Awful news alert: Spike O'Sullivan has accepted terms to Fight GGG, Fight imminent

Logically ANY fighter's stock goes up when Cuban23 stops being their fan because he's pure garbage.

Hating a fighter you pretended to like because he's fighting a highlight reel opponent after his PED cheating opponent pulled out one month before the fight date is beyond stupid. Which is where Cuban23 lives, the land beyond stupid.

Spike is a total shit fight for ppv that I wouldn't pay for but there is a world of difference between signing to fight Spike 6 months ago and signing to fight him on 4 weeks notice. I wouldn't mind watching it on regular HBO considering the circumstances.

sure. what i don't agree with is that lara wanted it and golovkin refused. i think lara said he wanted it, but then sat tight and did fuck all.

Lara said he wanted it, said he was moving up to 160 so he could get in a fight or two at that weight, then promptly changed his mind and said he was going to unify all the belts before he went to 160. So yes he SAID he wanted GGG and no he didn't ACTUALLY try to fight him.

he refused to fight Ward, which at the time I didn't begrudge him because they were different weight classes. But his rationale was he wanted "All the Belts" first. Which now looks like an excuse to stay at 160.

Don't forget him and his team avoided Lara like the plague, and even opted for Willie Monroe Jr. instead. Their excuse was HBO didn't approve of the Lara fight yet somehow managed to approve of Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade. Not saying they ducked BJS, but he confirmed the money the offered him was way less than what was being reported.

Now you have a situation where you have 3 fighters in the running to fight Golovkin, and 2 of them are clearly superior to the 3rd, and he goes with the 3rd. No one's going to buy O'Sullivan is a better opponent than Andrade or Derevyachenko (His IBF mandatory btw). No matter how Loeffler tries to spin it.

The way Golovkin attacked Canelo following his positive test, you would assume he would never work with them again. One has to wonder why would he attack him like that if he plans to fight him again in September.

Why the fk would he fight Andrade of all things ? A southpaw coming up from 154. How does that help him with his fight vs Canelo ?

And Derevyachenko. Of course GGG be taking that easier fight. Why the fuck would anyone risk the 8 figure payday that's due in 4 months ???
If he does anything short of obliterating the guy in 3 rounds, it's going to affect the buy rates and main stream interest of this fight. And thats at best. If he loses or struggles, there goes those 10-15 million.
Not to forget that Derevyachenko is Canelo's main sparring partner for the GGG fights. Why in fk would anyone be showing their strategy / skills to help out the main sparring partner of your chief opponent. And let Canelo's team try out some new shit and get feedback on it.
It's almost like they get most of the benefits of facing the same opponent twice but without the beating you get for doing that.

If I was GGG's manager or adviser, I'd kidnap and hold him hostage if he said anything about fighting anyone other than a fairly easy orthodox gimme.

Lol about ducking Lara. Lara the Junior Middleweight ? Lara the guy who went life n death with Angulo ? There ain't nothing in Lara's style that GGG hasn't met n beat in his amateur career. GGG got a silver In the Olympics and a gold in the Worlds. Beat lots of Cubans. He ain't worried about no undersized Cuban.
And yes, Lara has only himself to blame with HBO. They don't want any of his fights. They've been very clear on that before. And wtf has Lara / Andrade done at middleweight to show they seriously be considering that weight ? Just noise n hot air.

PS- Dominic Wade was a mandatory challenger.

<{nope}>

Why the fk would he fight Andrade of all things ? A southpaw coming up from 154. How does that help him with his fight vs Canelo ?

And Derevyachenko. Of course GGG be taking that easier fight. Why the fuck would anyone risk the 8 figure payday that's due in 4 months ???
If he does anything short of obliterating the guy in 3 rounds, it's going to affect the buy rates and main stream interest of this fight. And thats at best. If he loses or struggles, there goes those 10-15 million.
Not to forget that Derevyachenko is Canelo's main sparring partner for the GGG fights. Why in fk would anyone be showing their strategy / skills to help out the main sparring partner of your chief opponent. And let Canelo's team try out some new shit and get feedback on it.
It's almost like they get most of the benefits of facing the same opponent twice but without the beating you get for doing that.

If that's the case, then they better come out and admit it. They better come out and say we're taking the less risky fight because we want to fight Canelo again in September and feel that Andrade and Derevyachenko are too dangerous. If that's the case, we better hear a statement like that. I don't wanna hear about how O'Sullivan was HBO approved and the others weren't, or how he was the only one that stepped up.

