MNN (First Trailer for NEED FOR SPEED Starring Aaron Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed: Bob Peterson Removed from THE GOOD DINOSAUR

263jaiq.jpg

A few days ago, rumors started surfacing that director Bob Peterson

First Trailer for James Franco's PALO ALTO Starring Emma Roberts

Palo-Alto-James-Franco-Dragonlord.jpg

The first trailer for Palo Alto has been released online. Based on a collection of short stories written by James Franco, the film revolves around the lives of a group of people in the titular California city, including a soccer coach (Franco), a teenage babysitter (Emma Roberts), and a pair of troubled kids (Jack Kilmer and Nat Wolff). Written and directed by Gia Coppola (Francis' granddaughter), the film certainly looks peculiar. Franco

First Trailer for 12 YEARS A SLAVE Starring Chiwetel Ejiofor

Twelve-Years-a-Slave-Fassbender-Ejiofor-Dragonlord.jpg

The first trailer for director Steve McQueen’s (Shame) historical drama 12 Years a Slave has been released online. Based on Solomon Northup’s autobiography of the same name, the film stars Chiwetel Ejiofor (Children of Men) as Northup, an educated and married black man living in 1853 New York. Northup was approached by two men about a job offer in Washington D.C., but when he showed up he was kidnapped and forced into slavery for over a decade.

Ejiofor’s performance as Northup is every bit as hopeful as Michael Fassbender’s plantation owner Edwin Epps is terrifying. It’s easy to get caught up in early Oscar talk from this trailer, but let’s not forget how socially relevant Northup’s story is today, even 150 years later.

The film also stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Giamatti, Quvenzhane Wallis, Sarah Paulson, Paul Dano, Scoot McNairy, Garrett Dillahunt, Alfre Woodard, Dwight Henry, Michael K. Williams, and Brad Pitt. 12 Years a Slave opens on December 27th.

12 YEARS A SLAVE Trailer Starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender

Lady Gaga to Appear in SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR

Lady-Gaga-Sin-City-2-Dragonlord.jpg

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is getting great reviews for his new flick, Don Jon, and he just handed out his own two-thumbs-up review to singer-turned-actress Lady Gaga. Gordon-Levitt revealed that the Mother Monster has a cameo in Robert Rodriguez's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. The actor opened up about the cameo to radio station Jam'n 94.5 days after he was spotted chatting with the Mother Monster during Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards (she performed at the show and he presented Justin Timberlake with the Video of the Year Moonman):

"She was in 'Sin City 2.' I did a part for [it]. Mr. Rodriguez asked me to be in, and Lady Gaga is in a scene of it. And I gotta say, she did a really good job. Like, she's a great actress. And I didn't know that. You know she came in and I was like, 'OK sure, they're having a huge pop star do a scene in the movie, I understand.' But then she came in and like, nailed it! She had her character down, and she was like a total pro and did a great job. I was really impressed. So it was good to see her again [at the VMAs]."

Gaga and JGL will be joined by A-listers like Josh Brolin, Eva Green, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba and Bruce Willis in the flick. Sin City: A Dame To Kill For is slated to hit theaters August 22, 2014, but before then Gaga will not only drop her new album ARTPOP, but will also star in another Rodriguez flick, Machete Kills.

Lady Gaga 'Nailed It' In Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reveals

New Victors Banner for THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

Lionsgate has released a new banner for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire that reveals the full field of victors that compete in the anniversary Quarter Quell Hunger Games. Director Francis Lawrence has been rather busy as of late, as he

Update: August 31, 2013

Billy in 4C Returns for The Farrelly's DUMB AND DUMBER TO

Billy-in-4C-Dumb-and-Dumber-Dragonlord.jpg

Dumb and Dumber To is turning into a true reunion as writers-directors Bobby and Peter Farrelly today revealed that Brady Bluhm, the actor who portrayed Billy in 4C in the 1995 original, will reprise his role for the much-anticipated sequel. "It's official!" the brothers posted to Twitter. "Billy in 4C (I just thought he was really quiet) is returning in #DumbTo! Played again by the highly underrated Brady Bluhm."

