Shavkat’s fight with Gastelum makes no sense?

Shavkat will get beat soon. I don't think Kelvin is the one to do it but he has holes in his game that will be exploited. Just a matter of time.

Un-ranked middleweight on a years-long losing campaign fights #6 ranked, undefeated, 5-0 UFC record surging welterweight.

It is about as dumb as fights can get from a sporting perspective. So far as 'hey why not' sure it will probably be entertaining to watch. Shavkat should be fighting the highest available ranked welterweight after going 5-0 and brutalizing a ranked opponent in his last fight.

The last time Kelvin won two fights in a row was five years ago, and both of those opponents are long since retired from MMA.

Mma fans can never be happy.

fans cried about a certain defeat if he got matched with khamzat. And now fans are whining about him getting an easy win if matched with Kelvin.

Mma fans can never be happy.

fans cried about a certain defeat if he got matched with khamzat. And now fans are whining about him getting an easy win if matched with Kelvin.
What?

Shavkat asked for it, Gastelum accepted.

Gastelum has a fun style and a big name.

I'll allow it.

Exactly.

Not every fight can be a title fight or even title eliminator.

I'd like to see Shavkat fight anyone at this point and it's even better that KG is a big name that put Izzy on queer street.

Ufc matchmaking isn't great, nothing new here.

Too many rank squatters at WW

colby-covington-colby-covington-smile.gif

Colby's bitch ass is holding up the division. He is the one that should be fighting Shavkat instead of being gifted another title shot. Belal should be fighting for the title. If nobody else top 5 is willing to fight why not I guess? My only reservation is fatass Kelvin making weight is such a risk.

If it doesn't make sense UFC will do it.

This is what happens when you push company favorites when they don't deserve it. It holds up the division.

Shavkat is undefeated in the ufc and 17-0 overall. It makes no sense fighting a guy who loses a lot with no history of making weight at 170. It seems like a weird step back considering Shavkat has finished better guys already

let's add some context into this...gastelum has wins over guys like jacare belfort bisping tim kennedy johnny hendricks just to name a few, he even gave adesanya one of his toughest fight to date. let's not act as if gastelum is a bum, not only he is very tough but even in defeat, he had made it competitive for the most part.
a win over gastelum will get khavkat closer to the title for sure

Shavkat is undefeated in the ufc and 17-0 overall. It makes no sense fighting a guy who loses a lot with no history of making weight at 170. It seems like a weird step back considering Shavkat has finished better guys already
Nope he didn't finished better guys already, stop being delusional

The rest of the division is ducking him because they know who the uncrowned Khan is
339763224_772019214359492_2591019486715864737_n.jpg

Nope he didn't finished better guys already, stop being delusional
Geoff Neal is a better fighter at WW than Kelvin Gastellum. Kelvin hasn't been in the division since Obama was in office. He's a good name for Shavkat, but I personally think Neal was the more dangerous fight.

let's add some context into this...gastelum has wins over guys like jacare belfort bisping tim kennedy johnny hendricks just to name a few, he even gave adesanya one of his toughest fight to date. let's not act as if gastelum is a bum, not only he is very tough but even in defeat, he had made it competitive for the most part.
a win over gastelum will get khavkat closer to the title for sure
Context also suggests that these fights were 5+ years ago vs guys mostly out of their primes especially Hendricks

Context also suggests that these fights were 5+ years ago vs guys mostly out of their primes especially Hendricks

wasn't the cannonier fight competive ? that doesn't change my point which is gastelum is and has always been a very good fighter and a tough fight for anyone even at his lowest. don't be fooled by his record, real ones know how good he truly was at his peak... but for now, until proven otherwise he still can fight

Colby's bitch ass is holding up the division. He is the one that should be fighting Shavkat instead of being gifted another title shot. Belal should be fighting for the title. If nobody else top 5 is willing to fight why not I guess? My only reservation is fatass Kelvin making weight is such a risk.

Yes.#1 should fight a guy not top 10.

Brilliant by the guy trying to bite his ear while making buzzing noises from his mommy's basement. <Moves>

Back