Poll: Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

• Total voters
If we limit the conversation to things that members are actively involved in this place will get pretty boring pretty quick.

When addressing people as if they exist here, it's a good idea to make sure they actually exist here. I'm not saying let's limit the conversation to things we're all active in, but posting "See this is what you get liberals!" in a forum where they don't exist is like watching an old man shake his fist at the sky because he doesn't like the color orange.

Every thread denouncing "progressives" is worded like they're addressing the 50 liberal lesbians who post here. Only there isn't 1 of those here. It's a bit looney.

We move some statues of generals whose claim to was leading a slave obsessed rebel faction that lost and accomplished fuck all.

Naturally the next step is for a bunch of spazzes to get level 100000 triggered and lash out about a bunch random shit like this that has literally nothing to do with the anything nearly as heinous the systematic human trafficking, torture, work camps, murder, and cultural genocide that was the issue.

Relating what the slaves endured to the triggering you suffer by a statue of little fictional girl is the full embracent of being a snowflake. Impressive it was taken to this level.

@indrid - seeing
as you're from Europe maybe you can answer this, is Europe taking down its Nazi statues and changing their Nazi themed street names, or are they leaving them up for posterity?
It's also illegal to question the holocaust in some parts of Europe, so, yeah, let's be more like Europe.
Censorship and thought patrol FTW.

Today, it's statues. What's next? Literature? Music? This is creeping fascism.
Once we allow the feelings of a few to decide what's morally acceptable to think and hear and see, then we are no longer what the US is supposed to stand for.

The WW II memorial should removed from public view. All of these men fought to racially subjugate and imprison people of my heritage. I'm talking about the Japanese internment camps.

FDR did it. Eisenhower did it too. Their statues must be put into museums away from the public eye. The FDR monument needs to go to a museum.

I'm not serious -- I think deleting history is wrong.

Seems to me there are generally good rules of thumb to follow.

If the statues represent treasonous figures and they sit on public land, therefore taxpayer money is spent on maintaining them, move them to a museum. Same goes for confederate flags.

Leave the rest.

If the statues represent treasonous figures and they sit on public land, therefore taxpayer money is spent on maintaining them, move them to a museum. Same goes for confederate flags.

Leave the rest.

Translation = "CNN didn't tell me to agree with you on this, so I'm going to make an arbitrary distinction to show why my batshit insane idea(the media's idea that they fed me) is actually ok, and your logically equivalent idea is wrong."

Leave the rest.
I don't believe that the people calling for the removal of Confederate monuments will be appeased by their removal. They will be emboldened and they will find new targets.

I am watching this latest american hysteria about tearing down all sorts of statues. i see many arguments being thrown around for the removal of a lot of historical monuments in the US. Given that the are only a limited number of confederate statues to be torn down, i believe the force of this latest movement will reach other monuments as well, that might be seen as uncomfortable/triggering for certain people.

In this context, there are people that might argue that the Fearless Girl statue presents an unfair image of young girls, meaning thin, with facial characteristics that leave out a significant portion of the population, wearing clothers that are clearly derived from the oppressive patriarchal model, and, for the people that read books, conjures the picture of the Minotaur (the bull in front) in a threatening pose, maybe a metaphor for rape.

What do you guys think? i am an European, curios about your answers.
thanks.

28XP-GIRL-01p-master768.jpg
Thanks for undermining the real, legitimate argument for its removal.

The WW II memorial should removed from public view. All of these men fought to racially subjugate and imprison people of my heritage. I'm talking about the Japanese internment camps.

FDR did it. Eisenhower did it too. Their statues must be put into museums away from the public eye. The FDR monument needs to go to a museum.

Remind me, what was Eisenhower's involvement in Japanese internment camps?

Your people lost, get over it.

I don't believe that the people calling for the removal of Confederate monuments will be appeased by their removal. They will be emboldened and they will find new targets.
AL SHarpton already called for the removal of George Washington statues. SO yes, your prediction is already accurate.

Leave the rest.

Please shut up with the treason talk, it's played the fuck out. This whole thing started from the battle flag selfie of Dylan Roof. Its about slavery, not fucking treason allegations. The confederates were Americans and honestly, their fight for more states rights fit closer to what some of the founding fathers envisioned. So give it a rest.

It's one of the most juvenile comparisons I've ever seen, but that's typical of this poster iirc. The abuse of Japanese Americans was in a time of war against Japan, and lasted only for the war. Their unjust treatment was not sewn into the fabric of our institutions and our society for generations. If you can find even one monument to the act of interning Japanese Americans, which was built for the purpose of honoring our actions or reminding the Japanese of their place after the fact, I will tear it down with you.

I should remind you to read the last sentence
I did. I understand he's not serious. But his statement about FDR is true. Roosevelt was responsible for putting Japanese Americans into concentration camps. He also claimed that Eisenhower was invovled. That seems untrue to me and I was wondering if he had information of which I was ignorant.

It's one of the most juvenile comparisons I've ever seen, but that's typical of this poster iirc. The abuse of Japanese Americans was in a time of war against Japan, and lasted only for the war. Their unjust treatment was not sewn into the fabric of our institutions and our society for generations. If you can find even one monument to the act of interning Japanese Americans, which was built for the purpose of honoring our actions or reminding the Japanese of their place after the fact, I will tear it down with you.
The American flag represents Native American genocide.

Moronic arbitrary distinctions. So unjust treatment sewn into the fabric society must be taken into account now? Mental gymnastics at work.

Whats happening is that your ideology is based on the individuals perspective. Their is no truth or logic. It's how do you as individual think of something. It's frivolous and meaningless. You take it as self evident. Your own random opinion is not self evident.

The precedent this sets is that anything deemed offensive to anyone should be torn down, including society itself. The fact you can't see this is baffling. It's what you believe.

There should also be an option on the poll for stupid thread.

BTW - I am not for tearing down statues. What is next, burn all books that mention anything about confederates?

Burn all books. I get all my info from Instagram and Sherfront.

Moronic arbitrary distinctions. So unjust treatment sewn into the fabric society must be taken into account now? Mental gymnastics at work.

Whats happening is that your ideology is based on the individuals perspective. Their is no truth or logic. It's how do you as individual think of something. It's frivolous and meaningless. You take it as self evident. Your own random opinion is not self evident.
It's not arbitrary to distinguish between wartime oppression that lasted a few years based on national identity, and constant oppression that lasted centuries based on racial identity. That's almost the antonym of arbitrary.

I used both truth and logic to make the distinction. If you think it's meaningless, your thoughts lack meaning.

Back