Shavkat’s fight with Gastelum makes no sense?

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Shavkat is undefeated in the ufc and 17-0 overall. It makes no sense fighting a guy who loses a lot with no history of making weight at 170. It seems like a weird step back considering Shavkat has finished better guys already

I can't imagine there are that many people willing to take a fight with Shavkat even if he is now higher ranked.
I imagine he wants to stay busy, with the title held up by Colby/Leon
Gastelum is hot and cold but has a name and has beaten some top guys in the past

Rankings-wise, it makes no sense for Shavkat. However, this fight will definitely boost his stock if he wins--even if it's messy! And it will be!

Plus, I suspect it's hard for your boy to get fights. At some point you have to take what you can get if you want to stay active.

It's going to be a banger! Could headline a fight night, but will instead make an excellent co-main!

I think it's a waste of precious career time for Shavkat, but I like that not every single elite fiighter is either fighting for money or fighting to be champ. Shavkat's call-out shows some thinking outside the box, and that's refreshing. Should be a fun fight too. But will Kelvin make weight? I will not bet on that.

Shavkat is undefeated in the ufc and 17-0 overall. It makes no sense fighting a guy who loses a lot with no history of making weight at 170. It seems like a weird step back considering Shavkat has finished better guys already

Everyone especially Khmza is ducking him. Reminds me of Gsp ducking Silva but fighting bisping with 1 eye.

Shavkat is just having fun with MMA. He wanted to fight Gastelum. He's not too concerned with moving toward the belt. In fact he doesn't even realize there is a belt, he just fights.

Gastelum has the ability to make any fight competitive. I actually think this is a nice little test for Shavcat

I think this is spot -on. Gastelum is not an easy fight and will be a true test. I think this is a 50 - 50 fight.

Gastelum is a bigger name than Shavkat's other opponents even though he has been in decline.

He's a good guy to use to put a guy over with. Especially since there will be some small hype with him returning to 170... assuming he makes it.

after watching Shavka's last fight dude has some major holes in his game ....I am for real by saying Kevin could pull this off.

Yup - Stock Builder scrap. Plus man wants to stay active and sees an empty locker room whenever he peeks in...

<EdgyBrah>

Back