Far east - why we haven't fighters from there?

I think a ton of it is the general Asian attitude toward anything not TAM. I know a few Asian people that claim that TAM guys would wreck every MMA fighter, that the promotions won't accept Asian fighters because of this, MMA is not honorable so they don't want to fight in those orgs, MMA is all fixed like pro-wrestling, blah blah blah.

More TMA, less MMA, there. Dojos and Olympics.

In China, Japan, Korea Thailand martial arts are very popular. Karate, aikido, judo teakwondo etc.

In my opinion Asia is a center of martial arts.

Why we have only few good fighters in the UFC? White and black guys are better in fighting or something like that? In west we have better fighting style like boxing, wrestling etc?
There are tons of talented fighters from this part of the world, but they all fight for ONE, Rizin, Road FC etc.

MMA isn't actually popular at all right now in those areas with the exception of Japan and even then it's still quite niche.
ONE Championship routinely has big, successful shows all over Southeast Asia.

The last China event the UFC had showed off some promising asian talent, for what that's worth.

Give it sometime,plus (from my readings)- " pro wrestling " is like a major staple over there but the one thing I 1000 % agree with Dana is that the real deal is in a man's DNA--- again, give sometime

Well I mean they also have rizin and one over there that are mostly Asian fighters. But yeah it seems weird there's so few I mean there's really only Choi, jingliang, okami, and kz that I can think of that anyone knows about

Why aren’t Far East Asians dying to get UFC’s entry level $10k+$10k salary?

It can almost cover the air fare, training and lodging to fly and get booed repeatedly on the undercard

Sorry bad day

In the UFC your featherweight fighters are cutting from like 165lbs and can be freaking 5ft 10.
Still too small. Holloway is 5'11, Zabit is 6'1.5", and Ortega looks bigger than 165lbs.

Why aren’t Far East Asians dying to get UFC’s entry level $10k+$10k salary?

It can almost cover the air fare, training and lodging to fly and get booed repeatedly on the undercard

Sorry bad day

Does the UFC still do this? Make foreign fighters pay to fly their teams out?

In China, Japan, Korea Thailand martial arts are very popular. Karate, aikido, judo teakwondo etc.

In my opinion Asia is a center of martial arts.

Why we have only few good fighters in the UFC? White and black guys are better in fighting or something like that? In west we have better fighting style like boxing, wrestling etc?
Just off the top of my head, I would guess it has to do with how their culture values the martial arts. They are more idealists than pragmatists on the whole when it comes to fighting. Most martial arts came from the east so they are more married to the art aspect and maintaining its purity as a holistic philosophy and not as merely a way to kick ass. Those of this persuasion probably think MMA is anathema.

is this what it is? I always felt like asian fighters always had really suspect chins, maybe a genetic thing

they may have an "okay" streak, but once they fight elite talent they always seem to get KO'd

exception Korean Zombie

does anyone remember Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshida? Yoshida was like 11-3 and going up against Rumble looked like it was the biggest mismatch in the history of the sport

Fuck yeah I remember that. Yoshiyuki Yoshida? Anthony Johnson was always a light-heavyweight. Hell, looking at him lately he's a bonafide heavyweight.

A lot of the asian fighters are mainly sticking to the Ozzie, Japan, China and Singapore cards. I don't know why they don't attend more US events. I'd think it would be easier fliyng from Japan to US as opposed to Western Europe to US.

Oh like depression and suicide?

Nah, like academic and economic success.

rich-kid-asian-boy-u-s-dollar-bank-notes-31512783.jpg

Does the UFC still do this? Make foreign fighters pay to fly their teams out?

joe lauzon gave an interview in 2016 regarding travel expenses. not sure if this applies to all fighters, but i imagine it does.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/joe-lauzon/joe-lauzon-breaks-costs-traveling-ufc-fight/

a few excerpts:

“UFC PAYS FOR TWO FLIGHTS,” HE EXPLAINED. “FIGHTER + 1 CORNER IN MOST CASES."

“THEY UFC PAYS FOR ONE HOTEL ROOM."

“THE UFC GOES GIVE PER DIEM FOR FOOD. I THINK ITS LIKE $600 FOR THE WEEK. I THINK ITS CONSIDERED $50/DAY FOR 6 DAYS, FOR 2 PEOPLE.”

Back