Stipe Miocic vs. Francis N'Gannou - Heavyweight Title

He's lucky that Herb let him stall that much. He was literally doing the bare minimum possible to keep it from being stood. Ngannou wasn't going anywhere, he could barely stand up when the bell rang. I thought in that position he would let his hands go like he did and it would have been over much sooner.

He gassed for some reason. Id like to hear some thought about that in another thread but for now Stipe just made UFC history!

If you've beaten JDS and Bigfoot you've beaten all the guys Cain has fought.
Include Werdum (withdraw BF), and Stipe beat the guys Cain has suffered defeat at the hands of. Maybe Bigfoot has the blueprint on beating Stiopic.

Just now got your message... I was so stoked & wrapped up in the fight I didn't even check my notifications till now.

I called for Stipe. I been saying since this fight got announced that Stipe should play it smart. Pick his shots & use his wresting. I promise you I've been debating this with the Ngannou fanz this whole time. I'm a Ngannou fan too... but I just couldn't see him beating Stipe unless he just got that majic shot.

48687-1358175.png

I thought Stipe would ground him & finish him in the 1st... but whatever... Actually, he damn near did it. Ngannou is tough as f*ck. Stipe is tough as f*ck too cause he took some big shots from Ngannou in the 1st.

Last edited:
Stipe needs subtitles.
Moments like these have inspired me to become a certified CTE translator. Plenty of job security and high demand in a virtually untapped market <LucyBless>

I can't believe Stipe didn't do more with Francis against the cage. If he would have just put a little effort into working for an RNC or wailing on him like he did Hunt, could have saved himself at least 3 rounds.

I honestly think he was enjoying taking the soul from Ngannou for as long as possible.

That's gonna be a hard psychological loss to come back from. Stipe totally sonned him, and he seemed to enjoy emasculating him like that to punish Dana for not hyping him... Did you see how he took the belt from Dana?

Did you see the size disparity? Stalling? Stop.

What else do you call holding in position for minutes at time and throwing zero punches? Heh. I get it was smart strategy, but I think most refs would have stood them up several times during that match when Herb didn't.

Looking at UFC 221 card PPV model is done. New TV deal will abolish this bullshit. 221 is worst PPV card ever. This was top 5 worst. No more PPV after new TV deal, imo.

Don't forget Herb literally standing there doing nothing except clap his hands every minute or so. Hell, if that's all it takes to be an MMA ref these days then sign me up, it'll be the easiest money I ever made.
Herbs best days are years behind him.

Moments like these have inspired me to become a certified CTE translator. Plenty of job security and high demand in a virtually untapped market <LucyBless>

I'm not saying Stipe doesn't have CTE. But he's never been intelligible.

What else do you call holding in position for minutes at time and throwing zero punches? Heh. I get it was smart strategy, but I think most refs would have stood them up several times during that match when Herb didn't.
Ngannou was playing the grounded game. You do that shit and the ref aint gonna do you any favors. Home boy avoided about 30 knees to the face by getting stalled on.

Ok few things we learned about Ngannou tonight:

He is still very raw, and he doesn't have the top level TDD yet, he needs to work on his TDD a lot.. he would never be able to beat guys like Cain without having a very good TDD.

His cardio is not great but I didn't expect him to go 5 rounds and Stipe was quite tired himself.

He has a big heart, he didn't want to quit, he has many chances to quit and take the easy route out but he didn't... this was the one positive for him.

He should fight Black Beast next I think.. that would be a cool matchup

Back