Amercans: Who are your top and bottom 3 presidents from 1900 onward and why?

Agree with your top three

Three worst are Reagan, Bush and, if we can't include Trump, then Clinton, for laying the framework that has led to the current global environmental crisis and catastrophe - while having all the necessary info available to make changes for a full two terms
Yeah, Hoover is interchangeable with a few options seeing as, as far I know, he was just a passive failure. Reagan and Clinton actively damaged our country and others.

I could be convinced to change my mind

1. Teddy
2. JFK
3. FDR

Bottom
1. Clinton (NAFTA)
2. G.W. Bush (Iraq, patriot act, housing crash.)
3. Reagan (Reagan economics and loosened regulations on the banks)

NAFTA was good for the country but the credit for it usually goes to Bush 41 (underrated, decent president).

Yeah, Hoover is interchangeable with a few options seeing as, as far I know, he was just a passive failure. Reagan and Clinton actively damaged our country and others.

According to NASA and the NOAA their policy action (and inaction) will cost us human civilization itself.

Hoover was sort of an average failure

1-Hoover-should be obvious
2-Clinton-his legislation caused the great recession
3-Obama/GWB- divisive and traded our citizens' privacy and freedoms for security, endless war, globalism

obama is basically black bush who also poured gasoline on the fires of cultural division. I can't rate him worse than bush since most of his faults (government spying, war, globalism etc.) were trends set by dubya. theyre a tie imo
Thank you! I despised both Bush and Obama, and whenever I say that I'm either a loony Trump supporter or Autistic Liberal depending on who I'm talking with.

Top. JFK. Reagan. Teddy fucking Roosevelt

Bottom. Harding. Nixon. Carter.

Top 3:
1. Reagan
2. Eisenhower
3. FDR

Bottom 3 (worst is #1)
1. Obama
2. George W Bush
3. Jimmy Carter

Teddy will be on that list for many people, so will his nephew Frankie, and then I guess JFK for people of that generation.

1-Hoover-should be obvious
2-Clinton-his legislation caused the great recession
3-Obama/GWB- divisive and traded our citizens' privacy and freedoms for security, endless war, globalism

obama is basically black bush who also poured gasoline on the fires of cultural division. I can't rate him worse than bush since most of his faults (government spying, war, globalism etc.) were trends set by dubya. theyre a tie imo

obama-adds-pork-to-hurricane-sandy-aid-bill-national-debt.jpg

In theory it should be 'there were no bad Presidents'.

The worst was Lyndon Johnson. He caused the Vietnam War with a fake flag. Bush jr is also bad with Iraq. Not sure who I'd vote for the third bad one.

Best:
FDR
Truman
Teddy

id mostly agree, but his handling of the cuban missile crisis was F'ing amazing imo. and thats arguably the most dangerous two weeks in world history that he resolved. kruschev deserves credit as well for his role in working with kennedy.
He also caused it.

It's really sad I had High hopes for Obama to bring America together both financially and as a nation.
He failed at both.
Miserably....much more in his second term.

Lmao at anyone putting Trump in their top 3

<36>

To be fair, you have to take the value of inflation into account. Nominal numbers mean very little without being adjusted for inflation.

And the fact that the 2009 budget was passed under Bush not Obama, and the fact that Bush wars were kept off-record.

Truman-The Bomb
Kennedy-Inspiring a Misfits song
Hoover-I guess for inventing the vacuum cleaner?

Other than the water gate scandal and his corruption, I actually think Nixon had a lot of good stuff during his presidency. Ending the war in Vietnam and the draft in the military, founding the EPA, funding cancer research, lowered the voting age, normalized relations with China, pro-woman stance, helped desegregate a lot of schools/colleges/businesses/etc., etc.

Nixon accomplished quite a bit. It's too bad that his tenure ended in corruption.

I also love that in alternate universe shows/films he always seems to be their president lol

Nixon is very underrated

Hmm have to think about the good ones

ill put Teddy in at least one spot for the top

Bottom

1. Clinton
2. Reagan
3. Bush Jr.

Back