Billy, fans will remember, was the blind neighbor boy to whom Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey's Harry and Lloyd sold their headless bird, Petey. Following the release of the original film, actor Bluhm went on to voice Christopher Robin in a series of direct-to-home-video Winnie the Pooh films. He recently starred in a film that he also co-created and edited, The Last Man(s) on Earth.

Brady Bluhm's Billy in 4C Returns for The Farrelly's DUMB AND DUMBER Sequel

Last edited:
Hayao Miyazaki to Retire from Filmmaking... Again

15hl4yu.jpg

Japanese filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki is retiring. Studio Ghibli president Hoshino Koji announced earlier today at the Venice Film Festival that the 72-year-old filmmaker and master of animation is retiring, but further questions about the decision were not answered. Miyazaki first started working as an animator in 1961, going on to co-found the wonderful Japanese animation studio Studio Ghibli, where he directed a number of highly regarded animation features including 1988

Bryan Cranston Debunks Lex Luthor Casting for MAN OF STEEL 2

Bryan-Cranston-Lex-Luthor-004-Dragonlord.jpg

Last week, the untrustworthy fan site Cosmic Book News reported that Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston is set to play Lex Luthor for Man of Steel sequel and has signed a 6-picture contract to reprise the character in future DC films. Despite telling everybody in Sherdog that this report was bogus, the news spread like wildfire on the internet that even some credible sites cautiously posted it as well. During a recent chat with the Globe, the Emmy award-winning actor debunks the rumors that he has signed a multi-pic deal to portray Superman's arch-enemy.

"I’ve heard that too. Six [films]?", Cranston laughed. "This is all news to me. I think that maybe my name is bandied about because I’m known to be bald. ‘What bald guy can we get?’ The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him."

When asked if he would consider calling Gene Hackman for advice on playing Luthor, Cranston said with a laugh, "I can just see how that phone call would go. 'Gene? Hi, this is Bryan Cranston.' 'Who? Bryan Cranston? What do you want? How did you get this number?'"

New Featurette for RIDDICK Explores the Hostile Environment

Riddick-Throne-0830-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal has released new featurette for the sci-fi/action film, Riddick. It opens with a slight contradiction between Vin Diesel and director David Twohy. Diesel says “We always wanted it to be three films,” but then Twohy follows with “It was a question of where do we go next?” The implication of a trilogy signals that they knew how it would be resolved, but clearly that wasn’t the case. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Just because a film is planned that doesn’t mean the final result will be good and vice versa. This featurette contains new footage, and does a good job of laying out the story without giving too much away, although there is no alien-puppy-saving.

Riddick is, in may ways, a return to the Pitch Black style, but this featurette makes it clear that Twohy and Diesel are also finding a middle ground between the two previous adventures rather than simply abandoning Chronicles of Riddick. In the featurette, Diesel himself explains, "To service the mythology, you had to set it in an environment that was similar to Pitch Black and yet keeps the question alive, 'Where is Riddick from and where is he going?'" Riddick opens September 6th.

Don't Fear the Dark: Revealing RIDDICK Featurette with New Footage

3rd Clip from Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC

Nymphomaniac-Clip-Uma-Thurman-Dragonlord.jpg

Uma Thurman appears to have gotten religion in the new sneak peek video promoting Lars von Trier

Dakota Johnson Confirmed to Star in FIFTY SHADES OF GREY

Dakota-Johnson-Lead-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Dakota Johnson will star as Anastasia Steele, the lead female character in Universal Pictures and Focus Features

Charlie Hunnam to Play Christian Grey in FIFTY SHADES OF GREY

Charlie-Hunnam-Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Charlie Hunnam will star as Christian Grey, the lead male character in Universal Pictures and Focus Features

Rumor: Timothy Dalton Being Considered for Alfred Pennyworth?

Timohty-Dalton-Alfred-Pennyworth-Dragonlord.jpg

Cosmic Book News is at again. The unreliable fan site is now reporting that Zack Snyder is considering former James Bond actor Timothy Dalton as Alfred Pennyworth in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel. As always regarding Cosmic, take this with a grain of salt. Their scoop of Bryan Cranston signing on as Lex Luthor was debunked recently. But even if this is bullshit, I must admit that Dalton would make an excellent Alfred. The untitled Man of Steel sequel is set to be released on July 17, 2015.

