Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Rocky V

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Rocky Balboa

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Creed

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
i'll have to see it now that its getting glowing endorsements here, although i woulda seen it anyway.

You're not gonna argue the plot points for 20 posts only to then reveal that you've never seen the movie?

You're not gonna argue the plot points for 20 posts only to then reveal that you've never seen the movie?

naw not this time, i'll see you in the other thread.

naw not this time, i'll see you in the other thread.

U and me were in agreement in the other thread.
I just thought it was hilarious when you said you still need to watch the fight.

I can't believe some people are saying that Cold War propaganda 1980's hack job, Rocky IV was TBE. Watch it again. It's 75% montages.

I can't believe some people are saying that Cold War propaganda 1980's hack job, Rocky IV was TBE. Watch it again. It's 75% montages.

you're kidding right, after the first two, the next three grew progressively cheesier and took on the air of just milking the cash cow rather than trying to make good movies. i also think sly's ego got the better of him, the roids and the rambo shit screwed his head up so he physically did look damn good. there were good points about all of them though, even the fifth one which may have been the weakest. three was great entertainment and drama but that's when it really jumped the shark, it didn't have the same feel and heart of the first two. balboa got back to that at least.

U and me were in agreement in the other thread.
I just thought it was hilarious when you said you still need to watch the fight.

laugh you chicken livered fuck, laugh

you're kidding right, after the first two, the next three grew progressively cheesier and took on the air of just milking the cash cow rather than trying to make good movies. i also think sly's ego got the better of him, the roids and the rambo shit screwed his head up so he physically did look damn good. there were good points about all of them though, even the fifth one which may have been the weakest. three was great entertainment and drama but that's when it really jumped the shark, it didn't have the same feel and heart of the first two. balboa got back to that at least.

No, re-read my post. I said it baffles me that so many people call it the best.

I was exaggeratig with the 75% number, but that got me curious so I googled:

Montage Overload: The Insanity of Rocky IV

A half hour of the movie is montage. 1/3 of the goddamn movie. Another 1/3 is fight scenes. So that just leaves 30 minutes actually dedicated to plot. Maybe thats the reason some people like it. You only need the attention span of a 4 year old to follow it.

And yeah, that fucking robot. WTF was that about?

[YT]vT2VygGgrSk[/YT]

No, re-read my post. I said it baffles me that so many people call it the best.

I was exaggeratig with the 75% number, but that got me curious so I googled:

Montage Overload: The Insanity of Rocky IV

A half hour of the movie is montage. 1/3 of the goddamn movie. Another 1/3 is fight scenes. So that just leaves 30 minutes actually dedicated to plot. Maybe thats the reason some people like it. You only need the attention span of a 4 year old to follow it.

And yeah, that fucking robot. WTF was that about?

[YT]vT2VygGgrSk[/YT]

That montage article was stupid.

EDIT: And gay.

1 and 2 are the best movies.. 3-4 are like action flicks.. 5 was more human but not on the same level as 1-2.. and 6 was human but unbelievable.. and just watched Creed... comes back down to earth and is more in line with 1-2...

I see Rocky and Rambo in the same way.. they went from these great stories to just pure action overload...

It was Rocky's ultimate test (like Ali vs. Foreman). It was the most fun and a great revenge story. It also had the best fight choreography of at least the first 5 movies.

I saw Rocky 2 with a bunch of Italian kids. They went nuts in the theatre as if it was a real fight. On their feet cheering. lol

Rocky 1
Rocky 2
Rocky 3/Balboa
Rocky 4

I will watch Creed.

Got to see Creed this weekend and I thought it was a great film. They put a lot of work into it. The boxing scenes were probably the best of any movie I've ever seen. Very authentic. Stallone has still got it. I'd put Creed right up there with the first movie.

Got to see Creed this weekend and I thought it was a great film. They put a lot of work into it. The boxing scenes were probably the best of any movie I've ever seen. Very authentic. Stallone has still got it. I'd put Creed right up there with the first movie.

So I know what you think are great fights in movies. Besides this one which ones do you like?

On the fence about seeing this movie. That's why I ask.

So I know what you think are great fights in movies. Besides this one which ones do you like?

On the fence about seeing this movie. That's why I ask.

How can you be on the fence about seeing a rocky movie lol? You're a boxing fan.

I can understand that some people wont like the movie but we should all be giving it a try, we kinda owe it the series.

Those films motivated me through plenty of schoolyard fights.

How can you be on the fence about seeing a rocky movie lol? You're a boxing fan.

I can understand that some people wont like the movie but we should all be giving it a try, we kinda owe it the series.

Those films motivated me through plenty of schoolyard fights.

I fell off after 5. I mean I will watch it but the fence part is more about the theaters and how much I'll spend there

Creed was wxcellennt, I have it up there with 1 and 2.

The fight scenes were well choreographed, and the script was well written...the chemistry between all the characters seemed genuine.

I wasn't even perturbed by the romance subplot. ..

All in all, I gave it a 8.5.

Rocky 1 is a 10/10 film.

And Manny pacquiao with jesus and sea water fucks up Mayweather

Creed was excellent. I love the entire series. 3-5 are dumb movies but I find them all totally watchable.

1. Rocky
2. Creed
3. Rocky III
4. Rocky II
5. Rocky Balboa
6. Rocky IV

Never seen Rocky V

Maybe because I'm not American, maybe because it was all montages or maybe it was because of having the most ridiculous fighting of all, but while I liked 4...its not great.

I love 3 because of the story of a protected champ Rocky losing the eye of the tiger and getting ktfo ..but getting it back, training to be a better fighter and coming back to son clubber in the rematch.

I also like 2 because Apollo is one of my favourite characters and this movie showed his character, he wanted to rematch rocky even though his team advised against it.

Back