The perspective of Ngannou looking amazing, explanations wanted.

He looked better than Wilder, the only person to leave a Fury fight without an L next to his name.

At this point I am just hoping Usyk comes and puts an end to this whole charade.
And/or let Francis fight Wilder.

such a hater, i'm a casual in boxing and i'll can give you a break down.

Tyson likes to tire and be heavy on dudes, when he tried this Francis would put his forarm on his face and frame off which put Tyson on the back foot. Francis was looking to counter and was landing shot that were hurting Fury and Fury froze. It's that simple.
Not that simple for Boxing fanboys in full meltdown mode.

It seems that many fans, some media etc are all extremely impressed with Francis's performance and stating he beat Fury and was robbed, looked great, is the better boxer etc. I watched the entire fight and I will admit that I was impressed with his ability to hang with Fury on Tyson's worst day in a long long time, but I failed to see what so many bandwagon jumpers seem to have seen.

What I witnessed was extremely basic boxing technique, slow plodding movement and very little action overall from both fighters. Yet everyone is boasting about how great he looked, I mean he landed one good glancing shot behind the ear that seemed to cause Fury to back off and change his game plan but aside from that he didn't do much of anything and never looked very good at any point in me eyes. To me it was more Fury's lack of getting anything going that made Francis look far better than he actually is. Now that does give Francis some due credit as his chin and power definitely had a role to play in Fury's output but at the same time...anyone who thinks that was Fury at his best has obviously never watched him fight before.

The fight as a whole sucked, there was close to no action...the total output from both fighters was close to abysmal and neither looked like a top boxing HW, yet everyone wants to go on about how great Francis is...and I just don't see it. So from a technical standpoint what exactly did Francis do that made him obtain the great statement or even the looked really good?

IMHO Fury was over promoting this for $$ and 100% overlooked Francis, so shame on him for this and he deserves it.
Francis beat Fury up in the clinch as well, and landed more of the power shots. Their faces after told the story.

Yeah they'll bring up unproven shit like Fury was on cocaine... lol
or that he wasn't trying and bla bla bla. yeah, he wasn't trying and very arguably lost, in order to sell a rematch.

Imagine being that dumb to believe that nonsense. lol

Because people literally dont know shit about boxing or MMA for that matter.

It was awesome but not rocky like. Not an unbelievable upset etc. Look at Furys body. The guy has come in looking like total garbage before and eeked out wins against no name scrubs.

It is just finally an actual W as far as mma vs boxing is concerned and boxing fans have it coming saying crazy garbage like Floyd mayweather would ko any mma fighter in 2 rounds if he wanted to.

Francis looked pretty good, but yeah 270+ shredded very clearly on the good stuff, fighting a fatso who normally can go 10+ rounds and looked like he just got off the couch (and contrary to these fighters / broadcasters who seem to know nothing at all no Fury does not normally look like that) he came in with close to zero muscle tone and was gassed within a few rounds.

People inside Vegas know as well already. Ngannou sparred a full boxing match "exhibition" with Carlos Takam who at the time I believe had one loss or was undefeated and extended Joshua 9 rounds and they fought pretty much evenly back then. His base was always boxing he always intended on being a boxer.

Look at old videos even 4, 5 years back you'll see alot of trainers who know nothing about MMA saying Anderson, gsp, Rockhold etc all the guys who train to box in that area are decent at best maaaaybe low level pro.

Same guys have been saying Ngannou is different from the start and alot of them picked him to win this fight too. That's why he was 7 to 1 not 50 to 1 lol.

It was awesome but not rocky like. Not an unbelievable upset etc. Look at Furys body. The guy has come in looking like total garbage before and eeked out wins against no name scrubs.

It is just finally an actual W as far as mma vs boxing is concerned and boxing fans have it coming saying crazy garbage like Floyd mayweather would ko any mma fighter in 2 rounds if he wanted to.

Francis looked pretty good, but yeah 270+ shredded very clearly on the good stuff, fighting a fatso who normally can go 10+ rounds and looked like he just got off the couch (and contrary to these fighters / broadcasters who seem to know nothing at all no Fury does not normally look like that) he came in with close to zero muscle tone and was gassed within a few rounds.

People inside Vegas know as well already. Ngannou sparred a full boxing match "exhibition" with Carlos Takam who at the time I believe had one loss or was undefeated and extended Joshua 9 rounds and they fought pretty much evenly back then. His base was always boxing he always intended on being a boxer.

Look at old videos even 4, 5 years back you'll see alot of trainers who know nothing about MMA saying Anderson, gsp, Rockhold etc all the guys who train to box in that area are decent at best maaaaybe low level pro.

