• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Ciryl Gane trains with 23-2 GLORY Kickboxer Imad Hadar

Will this help Gane to prepare for Jones?

• Total voters
Ciryl Gane also worked with GLORY LHW Donegi Abena leading up to the Francis Ngannou fight

I watched Donegi Abena get crowned LHW-champion last weekend at GLORY 83 together with @TacticalTijs
While I really didn't agree with the referee's decision to stop the fight in R4 due to a shin cut suffered by Sergej Maslobojev, Donegi Abena can now call himself GLORY champion of the world

View attachment 969199

It was a great event, but the ending just did not feel right to me. I hope Sergej Maslobojev at least gets a chance to take the title back

I think Gane is definitely training his wrestling. I don't think he's focusing on striking at the expense of wrestling - it's just that he's drilling striking with word-class kickboxers (while Jones is posting photos with The King Of Herky-Jerky Striking Keith Sardine)

If jon just stands and tries to bang with Cyril, he deserves to lose and lose badly.
I’m pretty sure Jon will be looking to mix things up, but I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t lol.
In his last few fights he tried to attack fire with fire, by trying to beat his opponents at their own game

In a recent interview, Gane said that this camp Imad Hadar is his main stand-up training partner to prepare for Jon Jones

Good move from Gane?

Can't hurt, although it seems like he should be working with some wrestlers as that's where Jones will have his biggest advantage.

Also, we're tired of you being all studly while dwarfing our favorite MMA fighters.

<Wink2>

He should really be concentrating on his wrestling more than anything else...

I do not see any additional benefit to focusing on striking. He is a better strikee than Jones hands down what he needs to worry about is the clinch grappling and takedowns and grappling on the floor.

Although it is possible he could win like Izzy does with distance, speed and avoiding the wrestling that way.

I feel like he would benefit more having a good wrestler as the main partner. His striking is already way better than Jon Jones.

Not sure why he is dong that . Jones is not going to kick box with him , he will take him down and elbow the fuck out of him.

Can't hurt, although it seems like he should be working with some wrestlers as that's where Jones will have his biggest advantage.

This is literal seconds of one single spar of one single training session out of a multi-month long fight camp for a bout that Gane & Co. knew about long before any of us did. I'm sure he has spent plenty of time drilling his grappling, guys. In fact, he's confirmed as much in interviews.

It's MMA. Skills are perishable. Yes, you can place a heavy focus on one area or another depending on what kind of fight/opponent/gameplan you're expecting, but that doesn't mean you outright neglect everything else especially when Jon has utilized a kickboxing-centric gameplan in the majority of his last several bouts.

Last edited:
This is literal seconds of one single spar of one single training session out of a multi-month long fight camp for a bout that Gane & Co. knew about long before any of us did. I'm sure he has spent plenty of time drilling his grappling, guys. In fact, he's confirmed as much in interviews.
Yep, after the Ngannou fight he was training with some HW wrestlers from Dagestan.

nothing is going to help prepare Gane as he eats elbows and ground n pound from the bottom and is stuck there. if no knees, no contract ngannou can do it. jones will absolutely fuck gane up.

It says the guy is his stand up training partner. Gane has also been grappling with some HW wrestlers from Dagestan.
I would still say though that the fighting striking style of a glory kick boxer is very different from Jones, given the distance , the techniques and strategies used. So I would think he brings someone who can emulate Jones.

I would still say though that the fighting striking style of a glory kick boxer is very different from Jones, given the distance , the techniques and strategies used. So I would think he brings someone who can emulate Jones.
Why couldn't a very skilled kickboxer emulate Jones style? Or who's to say he doesn't have another training partner for that?

This is just one aspect of his training, we don't know all the details.

The more I think about this fight, the more I lean towards one of them winning. My guess is that Gane has the advantage standing, and Jones has the advantage in wrestling. It's mindblowing to me that no one has talked about this before.
It's not a good sign for Jon when a big Jones hugger is waffling on the outcome and feigning disinterest

I think Gane is definitely training his wrestling. I don't think he's focusing on striking at the expense of wrestling - it's just that he's drilling striking with word-class kickboxers (while Jones is posting photos with The King Of Herky-Jerky Striking Keith Sardine)

He literally has said many times now he has since the NNN fight.

Yep, after the Ngannou fight he was training with some HW wrestlers from Dagestan.

Yeah, Chechnya too IIRC. As an aside, @BoxerMaurits clued me in that one of his current training partners is Shamil Gaziev. Undefeated (as a pro) Russian guy with loads of finishes, scheduled to face Darko Stosic on a BRAVE card tomorrow. Had a solid amateur record, too.

EDIT: Watched a couple of his fights on YouTube. Looks like a heavy-handed wrestle-boxer. Hits hard, uses a lot of clinch work & dirty boxing, and isn't afraid to take guys down and beat them up on the mat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back