RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz DAZN PPV 8/5

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You definitely strike me as the kind of guy who thinks he's the smartest one in the room even when that's regularly not the case.

Was dog shit but not a sparring session, definitely a real fight, also everyone who knew anything knew Paul would win but go ahead and suck yourself off if that makes you feel important.
he's in love with himself

I mostly stopped watching PFL, this fight is not worth getting a streaming service for but may watch it in rerun. Hope Nate wins the mma fight as he will be pretty much done in MMA if he loses.

Bunch of Jake Paul shills on payroll. There's mma fighters jumping to fight for those high salaries who are not 155/170ers. There's plenty 185ers or 205ers out there. The problem is your dishonesty. Shill.
I know the Paul brothers are annoying but try not to let your jimmies get so rustled lol You know JP has already fought Anderson Silva and Tommy Fury right? Lets ignore that though, so please tell me which MMA fighter is not currently under a contract that restricts them from fighting Jake Paul in boxing that competes at 185 that makes more sense to fight than Nate Diaz?

I appreciate that you're actually willing to engage in a decent convo lol.
I'm genuinely not trolling in any of this. I truly think Jake gets his hand raised in MMA vs Nate.
We're talking about an MMA boxer man. Nate is a guy who has boxing matches in a cage with 4 oz gloves on for the most part. I really think he'll taunt and bullshit for 30% of the fight, get tagged with bombs for 50% of it and tag Jake with his shots while maybe getting him up against the fence for the remaining 20% of it. Either Jake lands another lead hook to the temple but KOs Nate or survives to win a decision.
Don't really see Jake getting put in positions where he can be subbed. In a 3 rounder especially.

Look at the fight tonight, Nate came to box inside and to dirty box. He ll do the same in MMA but in MMA, nate will clinch, dirty box without interruption, he will try to submit him if its there etc...it wont be competitive

How come UFC Fighters couldn't beat a Youtuber in a boxing match?
Are UFC fighters really this bad in boxing?
They can't even beat someone who's not as used to fighting as they are?

rmxgbvdcx1nqqixwjpl7.jpg

1313060132.0.jpg

0_Jake-Paul-vs-Anderson-Silva-Glendale-USA-29-Oct-2022.jpg

i

HERE'S IS THE PROBLEM:
You guys are imagining a vengeful Nate going out there to get one back for MMA and himself. You think he'll go out there, with a meticulous and strategic game plan to put Jake in the most vulnerable position to sub him immediately.

Nate DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ALL THAT!
He's gonna go out there, land a few Stockton slaps, throw some middle fingers, and throw hands with MMA gloves on. For 3 rounds. If after getting beat the fuck up he's still standing, he'll zombie Jake into the cage, and dirty box there, not shoot a double leg or try and land a takedown.

You guys are confusing what Nate can do with what Nate prefers to do or with what he should do .
Not a bad point, but you’re creating an equally off scenario where he doesn’t end up dirty boxing against the cage sooner in the fight just by virtue of being in a Nate Diaz sloppy fist fight. He’s not some technical master w footwork to always keep the fight in the middle at range and neither is jake, so there’s a zero percent chance there wouldn’t be natural clinching scenarios sprinkled from rd 1 to rd whatever, and it’s not unreasonable to think Nate only needs one clinch trip to snatch up a guillotine against a hs wrestler

rmxgbvdcx1nqqixwjpl7.jpg

1313060132.0.jpg

i

How come a boxer can't beat a boxer in a fight? Is his boxing so bad that he can only fight retired MMA fighters.
Diaz didn't lose. He just ran out of time.<{natewhut}>

He trains nothing but boxing for years, but you’re surprised?
Do you think the YouTuber could beat even the worst UFC guy on the roster in the cage? What about in no-gi jiu jitsu?

I too think Jake takes out Nate in mma. Unless it’s a 5 rounder. Maybe.

At this point in his career, Nate Díaz is like Homer Simpson. Zero threat to his opponent and just walks forwards like a zombie but taking massive damage.

I think the opinion Nates one of the best strikers in MMA needs a reevaluation.

Also we should apologize to Woodley who actually almost beat Jake. MMA doesn't really have any retirees who can do better than Woodley and AS. Paul is now going to be ranked in the top 200 at cruiserweight perhaps the top 150.

People talk about Jake fighting MMA guys smaller than him but does MMA have any MWs or LHWs who can box at a professional level?

rmxgbvdcx1nqqixwjpl7.jpg

1313060132.0.jpg

i
There are several components to this.

To start off - Paul fights handpicked opponents that are either grapplers, have no k.o power, or are old and past their prime, or a combination of all 3.
Then there is the fact that, Paul isn't a bad boxer. He has the money to get the best coaches and sparring partners, and he is taking it seriously. He fought Tommy Fury, a legit boxer, to a split decission.
I have a lot of respect for Paul - imagine being so rich you never have to lift a finger again, and still he chooses to go into combat sports. I feel the same way with Conor. He is a piece of shit, but one have to respect that he keeps fighting even though he doesn't need to moneywise.

Edit: and I have to add - each and every MMA fighter Paul has fought, would absolutely MURDER him in mma.

Last edited:
People need to be honest. It sucks that Jake Paul beat these guys in boxing. It sucks that he is a good boxer. OK, not an elite or even mid level pro, but damn he is "good." And that fucking sucks. It's very impressive to outbox Nate Diaz and Anderson Silva in a huge arena. Doesnt matter if he is young and roided. I hate knowing that he would easily KO me. Fuck.

Jake has been doing nothing but boxing for more than 5 years now and with some of the best coaches in the world. He’s as good as anybody who’s got only 8 pro fights. It’s ridiculous to call him a YouTuber at this point

Back