Media Ciryl Gane trains with 23-2 GLORY Kickboxer Imad Hadar

Will this help Gane to prepare for Jones?

• Total voters
Yeah, Chechnya too IIRC. As an aside, @BoxerMaurits clued me in that one of his current training partners is Shamil Gaziev. Undefeated (as a pro) Russian guy with loads of finishes, scheduled to face Darko Stosic on a BRAVE card tomorrow. Had a solid amateur record, too.

EDIT: Watched a couple of his fights on YouTube. Looks like a heavy-handed wrestle-boxer. Hits hard, uses a lot of clinch work & dirty boxing, and isn't afraid to take guys down and beat them up on the mat.
Yeah Gaziev looks good and is definitely a good addition to his camp, and Gane said he also trained with some BJJ-champion.
He should be well prepared everywere

0-2 in Glory, hasn’t fought in Glory since 2020.

This dude is a clout chasing Glory shill.

0-2 in Glory, hasn’t fought in Glory since 2020.

This dude is a clout chasing Glory shill.
Like we all pointed out, Imad Hadar has time and the guy is talented. Also, those 2 GLORY losses weren’t “legitimate” losses for the young Moroccan and there’s a story behind those 2 losses
“if he keeps his head in the game.” That’s an important part you don’t mention here.
That’s no guarantee with these young yet popular kickboxers, I know, but he’s a special fighter.
His GLORY debut at 19 years old came too soon against a game opponent in Freddy Kemayo. I can look past that though (while hoping he takes his second GLORY-run very serious)

Kickboxing losses aren't like boxing losses or even MMA ones.

Losses, especially for young prospects Imad, are viewed as temporary signs that a prospect has not yet reached a certain level. They aren't viewed as permanent indications that a prospect will never reach a certain level.

Also 22 imo is too young in nearly every case to be competitive, while staying natural, against elite kickboxers in the upper weight classes (MW+). Imad is an elite kickboxer no question.

You should laugh at your own ignorance. He was 19 year old at that time and he was destroying both of those fighters before shit happened. First fight was lost by a freak injury where he broke his hand and could not continue.

Like we all pointed out, Imad Hadar has time and the guy is talented. Also, those 2 GLORY losses weren’t legitimate losses for the young Moroccan and there’s a story behind those 2 losses

Not real losses, what are you taking about?
Kemayo dropped him like 4 times with head and body shots and won by TKO.

Hadr is also so fragile he can’t throw punches without getting injured.

Gane is playing paddy cake with him in their sparring because he knows how soft he is.

Still hasn’t fought in 3 years, and his record is padded with regional bums. And you’re still a Glory shill.

The real tragedy is if (when) Jones breezes thru cereal, the narrative will be how “terrible” cereal is, rather than how grate jon is.

To me, Jones is one of the best ever to do this, I call it "being one of the GOAT's" (greatest of all times).

Gane however is first and foremost a striker, and he has looked good while striking, while Jones has also looked pretty good while striking, but maybe not to the extend that Gane has.

But here's the thing: Gane isn't much of a wrestler, and Jones is probably gonna want to take the fight to the ground, and if he does, Gane is gonna be at a disadvantage.

This is just my opinion though!
It's crazy bro, it's like you're a psychic or something. We've never been closer to a breakthrough in MMA understanding IMO.

We should indeed flood the heavies with that analysis until people finally understand.

Yes of course couldn't hurt. I think Jon is in for a rude awakening

I’m pretty sure Jon will be looking to mix things up, but I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t lol.
In his last few fights he tried to attack fire with fire, by trying to beat his opponents at their own game
It would be a terrible idea indeed. My biggest fear is Jones' inclination to use dirty fighting.
He still has a reach advantage, perfect for poking eyes. Other than that, standing with Gane is never a good idea. If Jones, for whatever reason, can't take him down reliably, and keep Gane there, he might find out that Gane is, actually, quite a good striker.

I'll admit that fighting Gane for his first HW fight, after such a long period of inactivity, at his age (health wise, being 35 with 15 years of professional MMA isn't the same as being 35 with 10 years of pro MMA, like Francis, for example. The sooner you start, the sooner your decline will happen, usually) is a brave move.
I only think that fight might be competitive because Jones is himself a freak and a fighting genius. Anyone else in his situation, I wouldn't give a chance.

Pretty sure I heard he's been working with top level wrestlers as well this is just his stand up training partner.

The problem is he only trains his wrestling when he has a fight scheduled so how good could it actually be? You would think a guy who got wrestlefucked by the scariest KO artist in UFC history would take his grappling more seriously

The problem is he only trains his wrestling when he has a fight scheduled so how good could it actually be? You would think a guy who got wrestlefucked by the scariest KO artist in UFC history would take his grappling more seriously
You don't consider no one expected Ngannou to wrestle to be a factor? Or that he knows that Jones has to wrestle to win?

Yeah I know for a fact that this move will help Gane win for sure. The skin color of Imad and Jones matches perfectly.

It would be a terrible idea indeed. My biggest fear is Jones' inclination to use dirty fighting.
He still has a reach advantage, perfect for poking eyes. Other than that, standing with Gane is never a good idea. If Jones, for whatever reason, can't take him down reliably, and keep Gane there, he might find out that Gane is, actually, quite a good striker.

I'll admit that fighting Gane for his first HW fight, after such a long period of inactivity, at his age (health wise, being 35 with 15 years of professional MMA isn't the same as being 35 with 10 years of pro MMA, like Francis, for example. The sooner you start, the sooner your decline will happen, usually) is a brave move.
I only think that fight might be competitive because Jones is himself a freak and a fighting genius. Anyone else in his situation, I wouldn't give a chance.
Yeah a lot of questions need to be answered.
Time will tell :)

Back