Filipino Food, A question...

Lmao. disgusting because it's from a 3rd world country... you sound dumb
I've posted this before, but Filipino food gets a bad rap because Filipinos are always promoting it to be awesome....and it's just meh. It's a nationalistic pride thing and humility would help A LOT.

I remember on TUF with Philipe Nover being so proud of Filipino food and trying to promote it on a world stage. Nobody really cares. Filipinos get too excited about their culture and IMO if they were more low key with the nationalism (which has actually gotten worse lately) they would be more well-received by the rest of the world. /rant lol

And you sound poor. Lmao.
yOu sOuNd pOoR

- fatty unhealthy american fatass

282C0CB400000578-3062175-image-a-11_1430409171384.jpg

I've posted this before, but Filipino food gets a bad rap because Filipinos are always promoting it to be awesome....and it's just meh. It's a nationalistic pride thing and humility would help A LOT.

I remember on TUF with Philipe Nover being so proud of Filipino food and trying to promote it on a world stage. Nobody really cares. Filipinos get too excited about their culture and IMO if they were more low key with the nationalism (which has actually gotten worse lately) they would be more well-received by the rest of the world. /rant lol
I agree with everything you said

And youtubers exploit it. Wanna get a quick million hits? Try filipino food as a tourist/foreigner.

And youtubers exploit it. Wanna get a quick million hits? Try filipino food as a tourist/foreigner.
Exactly....pandering to Filipinos will get you everywhere. Nobody should ever know who Travis Kraft is.

What are people perception of Filipino food? Why hasn't it caught on the way other Asian cuisines has in the US?

Andrew Zimmern has mentioned that he believes Filipino cuisine is the next big thing for the US food scene. Having grown up eating Filipino dishes and believing that it does have a lot to offer I don't see this happening.

As much as I love my culture's food it's not the most sophisticated cuisine. I liken it to soul food of the south. It's comfort food. I noticed many restaurants trying to "elevate" it by trying to make it fancy food. I think this is the wrong approach. It's not meant to be eaten this way. To truly elevate a filipino dish, all that's truly needed would be to use the best ingredients possible.
Crispy Pata is the tits!!!!!!!!

Got two coming from the butcher Thursday, I’ll be making them Thursday letting them rest Friday, fry them Saturday and eat them for dinner!!! Rice w garlic, sautéed pea shoots and and spicy soy vinegar ginger garlic sauce!!! Will post pics for sure

Got two coming from the butcher Thursday, I’ll be making them Thursday letting them rest Friday, fry them Saturday and eat them for dinner!!! Rice w garlic, sautéed pea shoots and and spicy soy vinegar ginger garlic sauce!!! Will post pics for sure
Sweet! Summer time coming to Philippines! School year is done...time to party. Weirdly enough, fiestas will begin once summer is over and the school year begins.

{<huh}

That's how Koreans are with their food. They try very hard to promote their food to the rest of the world not realizing maybe spicy fermented cabbage isn't very appealing to most people. I like Korean food because I grew up with it but from an outside perspective, it's not as refined and there are far better places for food in Asia. That's the same feeling I got about the Philippines. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't mind blowing like Vietnam or Japan.

You can always buy "Boneless Bangus" instead. Less effort to prepare, and you can eat way better!
That's like canned food? i see the boneless bangus promoted on tv. i dont know. I hate all boned foods, and my wife loves that shit. We try to buy lapu-lapu, as it's much easier to disect, but I fecked up at the eatery and bought bangus.

That's how Koreans are with their food. They try very hard to promote their food to the rest of the world not realizing maybe spicy fermented cabbage isn't very appealing to most people. I like Korean food because I grew up with it but from an outside perspective, it's not as refined and there are far better places for food in Asia. That's the same feeling I got about the Philippines. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't mind blowing like Vietnam or Japan.
ha...I'm trying to get into Korean food, but like you say, it's something that locals appreciate best. Korean restos are blowing up here in Cebu. I had some banchan recently, and honestly it was just very cold, salty, and bitter. lol

ha...I'm trying to get into Korean food, but like you say, it's something that locals appreciate best. Korean restos are blowing up here in Cebu. I had some banchan recently, and honestly it was just very cold, salty, and bitter. lol

Westerners here joke that Korean food is basically various vegetables or meat smothered in spicy sauce, salt, or soy sauce. And it's kind of true.
I met a Korean who said she got sick of food in Vietnam because it was basically all the same shit, I had to laugh in her face.

Back