I want them to be put on blast. I want journalists with some balls to call Loeffler out on this.

Don't forget him and his team avoided Lara like the plague, and even opted for Willie Monroe Jr. instead. Their excuse was HBO didn't approve of the Lara fight yet somehow managed to approve of Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade. Not saying they ducked BJS, but he confirmed the money the offered him was way less than what was being reported.

Thinly veiled Lara cocksuck club thread - confirmed.

If that's the case, then they better come out and admit it. They better come out and say we're taking the less risky fight because we want to fight Canelo again in September and feel that Andrade and Derevyachenko are too dangerous. If that's the case, we better hear a statement like that. I don't wanna hear about how O'Sullivan was HBO approved and the others weren't, or how he was the only one that stepped up.

I want them to be put on blast. I want journalists with some balls to call Loeffler out on this.

have you ever called out erislandry lara?

i mean...wtf?

29 Win 25–2–2 Terrell Gausha UD 12 Oct 14, 2017 Barclays Center, New York City, New York, U.S. Retained WBA (Super) and IBO light middleweight titles
28 Win 24–2–2 Yuri Foreman KO 4 (12), 1:47 Jan 13, 2017 Park Race Track, Hialeah, Florida, U.S. Retained WBA (Super) and IBO light middleweight titles
27 Win 23–2–2 Vanes Martirosyan UD 12 May 21, 2016 Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Paradise, Nevada, U.S. Retained WBA and IBO light middleweight titles
26 Win 22–2–2 Jan Zaveck TKO 3 (12), 0:41 Nov 25, 2015 Park Race Track, Hialeah, Florida, U.S. Retained WBA and IBO light middleweight titles
25 Win 21–2–2 Delvin Rodríguez UD 12 Jun 12, 2015 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois, U.S. Retained WBA (Regular) light middleweight title;
Won vacant IBO light middleweight title
24 Win 20–2–2 Ishe Smith UD 12 Dec 12, 2014 Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas, U.S. Retained WBA (Regular) light middleweight title

I think anyone saying that he should have fought Ward needs to fuck off

Ward is big enough to fight cruiserweights and can handle himself against giant punchers and movers, Golovkin needs a little bit of respect here, his opponent got busted for cheating and its his fault he cant fight a guy of the same level at short notice...please fuck off

While you're at it, make sure to ask Oscar to admit he bought judges for the FMJ and GGG fights, while encouraging his fighter to take PED's. Thank you!

have you ever called out erislandry lara?

i mean...wtf?

29 Win 25–2–2 Terrell Gausha UD 12 Oct 14, 2017 Barclays Center, New York City, New York, U.S. Retained WBA (Super) and IBO light middleweight titles
28 Win 24–2–2 Yuri Foreman KO 4 (12), 1:47 Jan 13, 2017 Park Race Track, Hialeah, Florida, U.S. Retained WBA (Super) and IBO light middleweight titles
27 Win 23–2–2 Vanes Martirosyan UD 12 May 21, 2016 Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Paradise, Nevada, U.S. Retained WBA and IBO light middleweight titles
26 Win 22–2–2 Jan Zaveck TKO 3 (12), 0:41 Nov 25, 2015 Park Race Track, Hialeah, Florida, U.S. Retained WBA and IBO light middleweight titles
25 Win 21–2–2 Delvin Rodríguez UD 12 Jun 12, 2015 UIC Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois, U.S. Retained WBA (Regular) light middleweight title;
Won vacant IBO light middleweight title
24 Win 20–2–2 Ishe Smith UD 12 Dec 12, 2014 Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas, U.S. Retained WBA (Regular) light middleweight title

How many people are calling Lara out? More people want to fight GGG instead of Lara. Demetrius Andrade and Derevyachenko calling him out and he opts for Spike O'Sullivan... Wake up!

Also, Lara's resume recently hasn't been great but that's mainly because he's been avoided. Everyone knows he's a threat.

I think anyone saying that he should have fought Ward needs to fuck off

Ward is big enough to fight cruiserweights and can handle himself against giant punchers and movers, Golovkin needs a little bit of respect here, his opponent got busted for cheating and its his fault he cant fight a guy of the same level at short notice...please fuck off

Golovkin did say he'd fight anyone from 154-168, even called out Froch. But Ward wasn't part of that equation. I didn't hold it against him because they were in different weight classes and I held Golovkin to his word when he said he wanted to get all the belts.

