Am i the only one who thinks Mike Perry is not impressive

Nobody claimed he was an amazing technical striker. Nobody who was serious anyway.

He's got an appeal because he has power in his hands and elbows and he's aggressive.

He'll be fringe top 15, maybe top 15 but probably never sniff top 5.

Matthew-Perry-a-Londres-le-15-mars-2016_exact1024x768_p.jpg
4094ADF300000578-0-image-a-5_1495304030733.jpg

Perry is tough, has guts,power, and a solid chin....IMO, he also has sound fundamentals. As a bigger fan of his then I am, what adjustments (in your opinion) does he need to make to crack the top 5?
Top level coaches, technical training partners, and people willing to invest in him. He has massive potential, but he needs to be in the right environment for growth in my opinion

Whats up fellas.. Happy Holidays to yall.. I never watched a Mike Perry fight until last weekend being there was soooo much hype around him from alot of sherdoggers.. You guys got me amed up to watch him fight... then it came time to watch him andddd

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!! He looked stiff as a board and he also looked to be in slow motion.. His cardio was awful and i was totally not impressed at all. Yes he talks a great game but in the end its about what u do in the cage!!!

Then in an interview after his loss, he goes on about how his opponent stopped his last 5 guy and he made it to the end???? sayyyy whatttt!?!?!

Thanks for a BIG let down my fellow sherdoggers!!

There is no shame in lossing to WARzinibbio.

the funny part is that was actually Mike Perry rising to the occasion, his toughest opponent by far and he didn't look as bad as he did against Jouban.. with that said, I still think he's a future star

Whats up fellas.. Happy Holidays to yall.. I never watched a Mike Perry fight until last weekend being there was soooo much hype around him from alot of sherdoggers.. You guys got me amed up to watch him fight... then it came time to watch him andddd

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!! He looked stiff as a board and he also looked to be in slow motion.. His cardio was awful and i was totally not impressed at all. Yes he talks a great game but in the end its about what u do in the cage!!!

Then in an interview after his loss, he goes on about how his opponent stopped his last 5 guy and he made it to the end???? sayyyy whatttt!?!?!

Not my take away, and like you, it was my first time watching him. I am a fan now both for his talk, and what he does in the cage. Dude is a head hunter, and it was a bloody, beautiful standup war. He did not look stiff, and was always looking for and finding good angles. If the eye poke didn't happen, I am confident Perry would have won via brutal T/KO. Ponzi was a great test, and I'd definitely watch a rematch.

#PlatinumWarWagon
#JustBleed

Yeah man, there's a lot of that in MMA nowadays. It is pure trashy informal marketing from their friends, relatives, fans and promoters.. Many fighters are doing the Conor bullshit, which is, talking their way to stardom. Mike Perry is not that bad, but I don't see in him at all what I saw in Anderson Silva, JJones, Conor and all those guys when they first came out, the majority are just tools, examples? Colby Convington and Artem Lobov, these clowns are worst than Mike Perry, but people talk about them like if they were ninjas or something. Artem Lobov's record is just absurd, he shouldn't even be in the UFC, yet, he is still getting big fights and in the conversation. It's retarded.

Hard to fight with 1 eye bro. Depth perceptiom is kind of important when fighting. Perry was destroying Ponzi up until the eyepoke, and won first round on all 3 judges score cards

7713C7A8-839F-4755-BF60-AA84FEC51FC5.jpeg

Hes only lost to running point fighters and cheaters and had brutally KOd everyone else that has stepped into the octagon with him.

Platinum Mike Perry is the future champ.

#platinumbless

E3AC6D63-3413-45DF-97A4-B5CB3FB674EE.jpeg
864153C0-3B54-42C5-B3C8-19EC1CCA1AD3.jpeg

F5A4A12C-D235-414E-BC7C-A29470FCEDC0.gif

He made brawlers like Jouban and Ponzi look like fleet footed and technical. He also made them look like Olympic wrestlers.

He's got killshot power and that's it.

First cue should have been that he lost to Jouban and Jouban lost hid next two fights. Perry is exciting but not top tier. He is the Leban of our days. Exciting yes! top tier no.

100% correct!! excellent comparison! He is totally the chris leben of this new era!! love ur post!!

Not to worry TS, his highly regarded blonde coach will fix all the holes in his arsenal before his next fight.

Not.

Hard to fight with 1 eye bro. Depth perceptiom is kind of important when fighting. Perry was destroying Ponzi up until the eyepoke, and won first round on all 3 judges score cards

View attachment 315805

Hes only lost to running point fighters and cheaters and had brutally KOd everyone else that has stepped into the octagon with him.

Platinum Mike Perry is the future champ.

#platinumbless

View attachment 315807
View attachment 315809

View attachment 315813

I cant argue with u because it did look like the entire fight changed after perry telling ref he got eye poked... with that being said, he still looked very stiff throwing his hands, i didnt see any fluidity in his striking. i was rooting for him to win because the ufc def needs more characters like perry. i hope he improves and becomes a top fighter. i was expecting a lot more because of sherdoggers blowing him up.

First cue should have been that he lost to Jouban and Jouban lost hid next two fights. Perry is exciting but not top tier. He is the Leban of our days. Exciting yes! top tier no.

leben was considered a top fighter with solid wins in his time
perry has yet to beat a single top 15
same style yes but perry isn t quite there, but he is still young and he can improve

leben was considered a top fighter with solid wins in his time
perry has yet to beat a single top 15
same style yes but perry isn t quite there, but he is still young and he can improve
Ellenberger was top fifteen when Mike beat him.

Back