CNN Panel Calls Kanye West a "Token Negro" For Supporting Trump.

In the way it was used, yes. He's using it to point out Kanye's inferiority within his own race.

What the fuck does race have to do with someone being ignorant, if that's what you think of them? Granted, the guy is naturally going to get more leeway, because he is talking about someone within his own race, but it doesn't make it harmless, and inoffensive. It also wasn't a comment solely for black audiences. I would've loved to have seen the reaction they got, if they happened to have had a white democrat on there, who laughed along with them. Shit would've gotten weird real quick.

It was actually interesting to watch the white guy's reaction in the video. He seemed surprised at the language, but the black commentators were perfectly comfortable with it. They were speaking more freely, as they would (albeit more reserved) in an off-air discussion. It seemed obvious that they were kind of trying to one-up each other, or make the funnier reference (the "don't read" comment was a Chris Rock joke, then the woman made a Chapelle joke).

@HereticBD are you saying that the black commentator was using the word "negro" as an insult?
It's a very simple principle. If whites are deeply shamed, stigmatized, and punished for using the term, then the term is bad, and blacks shouldn't use it, either.

Any alternative opinion is an apology on the behalf of racism.

It's a very simple principle. If whites are deeply shamed, stigmatized, and punished for using the term, then the term is bad, and blacks shouldn't use it, either.

Any alternative opinion is an apology on the behalf of racism.

That's a fine opinion to hold, and a lot of people agree with you. But that is a different argument. The argument is not whether or not the guy should use the word, but whether or not he used it as a putdown.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this is the joke that he was going for:

That's a fine opinion to hold, and a lot of people agree with you. But that is a different argument. The argument is not whether or not the guy should use the word, but whether or not he used it as a putdown.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this is the joke that he was going for:

Yes, there is a racist argument.

In the way it was used, yes. He's using it to point out Kanye's inferiority within his own race.

What the fuck does race have to do with someone being ignorant, if that's what you think of them? Granted, the guy is naturally going to get more leeway, because he is talking about someone within his own race, but it doesn't make it harmless, and inoffensive. It also wasn't a comment solely for black audiences. I would've loved to have seen the reaction they got, if they happened to have had a white democrat on there, who laughed along with them. Shit would've gotten weird real quick.

Just switch it

Larry Elder and Herman Cain are on FOX calling Obama a token Negro and saying that Negro don’t read

Just imagine. First FOX would be forced to fire everyone involved. And that would only be the start of the biblical shitstorm that would commence. It would be all over the media 24/7 also. And the men calling him that would be vilified to the extreme

Just switch it

Larry Elder and Herman Cain are calling Obama a token Negro and saying that Negro don’t read

Just imagine. First FOX would be forced to fire everyone involved. And that would only be the start of the biblical shitstorm that would commence. It would be all over the media 24/7 also. And the men calling him that would be vilified to the extreme

The token comment was the more offensive one to me. I thought that was further over the line than the comment about Kanye not reading. I also thought the joke about the racial draft was incredibly poor taste and she should be embarrassed by having said that.

But you can't really remove all of the context from a comment, set up a brand new situation, and expect the same reaction. The entire point of the comment was that Kanye is uninformed. The comment came after the commentator said Kanye was trying to talk about STEM, but had to turn around and ask somebody what STEM stood for. You can't just insert an incredibly well educated guy like Obama into that joke, it wouldn't make any sense.

You have to take these comments as they are, and evaluate them as they are.

The token comment was the more offensive one to me. I thought that was further over the line than the comment about Kanye not reading. I also thought the joke about the racial draft was incredibly poor taste and she should be embarrassed by having said that.

But you can't really remove all of the context from a comment, set up a brand new situation, and expect the same reaction. The entire point of the comment was that Kanye is uninformed. The comment came after the commentator said Kanye was trying to talk about STEM, but had to turn around and ask somebody what STEM stood for. You can't just insert an incredibly well educated guy like Obama into that joke, it wouldn't make any sense.

You have to take these comments as they are, and evaluate them as they are.

