Live: UFC 229 Press Conference - Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov - 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

Maybe they need some temporary deputies.

Think of the power!

powerdemotivator.jpg

Conor was playing with fire when he asked "why don't you drink" because he knows full well why Khabib doesn't drink lol.

34 pages for a press conference? The fuck? You motherfuckers are more wrestling fans than fight fans.

Care to eloborate? This is just my opinion
Dude was literally laughing for like a third of the presser and you think he was "about to cry" lmao. It's just absolute nonsense, I legit don't know what presser you watched.

Conor is one of the best trash talkers in sports history. Part of the reason why is because he points out his opponent's insecurities. When he "gets in your head," it's because you realize that he knows all of your flaws. He was right that Eddie was gifted the LW championship and Eddie knew it. He was right that Aldo was stiff and Aldo knew it.

He never commented on Khabib's actual fighting weaknesses because he doesn't see any.

Conor is going to lose and he knows it.

But good on him for hyping the fight anyway. It takes a brave man to march passionately and knowingly to his own grave.

Jesus is demoted in Islam faith to "just a prophet" Jesus is the messiah in Christian faith. Meaning son of God, only way to heaven and total salvation is through Jesus Christ. Big difference.
It's all made up, so there are some similarities...

Jesus that was boring.

I remember why I rarely watch these things.

Conor is one of the best trash talkers in sports history. Part of the reason why is because he points out his opponent's insecurities. When he "gets in your head," it's because you realize that he knows all of your flaws. He was right that Eddie was gifted the LW championship and Eddie knew it. He was right that Aldo was stiff and Aldo knew it.

He never commented on Khabib's actual fighting weaknesses because he doesn't see any.

Conor is going to lose and he knows it.

But good on him for hyping the fight anyway. It takes a brave man to march passionately and knowingly to his own grave.
I think "Glass chin" was probably a hidden reference to some Khabib's striking exchanges, where he got hit clean.

I think "Glass chin" was probably a hidden reference to some Khabib's striking exchanges, where he got hit clean.

Nah, that's a stock insult. He did bring up saying he knew Khabib got wobbled in training, but then he started talking about Khabib's brother getting KO'd stiff. If Conor really thought Khabib had a glass chin, that woulda been the focus of his trash talk. Like how he kept talking about Mayweather being small and brittle. It came up over and over again. Or Aldo being stiff. Repetition and specificity are how you plant doubt in an opponent's mind. Conor came prepared with facts about Ali's abandoned son, but he didn't say when or by whom Khabib was rocked.

Not a good sign.

I almost forgot how fucking annoying conor is. Still the same coked up motormouth attention whore as always. Cringey shit, ugh.

Khabib looked significantly bigger in the staredown, he's gonna rag doll conor.

Khabib is boring. Conor brought the entertainment.

You've been yellow since birth China doll now quit bitching imo

Did some bald mod get you? I figured it was only a matter of time

Got carded for posting a Hitler shoop and came close to killing myself again thank you very much.

Got carded for posting a Hitler shoop and came close to killing myself again thank you very much.

Damn imo

The martyr we need but not the martyr we deserve imo

Good call on not going through with it imo

Well, what an odd spectacle that was. Were this a movie, the scene of that presser (in the second act, natch) would foreshadow Conor's defeat, since it would show how money, fame, booze, and coke had distracted him from his True Love Of Fighting. They would then rematch in the third act, and Conor, now humbled and focused, would defeat Khabib.

But this is real life, so who knows? Conor did not look good, though.

What occurred to me, and I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, (it's a long thread) is that Conor may have been so wired and odd, not just from being drunk and/or coked up, but because Khabib may be the first of his opponents he genuinely hates. Of all the bombastic yammering, he looked pretty serious when personally insulting Khabib. It made him look a little unhinged.

Also, not sure that running down the Jameson people was a good way to promote your own brand-new Irish whiskey. But I guess we'll see.

What a dull conference; these things are way better with a crowd involved

Back