CNN - What's the "Alt Left"? Experts say it's 'made-up term'

What's hard to understand? The violent alt-left is violent and are called out on it. The left minimizes and supports the violent thugs and says there is no alt-left and it is made up by the right. Except we know that's a lie because we can see with our own eyes they do exist and need to be denounced.

The alt right needs to act like anyone who opposes their lunacy must be crazy. Therefore they make these terms up to discredit those who dont want to put up with their bs
I don't support or put up with their BS .. no one ever called me alt-left. Guess your theory fell apart.

This is stupid. Of course vague catch all internet political terms with no hard definition mean different things to different people. The alt right, like the alt left, is an amalgam of very diverse attitudes and policy stances. There's no doubt in my mind that you can find anti-semitism there and anti black attitudes, but one doesn't have to dig very deeply to find rampant antisemitism on the alt left either.

And you think that the mainstream right caught racist cooties from the far right simply by refusing to paint with a broad brush? Where is your head?

You are enforcing the most poetically damaging definition possible on the broadest amount of your ideological opponents possible whether not it fits or is appropriate. It's that kind of cynicism that underlies so much of what is unhealthy in our political sphere today.

The problem with that is that THEY defined themselves that way, YEARS before Trump was even on the political landscape. Your whataboutism would hold water if this weren't already an established group. Sorry, but sucks to suck.

Also lol @ "alt-left". Proving my point. Sorry about those fleas.

What's hard to understand? The violent alt-left is violent and are called out on it. The left minimizes and supports the violent thugs and says there is no alt-left and it is made up by the right. Except we know that's a lie because we can see with our own eyes they do exist and need to be denounced.

There are elements of the far left that are violent, correct.

But they're not equal to Nazis and white supremacists.

I do have to admit, the term "alt-left" is a good "catch-all" term for groups like Antifa, BLM, and any other group pushing cultural Marxism.

It does make discussions more streamlined.

I do have to admit, the term "alt-left" is a good "catch-all" term for groups like Antifa, BLM, and any other group pushing cultural Marxism.

It does make discussions more streamlined.

We know you're a fascist with no desire to treat people as individuals.

There are elements of the far left that are violent, correct.

But they're not equal to Nazis and white supremacists.
Sorry, they are and need to be denounced just as loud. The left wants to pretend they are fine and won't say a single bad word about them.

False equivalency? Are you fucking stupid? Antifa has been attacking people with bats, chains, locks, mace, etc.. for a fucking year now. The violence ratio is 10 to 1.
This is fucked up. I can't even log onto my email without reading some absolutely brainwashing liberal shit. Hard to use Google, even.

I come over here, after being on Sherdog forever, but never any forum other than fighting or training tips, and I have people that make sense. On Sherdog..... I'm gonna hide on Sherdog to stay sane. Wow.

You guys cry way too much about the news being "unfair"... Trump is trying to conflate things to keep his voters and not alienate a vocal minority voting block (white racists essentially). It's not to say there aren't problems on both sides, there are assholes all over the spectrum.

I don't think Trump is a racist for the record, it's just clear his most vocal and unconventional voting block that came out in droves to put him in office consists of the right wing antagonists at that rally in Virginia (and many others like them around the country).
Good post, actually. He did specifically call out NeoNazis and KKK, though, right? The media are just mad because he said that we also need to get rid of extremists from the other side? That's where it was a few days ago, when I couldn't take anymore, anyways. The David Duke Brigade was really unhappy with Trump.

And that is why everyone will keep not caring about what you think. Because there are two groups that are violent and you only want one to be denounced and talked about and you want the other to be ignored because they fight (with deadly weapons no less) for your team.

And back here in reality the alt left is up about 100 to 1 when it come mass displays of violence and bigotry.

TCK, I don't think you have a leg to stand on here.

You worship a "God" that supposedly killed every single person on earth but one man.

Sounds good. We're just throwing an alt in front of all the assholes. So this confirms the altright is a bunch of scumbags right?