Lol. So now your bringing up what the commentator heard about STEM? Ok, you understand there’s absolutely no back up for that and it is likely a lie. A lie you will eat up because it’s on CNN and it’s a lie about someone you deem on the opposite side

Ok, let’s say Elder & Cain call Maxine Waters a dumb or token Negro. Same thing

If you are going to downplay this please just don’t respond to my posts. I’m serious, I’m not looking for apologists for their side

I'm in a thread on a boxercise forum with a white Canadian telling black Americans what is racist terminology used within and between African Americans....

Lol at a poster acting as if Kayne deserved this insult because that poster believes Kayne to be ignorant

The WR is a great place. So many in it deem themselves intellectually superior to others. As if you can guage the mental capacity of another on a karate forum

Kayne could be a complete idiot in some ways and a genius in others

I'm in a thread on a boxercise forum with a white Canadian telling black Americans what is racist terminology used within and between African Americans....

Most retarded and irrelevant "but Canada" comment I've read directed at me in here?

Hmmm......I do believe we have a new champion.

Just switch it

Larry Elder and Herman Cain are on FOX calling Obama a token Negro and saying that Negro don’t read

Lol that would just make the comments retarded, words have meaning and those words apply to Kanye but don't apply to Obama.

Lol that would just make the comments retarded, words have meaning and those words apply to Kanye but don't apply to Obama.

Would they apply to Maxine Waters?

No. They just apply to black folks that step out of line, right?

I think you are one of the most ignorant posters on this entire forum. But I still wouldn’t insult you in that way. And honestly, I’d say Kayne is Mensa material compared to you

It was actually interesting to watch the white guy's reaction in the video. He seemed surprised at the language, but the black commentators were perfectly comfortable with it. They were speaking more freely, as they would (albeit more reserved) in an off-air discussion. It seemed obvious that they were kind of trying to one-up each other, or make the funnier reference (the "don't read" comment was a Chris Rock joke, then the woman made a Chapelle joke).
That's probably because if you're a non-white, you can get away with being a bigot or a racist, so they are used to engaging in it without worrying about any social repercussions.

So, I learned today that using negro instead of black is A-Ok.
Good to know for future reference.

Why not? Negroes are constantly telling us what is and what isn't "racist".

Just switch it

This is a form of mental experiment that seems entirely conservative at this point. When considering a situation, we by habit consider if the reaction would be different if the race or sex were different in order to identify potential racial or sexual bias.

Don't be stupid. My original comment was:

Notice that it's about the reading commnet?

Of course, I'm playing defense after you spent multiple posts not even knowing which comment I was talking about. Yeah...ok. o_O

Why tastefully acknowledge that you're wrong when you can just try and deflect instead.
Oh, yeah, I'm deflecting ;)

You intentionally ignore token negro, then when proven wrong multiple times, you decide to make another semantic argument over something else, which was also racist.

"This is what happens when negros dont read"

So that's youre new argument? That isn't racist?

I'm wrong, you're right. Okay.

Which is the point I keep making and you don't address. If it's common vernacular in the community from which Kanye originates and the speakers arise from the self-same community - what's the problem? \
Are you using the argument that because rappers, or black people in general, use the word "ninja" that it's okay to call them a negro who doesn't read, or a token negro?

WTF is wrong with you.

You always come up the worst in these racial arguments. You are so fucking oblivious, but you try your hardest to spin everything. What is your actual point all of this? That none of this is racist? That it's just "okay" ?

Last edited:
Yikes. That was just weirdly bigoted, kind of out nowhere. It’s pretty pathetic how insulting someone sheerly on the basis their color suddenly becomes okay the moment they express a political view other than ‘democrat’. Dumb, hateful thinking.

Lol at a poster acting as if Kayne deserved this insult because that poster believes Kayne to be ignorant

The WR is a great place. So many in it deem themselves intellectually superior to others. As if you can guage the mental capacity of another on a karate forum

Kayne could be a complete idiot in some ways and a genius in others

Seriously, everybody else understands my posts just fine and does not twist them. @IngaVovchanchyn @Captain Davis @cottagecheesefan all read my posts, accurately interpret them, and respond accordingly. Somehow you always manage to make stuff up. You seem completely set on creating strawmen instead of actually listening with nuance. I don't know what your problem is, but you're right, I should stop trying to have any reasonable conversations with you.

Back