anybody seen Leave The World Behind?

It was ok. Kind of made a meal out of the run time and missed opportunities to get really indepth wirh the subject matter.

The one throw away line people are debating is pretty comical considering the actual demographic needed to fortify or rebuild a modern tech based society.

My uke!

If that scene doesn't lead to character development of some sort its just unnecessary race baiting. That's not debatable. The movie may not be about that. I really don't care.

I'm not watching the movie. Obama is a literal monster dude. His drone program was pure insanity. He bolstered slave trade in Africa and this movie makes him money. Fuck this movie.

It's called having principles man. Some people won't give them up to see what the Netflix fuss is about. Fuck anything that helps that war criminal.
You are stupid

Nick FuryYeah, they just keep replacing us. The other day, I watched a superhero movie about a hero called Malcom X (one of the X-Men). And guess what color his skin was. Black of course. Almost everyone in that movie was black. Fuck that woke shit.
You got Annie, The Little Mermaid, The Human Torch, Mary Jane Watson, Bat Girl, Heimdall, Cinderella and Her Fairy Godmother, Hercules, Jim West, Moneypenny, Mr. White. You got Elves turning black, Dwarves turning black and female......and now you want Malcom X too? Greedy bro

And the inaccurate rage bait headline too.."couple" when it's a father and daughter....

I'm fine with people hating on it (it was an absolute average movie that botched the ending) but at least watch it first....

For the record, movie is not "woke"

Except for the part when the super annoying mixed race daughter talks about how they can't trust white people when it comes down to it?

Except for the part when the super annoying mixed race daughter talks about how they can't trust white people when it comes down to it?

How do you know she's mixed race? That was never stated in the movie.

She was however portrayed as annoying, and so acting annoying was in character.

Great premise. Great actors turned into a wokefest that ends right when it supposed to get good with no real ending.

You got Annie, The Little Mermaid, The Human Torch, Mary Jane Watson, Bat Girl, Heimdall, Cinderella and Her Fairy Godmother, Hercules, Jim West, Moneypenny, Mr. White. You got Elves turning black, Dwarves turning black and female......and now you want Malcom X too? Greedy bro
I still don’t understand what his super power was. I think it was straightening his hair.

Just saw the movie it was great. Really intense buildup. It was one of the best movies of 2023 that for sure

Watched it last night and never once found it interesting. I wish they could write characters to at least resemble how a person would act. The ending / explanation was so stupid I was waiting for a punchline. Then the actual ending had my wife laughing out loud followed by an apology for picking such a bad movie.

Jake from state farm

This entire movie is like watching that scene fro prometheus where the space ship is rolling behind her and she won't move out of the way. How many things can come straight at you like that? The ships I'm the beginning, the airplanes crashing, the red leaflets falling from the sky, the tesla cars. Its like everything is gravitated toward the actors.

Last edited:
It's not the worst movie ever but it's not fucking good.

Everyone acts suspicious as fuck for no reason, half the "apocalyptic, end of world" shit doesn't even make sense in the context of the film, the sound design is terrible from the song choices to the music constantly fog horn blaring to incite suspense and finally script/dialouge is like Chat gp wrote it.

I watched it and enjoyed it. Didn't notice any woke stuff but then again I don't give a shit and am not looking for it.

Someone posted a scene from the movie above where a character says 'don't trust white people' so did you fall asleep during that scene or are you saying that isn't woke messaging?

Someone posted a scene from the movie above where a character says 'don't trust white people' so did you fall asleep during that scene or are you saying that isn't woke messaging?
It was at a time where the gravity of the situation was just coming to light and there were two different camps that were very distrustful of each other. In a Shit hits the Fan type situation I can absolutely see people separating by race. I didn't see it as some woke messaging, if anything I thought it was realistic. She even said that being too politically correct was gonna get them in trouble.

Last edited:
Too slow on the middle and the ending was meh, rather see more local level chaos

Back