What the Democrats are going to get up to next.

Democrats are NUTS :

Now that they're set to assume control of the House, there are at least 85 topics that Democrats have said they'd target — or are expected to target — in the forthcoming torrent of investigations and subpoenas to be directed at the Trump White House, according to Axios' reporting and analysis of members' public comments.

Between the lines: Don‘t expect everything all at once. Incoming House Intel Committee Chair Adam Schiff told "Axios on HBO" that each committee plans to prioritize what they view as the most pressing topics, which he says range from Trump's potential business dealings with Russia to where things currently stand with North Korea.

Jonathan Swan wrote in August that Republicans had already catalogued numerous oversight targets that Democrats had signaled, including:

President Trump’s tax returns

Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution's emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization

Trump's dealings with Russia, including the president's preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin

The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels

James Comey's firing

Trump's firing of U.S. attorneys

Trump's proposed transgender ban for the military

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's business dealings

White House staff's personal email use

Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks

Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago

Jared Kushner's ethics law compliance

Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors

The travel ban

Family separation policy

Hurricane response in Puerto Rico

Election security and hacking attempts

White House security clearances

And on Sunday night's "Axios on HBO," Schiff said that he wants to investigate Trump's targeting of the press — namely, The Washington Post and CNN.

And Rep. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.), the incoming House Appropriations chair, said she'd like to investigate Trump's decision to initiate the Space Force — among a slew of topics already on Swan's list.

Worth noting: The House Oversight Committee had already blocked 64 subpoena requests submitted by Democrats as of September. Here's that list, minus those with target s outside the Trump administration.

Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services Withholding Documents on Trump Administration Child Separation Policy

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross Withholding Testimony on Census 2020 Citizenship Question

Department of Veterans Affairs Withholding Documents Relating to Reports that Mar-a-Lago Members Influencing Department Decisions

White House Withholding Report and Documents on Security Clearance Process Required by Law

White House Withholding Documents on Revocation of John Brennan Security Clearance

White House Withholding Documents on John Bolton Security Clearance

State Department Withholding Documents on Retaliation

Office of Personnel Management Refusing to Provide Briefing on Complying with Court Order

Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Withholding Documents on Medicaid Work Requirements

Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Withholding Documents on Scrubbing of Department Websites

State Department Withholding Documents on Decision to Close Cyber Office

Director of National Intelligence Testifying Before the Oversight Committee on the extent of the Russian Threat to Our Country and Our Elections.

Department of Justice Withholding Documents About Refusal to Defend the Affordable Care Act in Court

White House Withholding Documents on Contractor Wanted for Attempted Murder

State Department Withholding Documents on Political Loyalty Lists

Department of Health and Human Services Withholding Documents on Title X Family Planning Program Proposed Gag Rule

Environmental Protection Agency Withholding Documents on Freedom of Information Act

Steve Bannon Testifying Before the Oversight and Judiciary Committees About His Involvement with Law Enforcement Actions Before, During, and After the 2016 Election

Commerce Department and Census Bureau Withholding Documents on Citizenship Question

Department of Justice Withholding Documents on Request to Add Citizenship Question to Census

Department of Justice Withholding Documents on Politicized Hiring Allegations for Immigration Judges

Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice Withholding Documents on Gag Order Against Whistleblowers

White House Withholding Information on Chartered Flights

White House Withholding Documents on Use of Private Email Accounts

Department of Justice Withholding Documents on Improper Attempt to Classify Dana Boente Notes

State Department and White House Withholding Documents and Testimony on “Cleaning” Out of Career Employees

White House Withholding Documents on Rejected Security Clearance Application for NSC Deputy Robin Townley

Department of Health and Human Services Withholding Documents on Effort to Strip Information from Women’s Health Website

John M. Gore, the Acting Head of the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division, Testifying About the Trump Administration’s Decision to Add a Citizenship Question to the 2020 Census.