Same guys have been saying Ngannou is different from the start and alot of them picked him to win this fight too. That's why he was 7 to 1 not 50 to 1 lol.
Fatboy showed up looking the exact same as when he fought Wilder. Just excuses. Nothing more, nothing less. It's fucking hilarious to witness though.

I agree with you, TS. I think people are just so overwhelmed by Ngannou actually looking like a boxer they aren't being at all critical of what they actually watched. A lot of people expected Francis to come running out windmilling punches like a kid in the schoolyard. Instead, he stayed back, waited for Fury to initiate and countered.
As for the fight itself, except for Francis's knockdown, there really wasn't a lot of action. The rest looked like a sparring match between two guys who didnt really want to engage. No matter who got the decision, the other guy couldnt scream robbery when they basically did nothing for the last couple rounds of a fight that's there for the taking. Neither Fury or Ngannou seemed to want it in the end as they fought not to lose rather than to win.

Hey I agree it was a nice shot (said that in my post), but I want to know why you think he looked good...from a technical standpoint..because I failed to see that.

I know u were asking somebody else but here's my 2 cents

I was impressed that he not only stayed in the pocket with Fury but he kept pressing forward most of the time.

His check left hook was on point

He landed a shot right to the center gut as fury was moving in at 1 point that was so picture perfect it reminded me of Mike Tysons punchout when Lil Mac would gut shot glass Joe.

He tied up fury's lead arm nicely a lot of the time

He ate furys punches (and elbow) like pancakes

Breaking out of the clinch, I like the way he was doing that

He just refused to let fury bully him , and that is NOT what I expected. At all, lol.

Francis won by a point on my cards, maybe two depending on how you score rounds 2 and 10. I just don’t see how a scorecard can give Francis any less than 4 of the rounds, one of which was a 10-8. So anywhere from a draw to Francis winning should have been an acceptable scorecard

Fury left this contest humbled and thankful he got the decision. He’s lucky he is currently boxing’s favourite son.

Francis won by a point on my cards, maybe two depending on how you score rounds 2 and 10. I just don’t see how a scorecard can give Francis any less than 4 of the rounds, one of which was a 10-8. So anywhere from a draw to Francis winning should have been an acceptable scorecard
He won 5 rounds, got a 10-8 and arguably another due to the obvious intentional elbow that landed. 1 10-8 and a 9-9 at worst for one of them.

I saw a vid breakdown some months back, they did an entire thing on how Francis has this natural ability that most fighters don't possess, where he can set his feet and hips and roll his spine in a particular way that allows him to avoid shots and stay in position to throw counters with power, or something to that effect. Idk much about fight science, or how true it was, but it was an interesting watch. There were definitely people out there who expected Francis to do well.

I was impressed
A 37 year old MMA fighter who hasn't fought in 2 years, has 0 boxing bouts, knocked down the supposed greatest HW of this generation, and made it extremely competitive with many thinking he won

77127839-12684277-image-a-23_1698534282997.jpg

He did win brother and goes above Jones for me. Not mma, but as a combat sports star

He went over to another sport and beat the consensus number 1 and nobody really gave gim a prayer

Jones would need to outgrapple Ryan or beat Usyk to match this achievement. Of course he is ahead in mma, but Francis done something remarkable

To be fair I think Conor was 5:1 against Floyd.

Fatboy showed up looking the exact same as when he fought Wilder. Just excuses. Nothing more, nothing less. It's fucking hilarious to witness though.

Right and he beat Wilder by endlessly holding and mauling almost never even landing a punch from the outside and Wilder was 40 LBS lighter than Ngannou.

But generally speaking look at Fury's stature. He is constantly on and off PEDs and goes from looking like absolute garbage physically to looking fat but powerful.

People in this type of fight show me they literally form their opinions based on random boxing socials rather than by actually watching boxing lol.

Fury resorted to fighting like this recently after the Wallin fight and has been cruising for a loss since that fight (which was as close as Ngannou fight btw)

Only time will tell with Fury and Ngannou as well anyways.

Right and he beat Wilder by endlessly holding and mauling almost never even landing a punch from the outside and Wilder was 40 LBS lighter than Ngannou.

But generally speaking look at Fury's stature. He is constantly on and off PEDs and goes from looking like absolute garbage physically to looking fat but powerful.

People in this type of fight show me they literally form their opinions based on random boxing socials rather than by actually watching boxing lol.

Fury resorted to fighting like this recently after the Wallin fight and has been cruising for a loss since that fight (which was as close as Ngannou fight btw)

Only time will tell with Fury and Ngannou as well anyways.
Nah. He just thought Francis would be worse than he was and when he realized he wasn't, had no answer for it.

Back