Here's the CNN link:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/what-is-alt-left/index.html

The Alt-Right proclaimed itself as such, under Richard Spencer, anyway, and that created confusion when Bannon also used the term, and I don't believe he did so in reference to Spencer's group, specifically, but we've already seen that fragile delineation dissolved. The attempt to brand counter-protesters as the "Alt-Left" is ironic in that, by its very virtue, it implies an astonishing critique of the Alt-Right (and Bannon/Breitbart); because clearly it is designating "Alt-Left" as a pejorative.

By attempting to slander #antifa you guys are surrendering absolute moral authority. This is what happens when you let people who don't know how to drive steer the bus. This is why I was and remain a #NeverTrumper.

This guy gets it.

And that is why everyone will keep not caring about what you think. Because there are two groups that are violent and you only want one to be denounced and talked about and you want the other to be ignored because they fight (with deadly weapons no less) for your team.

Feel free to denounce the violent left, but that doesn't mean there is any equivalence to white supremacists and Nazis.

I agree that the left does very little to oppose or even distance themselves from these groups. The biggest example of this is their refusal to even acknowledge the term "alt-left" and deny that there is even such a thing.

If I were center-left, I would think that I would be happy that the term "alt-left" was coined, because it would give me a way to distance myself from the lunatic-fringe of the party. But instead of embracing the term, they refer to it as made up, and respond to those who use it with a sense of dismissal or anger. The center left were given an opportunity to distance themselves from a group of racists, sexists and commies but refuse to take it, and I frankly have no idea why.

You've distilled the entire issue of the is thread to its essence: if there is no alt-left, then does Antifa represent the views of the mainstream left? If Antifa does not represent the views of the mainstream left, then what term should we use to describe these far left outlyers?

Feel free to denounce the violent left, but that doesn't mean there is any equivalence to white supremacists and Nazis.
Communists had killed far more people in the name of progress than Nazis and White Supremacists could dream of. You are aware your posts are of garbage quality right?

The problem with that is that THEY defined themselves that way, YEARS before Trump was even on the political landscape. Your whataboutism would hold water if this weren't already an established group. Sorry, but sucks to suck.

Also lol @ "alt-left". Proving my point. Sorry about those fleas.
Who is they? The alt right? Can you point me to their official website? What you have is a bunch of kids on Reddit and 4chan making memes and dissing RINOs and the establishment and then some small percentage of them goes racist and now the Alt-right is being cynically used by synecdoche to use that one part as if it were the whole.

How big of an audience does some fool like Spencer command? Who put him in charge of the alt right? What the media has done, quite successfully, is use a catch all term to specifically mean white supremacist, so that a very diverse and unorganized group of people with many different agendas can all be painted as a white supremacist, regardless of their views on race.

One of the values of such labeling, is that it ultimately separates out the racists from everyone else formerly part of the much more loosely defined alt right.

Alt left is also a catch all term for half organized groups of professional protesters, revolutionaries, anarchists, etc with sometimes wildly different and even incompatible agenda. Those folks exist, so if you don't like "alt-let and you don't think they are mainstream leftists, you'll need another term in any event.

Communists had killed far more people in the name of progress than Nazis and White Supremacists could dream of. You are aware your posts are of garbage quality right?

If you think college kids with masks on = Mao and Stalin

You're retarded.

I agree that the left does very little to oppose or even distance themselves from these groups. The biggest example of this is their refusal to even acknowledge the term "alt-left" and deny that there is even such a thing.

If I were center-left, I would think that I would be happy that the term "alt-left" was coined, because it would give me a way to distance myself from the lunatic-fringe of the party. But instead of embracing the term, they refer to it as made up, and respond to those who use it with a sense of dismissal or anger. The center left were given an opportunity to distance themselves from a group of racists, sexists and commies but refuse to take it, and I frankly have no idea why.
People on the left who condemn the regressive left get labelled as alt-right. See Dave Rubin, Gaad Saad, Jordan Peterson and most classic liberals who are in the spotlight. My favourite one is Bret Weinstein, that racist Nazi!!(read Jewish progressive) lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back