While you're at it, make sure to ask Oscar to admit he bought judges for the FMJ and GGG fights, while encouraging his fighter to take PED's. Thank you!

I'm not defending Canelo.

CbVpXf9.gif

Seriously I've never lost so much respect for a fighter like I have with Clenelo. He's a doping cunt who refuses to take any blame for his part in ruining a fight with a month to go. Ugh piece of shit.

Fucking Gary O'Sullivan, what do you want me to say here? It's a terrible opponent but it's not like there's shitty circumstances involved here. So disappointed rn.

Seriously I've never lost so much respect for a fighter like I have with Clenelo. He's a doping cunt who refuses to take any blame for his part in ruining a fight with a month to go. Ugh piece of shit.

Fucking Gary O'Sullivan, what do you want me to say here? It's a terrible opponent but it's not like there's shitty circumstances involved here. So disappointed rn.

I cant be annoyed at golovkin for this due to circumstances, I would tihnk the reason hes taking sullivan is to tide him over without much risk to the big money fight with canelo after his suspension.

Logically ANY fighter's stock goes up when Cuban23 stops being their fan because he's pure garbage.

Hating a fighter you pretended to like because he's fighting a highlight reel opponent after his PED cheating opponent pulled out one month before the fight date is beyond stupid. Which is where Cuban23 lives, the land beyond stupid.

Spike is a total shit fight for ppv that I wouldn't pay for but there is a world of difference between signing to fight Spike 6 months ago and signing to fight him on 4 weeks notice. I wouldn't mind watching it on regular HBO considering the circumstances.
Its no different. Its a poor quality fight that the public is being asked to pay an extra 70 bucks on top of their HBO subscription to see. Don't defend it. Its not PPV quality. I'd happily watch Golovkin in this tuneup on HBO for free though.

If I was GGG's manager or adviser, I'd kidnap and hold him hostage if he said anything about fighting anyone other than a fairly easy orthodox gimme.

Lol about ducking Lara. Lara the Junior Middleweight ? Lara the guy who went life n death with Angulo ? There ain't nothing in Lara's style that GGG hasn't met n beat in his amateur career. GGG got a silver In the Olympics and a gold in the Worlds. Beat lots of Cubans. He ain't worried about no undersized Cuban.
And yes, Lara has only himself to blame with HBO. They don't want any of his fights. They've been very clear on that before. And wtf has Lara / Andrade done at middleweight to show they seriously be considering that weight ? Just noise n hot air.

PS- Dominic Wade was a mandatory challenger.

<{nope}>
Spike Osullivan is the biggest gimme opponent of all the names you mentioned. Some people want to see a competitive matchup, not just some can for Golovkin to beat up.

Lara is also better than anyone on Golovkins resume aside from his previous 2 opponents. That would be a MUCH more interesting fight than Osullivan, this coming from a confirmed Lara hater.

Its no different. Its a poor quality fight that the public is being asked to pay an extra 70 bucks on top of their HBO subscription to see. Don't defend it. Its not PPV quality. I'd happily watch Golovkin in this tuneup on HBO for free though.

yea fuck full price PPV for sullivan

I cant be annoyed at golovkin for this due to circumstances, I would tihnk the reason hes taking sullivan is to tide him over without much risk to the big money fight with canelo after his suspension.

I agree. I don't blame GGG for this at all. Shit happens. Clen happens. Assholes happen to ruin fights through no fault of your own. It's an unfortunate reality but it is what it is.

And you're also right, I get why GGG is gonna steamroll some can so he doesn't add many more miles to an already heavily used odometer.

edit: And yeah I'm not paying for this shit. I love me some GGG as do MOST of us cough cough seano. But this fight ain't worth shelling out any cash for let alone 70 bucks. Fuck that noise.

I agree. I don't blame GGG for this at all. Shit happens. Clen happens. Assholes happen to ruin fights through no fault of your own. It's an unfortunate reality but it is what it is.

And you're also right, I get why GGG is gonna steamroll some can so he doesn't add many more miles to an already heavily used odometer.

edit: And yeah I'm not paying for this shit. I love me some GGG as do MOST of us cough cough seano. But this fight ain't worth shelling out any cash for let alone 70 bucks. Fuck that noise.

It sucks as I was looking for a youngish, modern 'star' for my kid to look up to boxing now he understands the sport. Clenelo would have been a good start being 27/28 with plenty of good years left in him and having a great resume.

Obviously Ive no interest in my kids spending the next few years looking up to a drugs cheat. Which is exactly what the cunt is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back