crossroads: Either grow up and start the real struggle, or do something else.

IMO this guy is donezo. He will be cut from the UFC within 2 years.

Let Zabit get another showcase win against him

yair probably is like 15-20 ranked at 145. hes still green as hell and hasnt shown anything more then being a flashy striker - if you let him fight how he wants to. you saw what happened when a pressure guy like edgar did to him. flashy kickers get wrecked when you get inside. gotta have the basic boxing down

lets face it, UFC only pushed him because he's a good looking guy (no homo) who can talk on the mic and has a flashy style. They wish they could just extract Zabit's skills in a lab and put them into Yair.

damn Frankie kind of beat him to Bolivian. Dude is not the same

lets face it, UFC only pushed him because he's a good looking guy (no homo) who can talk on the mic and has a flashy style. They wish they could just extract Zabit's skills in a lab and put them into Yair.

He has a very flashy style which is very fun to watch( fili and penn fights as prime examples)

They also see him as the most marketable Mexican fighter — combo of style , personality , and looks

If he can’t beat Bochniak he really has no place in top 25

I disagree. Bochniak showed he's a solid fighter that can still progress and get better. With heart and a chin like that his is very formidable. You make him sound like he's not very good. TBH this fight should have also taken FOTN honors not Khabib's fight, Dana missed the boat again..

I disagree. Bochniak showed he's a solid fighter that can still progress and get better. With heart and a chin like that his is very formidable. You make him sound like he's not very good. TBH this fight should have also taken FOTN honors not Khabib's fight, Dana missed the boat again..

Seen him fight 4 times previously — doesn’t impress me at all and has a very limited ceiling — probably out of ufc within next 4 fights

Really should have been 1-3 in ufc coming in ( lost v barbzola )

His sole win was a horrible fight against Brandon Davis where he did a poor machida impression backpedaling most of the fight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back