Am i the only one who thinks Mike Perry is not impressive

He made brawlers like Jouban and Ponzi look like fleet footed and technical. He also made them look like Olympic wrestlers.

He's got killshot power and that's it.
He also made them look terrified in the cage.

aw come on, I love Perry but that was the ghost of Jake Ellenberger.

But that elbow would've knocked anyone out, no doubt.
No arguments there bro but he said no top fifteen wins. Whatever way you dice it, jake was in the top fifteen.

YEAH MAN YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE, LITERALLY THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS PERRY IS A BUM.

fuckin hate " am i the only one who " threads.

Lmao he only looks good against nobodies and he loses to nobodies as well. Nobody gives a shit about Perry besides some Sherdog members

No arguments there bro but he said no top fifteen wins. Whatever way you dice it, jake was in the top fifteen.

Absolutely. Doubt anyone would've finished Jake the way Perry did, even if Jake is over-the-hill.

you sure ?
ok even if he were top 15 he was on a losing streak and he isn t the same fighter he was years ago
Certain, its my job to know these things. He was either 14 or 15. He never will be again.

you sure ?
ok even if he were top 15 he was on a losing streak and he isn t the same fighter he was years ago

Doesn't mean Mike Perry hasn't room for huge improvements, dude is 26 and has power that is completely unrivaled at Welterweight.

Plus he never puts on boring fights, if he isn't the next Anderson Silva, maybe he's the next Diego Sanchez. That's why we love him.
Not everyone needs to be the GOAT to be a great fighter who puts on great fights.

He hasn't had the best wins yet, but man, his career is only at the start.

Certain, its my job to know these things. He was either 14 or 15. He never will be again.
lol i hope he never fights again, that elbow ko was brutal, and it s not like if ellenberger was ko ed for the first time
i hope he was smart with his money and retire from mma, i hate to see old guys hanging too long

Doesn't mean Mike Perry hasn't room for huge improvements, dude is 26 and has power that is completely unrivaled at Welterweight.

Plus he never puts on boring fights, if he isn't the next Anderson Silva, maybe he's the next Diego Sanchez. That's why we love him.
Not everyone needs to be the GOAT to be a great fighter who puts on great fights.

He hasn't had the best wins yet, but man, his career is only at the start.

yeah i agree , there is room from improvement, just having better cardio would do wonder for him

lol i hope he never fights again, that elbow ko was brutal, and it s not like if ellenberger was ko ed for the first time
i hope he was smart with his money and retire from mma, i hate to see old guys hanging too long

Yeah, Ellenberger is certainly one of those guys that shouldn't get allowance to fight anymore.

I'm not a doctor but damn, If you look at Ellenberger or Sanchez' latest fights and the dude comes to you and wants clearance to step in there again.. I doubt I would give him that clearance.
Same with Rashad and BJ Penn... haven't those guys had enough? From a medical perspective?

I think that's a big problem in the UFC and will probably get even worse if we let 40 year olds bang it out.
I don't want bad shit to happen, but it seems inevitable.

Yeah, Ellenberger is certainly one of those guys that shouldn't get allowance to fight anymore.

I'm not a doctor but damn, If you look at Ellenberger or Sanchez' latest fights and the dude comes to you and wants clearance to step in there again.. I doubt I would give him that clearance.
Same with Rashad and BJ Penn... haven't those guys had enough? From a medical perspective?

I think that's a big problem in the UFC and will probably get even worse if we let 40 year olds bang it out.
I don't want bad shit to happen, but it seems inevitable.

exactly, it s a disaster in the making imo
they would be better trying to compete in grappling
ufc is too dangerous if you re not 100% anymore

Top level coaches, technical training partners, and people willing to invest in him. He has massive potential, but he needs to be in the right environment for growth in my opinion

What massive potential? His grappling is lousy, his technical striking is lousy, his defense is lousy and he has next to nothing in the way of kicks...

He has one weapon and that's winging punches with everything he's got. That is not a recipe for sustained success in MMA.

What massive potential? His grappling is lousy, his technical striking is lousy, his defense is lousy and he has next to nothing in the way of kicks...

He has one weapon and that's winging punches with everything he's got. That is not a recipe for sustained success in MMA.
I've had this conversation a billion times, I grow weary of it, super strong in the clinch, destructive Muay Thai, good TDD, good defensive bjj, decent boxing, knockout power. He has tools.

Back