White House Withholding Documents on Security Clearances

DHS Withholding Documents on Contract for Emergency Meals

White House Withholding Information on Deadly Niger Ambush

CBP Withholding Documents on Allegations of Sexual Assault by CBP Employees

Agencies Withholding Identities of Regulatory Reform Task Force Members

DOD Withholding Documents on Federal Response to Hurricanes

HHS Withholding Documents on Collaboration with Right-Wing Group to Rescind Medicaid Freedom-of-Choice Letter

DOI Withholding Documents on Reassignment of Employees

DOJ Withholding Documents on Communications with White House on AT&T Time-Warner Merger

Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration Withholding Response to Complaint

USDA Withholding Documents on Communications with Corporate Lobbyists

Trump Foundation Withholding Documents on Transfer of Assets to a Disqualified Person

Jared Kushner for Testimony at Emergency Hearing on Conflicts of Interest and Security Clearances

Trump Organization Withholding Documents on Foreign Payments

DHS Withholding Documents on Russian Attacks Against States Before Election

DHS Withholding Information from IG Report on Trump Muslim Ban

White House and HHS Withholding Documents on Biased Refugee Report

HHS Withholding Documents on Gag Order Against Whistleblowers

Kushner Withholding Emails That Violate Presidential Records Act

White House Withholding Documents on Security Clearance Suspensions

Transition Team and DOJ Withholding Flynn, Jr.’s Security Clearance Documents

White House Withholding Documents on Interim Security Clearances

Flynn and Business Partners Withholding Documents on Middle East Nuclear Deal

OMB Withholding Agency Downsizing Plans

FDIC Withholding Documents on EPA Senior Advisor Banned from Banking

White House Withholding Documents on Flynn’s Foreign Contacts

White House Withholding Documents on Personal Email Use by Top Aides

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump Withholding Documents on Emails

White House Withholding Documents on Hurricane Response

Kushner Companies Withholding Documents on Alleged Housing Abuses

Other potential investigations

The findings so far of the Mueller investigation, which some House Democrats believe had been obstructed by prior House Intel leaders. (Washington Post)

Trump's use of pardon power. (Washington Post)

The sudden change in plans to construct a new FBI headquarters. (ABC)

Trump's involvement in hush payments to women alleging affairs. (WSJ)

The firing of Jeff Sessions and the appointment of Matt Whitaker as acting Attorney General. (ABC)

The White House's alleged stifling of the FBI investigation into sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh. (ABC)

The Interior Department's decision to expand mining and drilling on federal lands and what role industry played. (USA Today)

Allegations that Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke threatened Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) with negative energy and public land policies after she voted against repealing Obamacare. (Politico)

Zinke's exempting of Florida from offshore drilling as a possible political favor to Gov. Rick Scott. (Politico)

Zinke's removal of references to humans' role in climate change from agency reports. (Politico)

Violations of the Hatch Act stemming from Zinke's appearance at a fundraiser while on an official trip. (Politico)

The EPA's siding with special interests on matters of public health. (The Hill)

Trump's politicization of the military. (AP)

Lack of consistent policy for civilian casualties. (AP)

Profitability of the Trump International Hotel in Washington and whether it's being used to violate the emoluments clause. (AP)

Administration policies on domestic terrorism. (AP)

Relaxing of regulations for for-profit colleges and limiting of student loan forgiveness. (WashPost)

Department of Education's rollback of Obama-era rules that expanded transgender students' access to school facilities. (Education Week)

https://www.axios.com/2018-midterm-...ons-6bcfabb1-f1b2-49ce-8014-3e9b0c30db6c.html

>>> Get ready for the worse 2 years in this country's history. Nothing good will come out of the next 2 year poolitical cycle.

NOTHING.
(except in the Judiciary)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-have-just-assured-trumps-re-election-in-2020

Dude. We get it. Hillary Clinton was the best candidate ever and we're all a bunch of sexist Fascists for not voting for her.

Serious question, what war crimes has she committed? If all over m going to get is this whinny babble, please stfu and leave this thread. I didn't ask if she was the best candidate, i asked what war crimes was she guilty of.

What crimes exactly?

I'm not being partisan here, but if we had a DOJ, IRS and FBI worth a damn I have hard time believing that HRC would get away clean from a full and thorough investigation of her campaign, the Clinton Foundation, the haiti relief efforts, her relationships (pay for play) with major donors for "speeches", her time as Sec and efforts meddling in the ME, so on and so on.

