RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz DAZN PPV 8/5

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Conor would be a pretty sizeable underdog in a boxing match vs Jake Paul if it was booked today. I can't believe I'm saying those words, but that's the reality we live in now.
I actually like Conor's chances if he could return to form;. Old Nate took Paul 10 rounds, and is washed up, and was never a great striker. Of course, Conor may never return to form if he has USADA after him; he may be washed up just like the rest of Paul's joke opponents..

You know if MMA partisans stopped obsessing which MMA fighter can beat this upstart in a different sport, then Jake would go *poof*. If you'll exclude a Gen X cultural reference, it'd be Heather Langenkamp at the end of Nightmare on Elm Street. "I take back all the power I gave you....."

(Of course Freddy then came back 6+ more times..... so maybe bad example.)

Woodley has no KO power?
tyron-woodley-ufc-167-knockout.gif

main-qimg-05e1a9ee8f5402eaac6cae7408a47565

keenan-snl.gif

Woodley throws 1 punch every 17 minutes these days.

Thanks for joining the RBR last night and I hope you enjoyed it... :)

embarrassing post but somehow #piss saves it slightly

for real though I dont get Conor. he has 100 million dollars. he can retire today as the first ever CHAMP CHAMP, in two different promotions, and go down as the most famous MMA fighter in history while enjoying his beautiful family. yet thats not enough and he seems so bitter and angry 24/7.

The thing is, life doesn't stop when you are wealthy. When you achieve wealth, your mind will attach itself to a different problem. A wealthy powerful man might not worry about money but may worry about not looking young or worry that its his money and not his personality/charm attracting people to him.

In Conors case, he was literally manifesting his wildest dreams and the momentum he built by beating Aldo was beyond movie like fantasy that was so epic that everything that came after was because of that win. The Nate loss slowed it down but Floyd, Khabib and Dustin losses truly destroyed his movie magic moment. Not to mention him going to war with Khabib was due to Artem which turned out to be a failed friendship.

In some alternative universe, he losses to Aldo and that loss means he no longer develops a grandiose delusion and simply reverts back to being a martial artist. He may have never had the opportunity to fight Floyd, Nate or Khabib but he would steadily become a better fighter slowly and slowly to the point that he would end up with a better career and skillset since he would focus on featherweight and slowly move to lightweight and end up with a much better career since no insane Mayweather payday or emotionally charged feud with Khabib. Thus ending up as a happier human being and a respectable UFC fighter with active career.

Conor needs to rewatch the Floyd fight. ha ha at least Jake and Nate weren't trying to hit the top of the head. Man i wish this clown would just fuck off into the sunset already.

Its sad because it felt like yesterday that Conor was this amazingly quick witted trash talker who brought a very deep understanding of martial arts philosophy in his style and personality that gave birth to his winning ways that was not just powerful but transcending and gave you a sense of wonder and freedom as to what a human being has the potential to display.

Yet none of these winning qualities that bestowed a sense of astonishment is present within him. This is true tragedy and an inner extinction of an individual who truly was at one point special.

Jake wants a red panty night. Doesn't have to be boxing, could be mma.

Back