Media Ciryl Gane trains with 23-2 GLORY Kickboxer Imad Hadar

Will this help Gane to prepare for Jones?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Ciryl Gane also worked with GLORY LHW Donegi Abena leading up to the Francis Ngannou fight

I watched Donegi Abena get crowned LHW-champion last weekend at GLORY 83 together with @TacticalTijs
While I really didn't agree with the referee's decision to stop the fight in R4 due to a shin cut suffered by Sergej Maslobojev, Donegi Abena can now call himself GLORY champion of the world

upload_2023-2-17_15-44-35.jpeg

I do not see any additional benefit to focusing on striking. He is a better striker than Jones hands down what he needs to worry about is the clinch grappling and takedowns and grappling on the floor.

Although it is possible he could win like Izzy does with distance, speed and avoiding the wrestling that way.

Last edited:
The more I think about this fight, the more I lean towards one of them winning. My guess is that Gane has the advantage standing, and Jones has the advantage in wrestling. It's mindblowing to me that no one has talked about this before.

The more I think about this fight, the more I lean towards one of them winning. My guess is that Gane has the advantage standing, and Jones has the advantage in wrestling. It's mindblowing to me that no one has talked about this before.
That's a bold take bro, but I'm sure you've got the arguments to back it up. I'm with you.

Ciryl Gane also worked with GLORY LHW Donegi Abena leading up to the Francis Ngannou fight

I watched Donegi Abena get crowned LHW-champion last weekend at GLORY 83 together with @TacticalTijs
While I really didn't agree with the referee's decision to stop the fight in R4 due to a shin cut suffered by Sergej Maslobojev, Donegi Abena can now call himself GLORY champion of the world

upload_2023-2-17_15-44-35-jpeg.969199

Instead of working with so many other bum fighters, Gane should just train with @BoxerMaurits. A true Sherdogger is bigger challenge than any of those human cawkfighting D level athletes, Jon Jones included

That's a bold take bro, but I'm sure you've got the arguments to back it up. I'm with you.

To me, Jones is one of the best ever to do this, I call it "being one of the GOAT's" (greatest of all times).

Gane however is first and foremost a striker, and he has looked good while striking, while Jones has also looked pretty good while striking, but maybe not to the extend that Gane has.

But here's the thing: Gane isn't much of a wrestler, and Jones is probably gonna want to take the fight to the ground, and if he does, Gane is gonna be at a disadvantage.

This is just my opinion though!

Instead of working with so many other bum fighters, Gane should just train with @BoxerMaurits. A true Sherdogger is bigger challenge than any of those human cawkfighting D level athletes, Jon Jones included
He can always call me hahah. Someone contact Fernand Lopez right now and send him this footage from the Overeem training session:

Don’t mind my kicks and knees lol
I’m a boxer and the exercises were all kickboxing combo’s:D
https://share.icloud.com/photos/076o66EUT4z1HBCGGiF7BC2vw

This pad session was with Reem’s manager.
A very nice guy with a ton of fighting-knowledge:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b2JWmBW0oyvvjkHeBExbHHJQ

Back