Dalton is a British actor best known for portraying James Bond in The Living Daylights (1987) and Licence to Kill (1989). Unlike Moore, who had played Bond as more of a light-hearted playboy, Dalton's portrayal of Bond was darker and more serious. Dalton pushed for renewed emphasis on the gritty realism of Ian Fleming's novels instead of fantasy plots and humor. Dalton's last notable appearance was a recurring role in NBC's Chuck as the criminal mastermind Alexei Volkoff. He can be seen next in the upcoming psychosexual horror series Penny Dreadful.

Rumor: Benedict Cumberbatch to Star in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII

Benedict-Cumberbatch-Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Dragonlord.jpg

Last week, the Star Wars: Episode VII rumor mill started churning with potential casting news. Rachel Hurd-Wood (Solomon Kane) and Alex Pettyfer (I Am Number Four) were mentioned as possible contenders for roles in the movie and that a “major casting news” could have been as released as early as the same day (obviously, it wasn’t). But if that news is still close to breaking, what would qualify it as major? Perhaps if the casting involves one of the most popular actors working today: Benedict Cumberbatch.

According to Film Chronicles, Cumberbatch will re-team with his Star Trek Into Darkness director J.J. Abrams for the film, and there are no details about the role. As Film Chronicles points out from an interview with Total Film, Abrams and Cumberbatch were both fans of Star Trek, but their hearts have always been with Star Wars. Cumberbatch told Total Film, "I’ve already asked him if I can be a lightsaber and we’re in talks – about whirring sounds and the rates for the lights and everything [laughs]."

As it was recently reported, Cumberbatch dropped out of Guillermo Del Toro‘s Crimson Peak, and no reason was given. Del Toro’s film and Episode VII are due to start filming at about the same time. Since Cumberbatch can’t be two places at once, perhaps he’s opted to be in a galaxy far, far away.

[Update: Badass Digest is hearing that the role Cumberbatch is up for is that of a bad guy, almost certainly a Sith. And it's a major role, one that will continue throughout the whole new trilogy. This part is the reason why he dropped out of Guillermo del Toro's Crimson Peak.]

Rumor: Benedict Cumberbatch to Reteam with J.J. Abrams in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?

Last edited:
Haunting UNDER THE SKIN Teaser Starring Scarlett Johansson

Scarlett-Johansson-Under-the-Skin-Dragonlord.jpg

The first teaser trailer for Jonathan Glazer's Under the Skin has landed online. Scarlett Johansson stars as an alien who makes human men her prey, seducing them with her sexuality and then killing them, but she soon grows a conscience about her actions. Really, this is a movie that seems not much driven by plot as by ideas and moods, and Johansson is said to give a first rate turn according to Telluride reviews stating she is" perfectly cast, being able to shift from blank alien mode to kittenish seduction without ever letting you see the switch being turned on or off."

Director Jonathan Glazer made his name with music videos, before turning to the feature film world, dropping his sizzling debut Sexy Beast in 2000, followed four years later by Birth. The wait has been a bit longer for Glazer's sci-fi effort Under The Skin, which has taken its time from filming through post-production, but it looks like patience has paid off. Under The Skin doesn’t have U.S. distribution yet, but will likely arrive sometime in 2014. [IndieWire]

[After carefully screening the trailer, I can't post it here since it contains some brief nudity. Go to YouTube if you want to see the trailer.]

I see they're going the Twilight route for 50 Shades by hiring terrible actors.

First Trailer for Bodybuilding Documentary GENERATION IRON

Generation-Iron-Poster-Dragonlord.jpg

An official trailer has debuted for a documentary titled Generation Iron examining the lives of the top seven bodybuilders and the highly competitive sport of bodybuilding that they compete in. Or rather, the sport they've dedicated their entire lives to. Despite the hardcore, no-excuses nature of bodybuilding this documentary seems to have a softer side, touching upon the drugs, mental challenges and emotional struggles they experience. Mickey Rourke narrates the doc (but not the trailer) and Arnold Schwarzenegger appears briefly as Mr. Olympia.

Directed by Russian filmmaker Vlad Yudin, Generation Iron examines the professional sport of bodybuilding today and gives the audience front row access to the lives of the top 7 bodybuilders (including Phil Heath, Kai Greene, Branch Warren and Dennis Wolf) in the sport as they train to compete in the world's most premiere bodybuilding stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back