FWIW I'm one of the people who think half of the Bush JR White House should have went down for war crimes.

If we actually enforced our laws, a lot of politicians would hang for treason, or see extended prison sentences.

Probably fake a Mars landing.
Nah, probably go to mars so they can get back to pizza gate in earnest without Republicans on their back for all the pedo work getting done.

In reality, Trump's life is going to get super shitty now that he actually has to deal with oversight. Should be a blast to watch.

Serious question, what war crimes has she committed? If all over m going to get is this whinny babble, please stfu and leave this thread. I didn't ask if she was the best candidate, i asked what war crimes was she guilty of.

Many people consider her expansion of the drone program and it's use in targeting civilian populations as a war crime. Her spearheading of our totally unneccessary and profit driven "intervention" in Libya, and her total apathy at abandoning it to Jihadis, whom she had helped arm and organize knowing they were Anti Western Jihadis in the first place, and then unleashing them on Ghaddafi, in a country we hadn't had a problem with in 30 years, is largely considered a war crime by many people. Her handling of her email server is just a regular old crime, and would have landed a normal person in prison. (in before "lol, Hillary's Emails, OMG, lol")

I'm not being partisan here, but if we had a DOJ, IRS and FBI worth a damn I have hard time believing that HRC would get away clean from a full and thorough investigation of her campaign, the Clinton Foundation, the haiti relief efforts, her relationships (pay for play) with major donors for "speeches", her time as Sec and efforts meddling in the ME, so on and so on.

FWIW I'm one of the people who think half of the Bush JR White House should have went down for war crimes.

If we actually enforced our laws, a lot of politicians would hang for treason, or see extended prison sentences.

Trump campaigned on doing all the shit you just said.

Why didn't he do it?

Could it be that there was nothing there to begin with?

<TheWire1>

Nah, probably go to mars so they can get back to pizza gate in earnest without Republicans on their back for all the pedo work getting done.

In reality, Trump's life is going to get super shitty now that he actually has to deal with oversight. Should be a blast to watch.

It's nice to have fantasies.

Why didn't he do it?

<TheWire1>

Or, you know, it could be that the previous administration, of which she was a part, were already involved in looking into the "Russia investigation" prior to Trump even taking office, and that it has literally dominated the nightly news cycle for two years now while leading to nothing of real significance other than the FBI agent in charge of the investigation being fired for open Partisanship. I can't imagine why he hasn't gotten around to it. But don't let little things like facts and reality get in the way of your naturally shit argument.

Last edited:
My guess is they'll create 10 new genders to bring the total to 80.

Or, you know, it could be that the previous administration, of which she was a part, were already involved in looking into the "Russia investigation" prior to Trump even taking office, and that it has literally dominated the nightly news cycle for two years now while leading to nothing of real significance other than the FBI agent in charge of the investigation being fired for open Partisanship I can't imagine why he hasn't gotten around to it. But don't let little things like facts and reality get in the way of your naturally shit argument.

What else would you expect from someone who is Anti-Trump yet has Mike Tyson(a Trump supporter) as his avy? Shit arguments are the norm here. :D

I expect them to fuck with Trump and the republicans any way the can.

They will disrupt and stop anything the other side wants to do the best they can.

I don't expect any compromise unless force into it and they have no choice .

And when and if they get a democrats in the white house I expect the republicans to do the same or better. They left wants to raise the bar I expect the right to meet and push it more.

It's pretty obvious Michelle Obama is gearing up to run in 2020

I do wish they'd turn the other cheek, but that's why I'd get eaten alive in politics.

You guys call people a wide assortment of shit insults. Trolling is all you guys have to offer, asides from apathy. I doubt your ability to keep attention for an entire paragraph.....

Wanna address the blatant hypocrisy of your side on this issue?
It’s too bad you cannot make it through a post without an insult.

You want me to address ‘a skeleton crew robbers’ and some such?

Why didn't he do it?

<TheWire1>

Could it be that there is pushback from parties vested in protecting one of the most powerful and well connected families in modern times? It's not like that's not something that happens in politics...

<TheWire1>

Or maybe, you know, he was just saying shit to get votes, you know, like a politician...

<TheWire1>

This reads like a fifth grade "I know you are but what am I" post

Back