Amercans: Who are your top and bottom 3 presidents from 1900 onward and why?

Lol at Trump being in top 3 or bottom 3 .. really ?

Do you Americans think Trump is worse than Bush jr???

Top 3:
1. Reagan
2. Eisenhower
3. FDR

Bottom 3 (worst is #1)
1. Obama
2. George W Bush
3. Jimmy Carter

For people who have Obama and Bush in their bottom 3, how depressing is it that you guys had 8 full years of Bush, 8 full years of Obama, and now at least 4 of Donald Trump? That's a 20 year presidential slump

nothings worse or better than an infantile rich old bastard who lives on twitter and has barely been elected apparently

Good:
1. FDR - WWII, The Great Depression, Works Program, Social Security. Where the country was when he took office vs. where we were when he left.
2. TFR - national parks, progressive reforms.
3. Woodrow Wilson - maintaining our isolationism for so long during WWI and profiting from that insanity

Bad:
1. W 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, GFC, tax cuts, cost the country trillions of dollars, etc, etc.
2. Harding
3. Hoover - thisisfine.jpeg

Wilson is the one who signed the federal reserve act bro.

Calvin Coolidge
Ronald Reagan
Richard Nixon

Bottom:
Barack Obama
Jimmy Carter
FDR

I only like Andrew Jackson who was before this period. Sorry brah.

To be fair, you have to take the value of inflation into account. Nominal numbers mean very little without being adjusted for inflation.

Obama never cared about the people of Louisiana. Never showed up when we were flooded and going through hard times. Trump came with much needed supplies.

For people who have Obama and Bush in their bottom 3, how depressing is it that you guys had 8 full years of Bush, 8 full years of Obama, and now at least 4 of Donald Trump? That's a 20 year presidential slump
Things are looking up with Trump.

Faves:
Teddy
Ike
Ronnie Reagan

Least Faves:
Harding
Hoover
Carter

NAFTA was good for the country but the credit for it usually goes to Bush 41 (underrated, decent president).

What exactly do you feel America gained from NAFTA? Canada and the USA already basically had free trade. All it really did was allow American corporations to exploit Mexicos cheap labor and hurt both small Mexican and American farmers.

I would argue that NAFTA was bad for the middle class of America. I will grant you that the stock market saw major gains. However I don't feel the stock market is a good way to measure what's good for the middle class of America.

Teddy Roosevelt
Eisenhower
Trump

Obama
Bush Jr.
Carter

No love for Diabeetus? The guy wrestled in Yale.

449px-William_Howard_Taft_1909b.jpg

What exactly do you feel America gained from NAFTA? Canada and the USA already basically had free trade. All it really did was allow American corporations to exploit Mexicos cheap labor and hurt both small Mexican and American farmers.

I would argue that NAFTA was bad for the middle class of America. I will grant you that the stock market saw major gains. However I don't feel the stock market is a good way to measure what's good for the middle class of America.
It was very good for the middle class of America. Led to a huge increase in exports, and export-related jobs, responsible for the auto industry staying in America, helped cost of living fall, made us more competitive in other countries (because the cost of goods made by American companies is lower), etc.

It was very good for the middle class of America. Led to a huge increase in exports, and export-related jobs, responsible for the auto industry staying in America, helped cost of living fall, made us more competitive in other countries (because the cost of goods made by American companies is lower), etc.

I don't think we are going to agree on this on. In the long run the short term gains we got, were out weighed by the long term cost.

After the part where tariffs between Mexico and the US went a way, the US began to lose a lot of manufacturing jobs. The manufacturing jobs that were lost were mostly higher paying jobs.

Look at the fiasco that carrier did this past year. They used the threat of leaving Indiana for Mexico, got tax breaks then went ahead with their plans to go to Mexico. Why you ask. Cheaper labor cost. So Indiana lost decent paying jobs because of the lack of tariffs that most likely would have had an effect on their decision to leave in the first place.

NAFTA was great for Mexico, so from a world wide perspective it was good. I maintain that for the USA it was bad.

Back