Canelo Alvarez suspended six months for positive drug tests for clenbuterol

so amir khan has lost to another convicted drug cheat.

Because it was a tiny amount of metabolites and could have literally been from eating the meat as they load their cows with this particular steroid.Iirc that was the reason or how I understood what I read back then but idk idc lol.I think he was taking exactly that ped allowing him a sort of back up plan.That's mostly what Mexican athletes take for that reason I think?Like idk but something along those lines.I did get the $arcasm though.

Wrong clenbuterol is for weight cutting

Lmao... what?!

Confirmed PED cheat ... 6 months is a slap on the wrisr

Clen-contaminated meat is a known issue in Mexico. The entire national soccer team popped a few years ago.

The percentage of clen in his system was in the parts per trillion.

Additionally, when clen is used as a PED, it's as a cutting agent. There was no reason for him to be cycling it more than two months out from when he had to make weight.

Canelo is a pro athlete, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were legitimately abusing PEDs. However, it seems pretty clear that he did not knowing ingest clenbuterol. Athletes from Mexico have been exonerated by WADA after popping under similar circumstances. NSAC is out to lunch here.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-s...doping-over-clenbuterol-idUKBRE97903U20130810

And we are talking about potentially a 4 year ban for Jones..

What the hell was the UFC thinking getting involved with USADA again?

This is about the NSAC completely ignoring science to impose an arbitrary punishment just like when they gave Diaz that ridiculous weed suspension.

If USADA were involved, Canelo would likely be cleared due to the precedent from previous WADA investigations involving Mexican athletes.

Clen-contaminated meat is a known issue in Mexico. The entire national soccer team popped a few years ago.

Additionally, when clen is used as a PED, it's as a cutting agent. There was no reason for him to be cycling it more than two months out from when he had to make weight.

Canelo is a pro athlete, so I wouldn't be surprised if he were legitimately abusing PEDs. However, it seems pretty clear that he did not knowing ingest clenbuterol. Athletes from Mexico have been exonerated by WADA after popping under similar circumstances. NSAC is out to lunch here.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-s...doping-over-clenbuterol-idUKBRE97903U20130810

This is about the NSAC completely ignoring science to impose an arbitrary punishment just like when they gave Diaz that ridiculous weed suspension.

If USADA were involved, Canelo would likely be cleared due to the precedent from previous WADA investigations involving Mexican athletes.
Lol... if that's the extent of the argument I don't need to hear anything else. Just like the jones situation, I feel bad for anyone who actually believes this stuff. But I will look into it more when I have the time to see if there's any additional info I can find

Nobody is buying the tainted meat bullshit excuse. A lot of Mexicans fighters are using this as an excuse. GGG himself called him out for that bullshit.

This is a UFC forum, why do mods move threads which are UFC related they don't like but allow boxing threads with no relevance to this forum to stay?

right!?

mods here just wasteland anything that they dont like. There aren't actually any rules. The mods make up their own rules.

What a fucking moron. Apparently he didn't think could win the next Big Drama Show!

Lol... if that's the extent of the argument I don't need to hear anything else. Just like the jones situation, I feel bad for anyone who actually believes this stuff. But I will look into it more when I have the time to see if there's any additional info I can find

How is this like Jones?

Canelo's case fits a previously established pattern that recognized by WADA.

Jones's team couldn't find a scapegoat supplement to blame for him popping positive this time. They were just in front of the commission saying "I don't know."

Ignorance like yours is actually why I've turned against drug testing.

False positives happen. It's not made up. If you don't respect the scientific justifications for false positives, why do you even care about the testing?

$ix month$ only? I wonder what the rea$on wa$ for $uch a $hort ban...
shouldnt have been banned at all

and almost certainly wouldnt have been under usada

He’s claiming tainted meat. How the hell is that any different than Jones claiming tainted dick pills?? Give me a break.
because mexico has a massive prioblem with clentbuterol being used in farming

and according to eichner of smrtl levels were consistent with contamination

he didnt buy the beef on a website selling steroids, nor did it come with a label on it saying "foir research purposes only not for hman consumption"

He’s claiming tainted meat. How the hell is that any different than Jones claiming tainted dick pills?? Give me a break.
Bc Mexio is known to add clenbuterol to their produce which is where Canelo lives.
UFC fighter Brendon Moreno, a Mexican fighter, tested positive for exactly the same thing which the USADA proved it came from contaminated meat. He wasn't suspended.

I would recommend looking into Canelos case

How is this like Jones?

Canelo's case fits a previously established pattern that recognized by WADA.

Jones's team couldn't find a scapegoat supplement to blame for him popping positive this time. They were just in front of the commission saying "I don't know."

Ignorance like yours is actually why I've turned against drug testing.

False positives happen. It's not made up. If you don't respect the scientific justifications for false positives, why do you even care about the testing?
I've heard of the contaminated meat story. I've heard this all before. I'm sorry to break it to you, but 'contaminated meat' is not a valid excuse. In fact, it's total bullshit. If Mexico has a problem with it and we know this, its even less valid.

Again, I truly feel sorry for anybody who buys any of this stuff.

Back