Ohio GOP: Ban ALL Abortions Even in Cases of Rape, Incest, or Danger to Woman's Life

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Under a bill introduced Monday, HB 565, the state would prohibit abortions even in cases of rape, incest or danger to a woman's life.

The proposal would allow criminal charges-- including life imprisonment or the death penalty-- against both doctors and pregnant women seeking abortions and would characterize an "unborn human" as a person under Ohio's criminal code regarding homicide.

NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio criticized the proposal, calling it an obvious attempt to give the U.S. Supreme Court a chance to overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision providing the right to have an abortion.

"Anti-choice extremists from the Ohio Statehouse to the White House are lining up their dominoes to topple Roe v. Wade and punish those who seek or provide abortion care," said executive director Kellie Copeland in a press release.

The measure was sponsored by state Reps. Ron Hood and Nino Vitale, and 18 more House Republicans signed on.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...1551/ohio-gop-introduces-bill-to-ban-abortion

I realize that abortion is a touchy subject, but man, not even in cases or rape, incest, or danger to the woman's life?

What if someone is raped, and then complications to pregnancy are life threatening?

What about it conservatives? Are you cool with being raped carrying a potential death sentence to the victim?

The mix of identity politics and evangelicalism is making the GOP a party that no sane person can vote for.

Edit: Added Sources
“For those who doubt the seriousness of this attack, let me remind you that President Trump said that a woman who has an abortion should be punished, Vice President Pence allowed Purvi Patel to be imprisoned in Indiana for a miscarriage, and both GOP candidates for governor of Ohio have pledged to outlaw all abortions with no exceptions. What we are seeing today is the culmination of 45 years of maneuvering from anti-choice forces. What we do in this election and this legislative session could well determine the fate of Roe v. Wade for generations to come.”
https://prochoiceohio.org/2018/03/19/new-legislation-total-abortion-ban-ohio/

Related: Kasich's 20 Weeks Abortion Ban Already Makes No Exception for Rape or Incest
Ohio Governor John Kasich has put the U.S. one step closer to overturning Roe v. Wade. On Dec. 13, he signed a bill banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with no exceptions for victims of rape or incest. At the same time, Kasich vetoed a bill that would have banned abortions after six weeks and been a near wholesale ban on the procedure, since most women don’t even know they’re pregnant at that stage. The six-week ban, Kasich said, was “clearly contrary to the Supreme Court of the United States’ current rulings on abortion.”
The 20-week ban is, of course, also contrary to the Supreme Court’s current rulings on abortion. But for Kasich, the political popularity of 20-week bans overrides their illegality. And, importantly, a 20-week ban may be the vehicle abortion opponents need to impinge upon, or totally end, American women’s access to safe, legal abortion.
http://time.com/4608454/john-kasich-ohio-abortion-ban/

Last edited:
Bill will not pass. Some nutter introduced it - any elected nut can do that.

Wow. I can't say I agree with this. However, I do agree rapists should get the death penalty in some cases.

The GOP think women's bodies have a way to "shut that whole thing down" regarding pregnancy resulting from sexual assault.

They aren't the brightest bunch.

It's already unconstitutional so good luck with that, and apologies to the taxpayers.

Idiots, all of them idiots. One would have to think this is yet another empty throw away gesture meant for posturing to ultra-conservative voters because it certainly doesn't have a chance in hell of standing up to legal challenge even if it by some miracle was actually passed.

Idiots, all of them idiots. One would have to think this is yet another empty throw away gesture meant for posturing to ultra-conservative voters because it certainly doesn't have a chance in hell of standing up to legal challenge even if it by some miracle was actually passed.

They're trying to get it to the SCOTUS so Gorsuch and Co. can strike down Roe v. Wade. That's why Republicans pass blatantly unconstitutional shit over and over again.

Guns, weed, and now abortions? Fuck, I really am sick of winning guys.

They're trying to get it to the SCOTUS so Gorsuch and Co. can strike down Roe v. Wade. That's why Republicans pass blatantly unconstitutional shit over and over again.
SCOTUS will not strike down Roe vs Wade.

I'll be honest, I believe life begins when the heart starts beating. However, I believe the choice of how you deal with the situation is up to you. It's not my place to put moral chains on your behavior, that's up to your own conscience on how to handle the issue.

We as a society butt into each others business entirely too much. For supposedly being a free society we seem awfully willing to want to place constraints on those around us. What they say, How they act, etc and we seem more willing every day to accept that fact and consider it just.

Imo, this is probably an attempt to force Kasich's hand. I think he's vetoed similar legislation in the past.

I think the backlash of something like this being upheld by the SCOTUS would cause a tsunami-like backlash. I could be wrong.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...1551/ohio-gop-introduces-bill-to-ban-abortion

I realize that abortion is a touchy subject, but man, not even in cases or rape, incest, or danger to the woman's life?

What if someone is raped, and then complications to pregnancy are life threatening?

What about it conservatives? Are you cool with being raped carrying a potential death sentence to the victim?

The mix of identity politics and Evangelicalism is making the GOP a party that no sane person can vote for.

I am a leftist but also Pro-Life. This bill though is going too far. While I am against Abortion, I wouldn't ban it. And I am not against it in the case of rape,incest, severe deformity of the child (ascertained early on). I think Abortion is morally repugnant if the foetus has a heart ,which is slightly before a functioning brain.

Guns, weed, and now abortions? Fuck, I really am sick of winning guys.

Yeah it seems like both sides want to take away shit. It's going to take people like us to reach across the aisle, as in pass the tater and talk it out. ;)

Imo, this is probably an attempt to force Kasich's hand. I think he's vetoed similar legislation in the past.

Kasich wants to bring Ohio laws right up to the legal limit of Roe v Wade. He thinks he can win legal challenges on a 20 week ban and selective abortions based things like Down Syndrome.

These guys want to challenege Roe V Wade in court like @Falsedawn said.

Disgusting. Even 3rd world 2nd world countries not this far.

I disagree radical feminism but men tellin women what to do with something taking life from then inside if it from rape or she is 13 is just sick.

Yeah it seems like both sides want to take away shit. It's going to take people like us to reach across the aisle, as in pass the tater and talk it out. ;)
We should probably roll more than 1 to be safe :D I volunteer to put the first one in rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back