Crime Corrupt, soft on crime Oakland DA Pamela Price robbed

Sometimes Oakland is too close to Berkeley for their own good and leaches off their politics. Only, Oakland doesn't have the same demographics or tax base. Oakland needs more pragmatic leadership like when Brown was mayor.

It's a beautiful city in an amazing location and like SF some of the businesses are moving out of the area. I hear Kaiser, which has been an Oakland institution, will be relocating almost all the corporate jobs to Pleasanton soon.

I'd like to see a good set of arguments pro and con about Price that aren't just partisan vapor. The closest thing to a real argument I've seen is criticism of her decision not to routinely charge minors as adults, which doesn't seem objectionable to me. If we want to hold minors to the same standards as adults, we should change the laws to reflect that.

I'd like to see a good set of arguments pro and con about Price that aren't just partisan vapor. The closest thing to a real argument I've seen is criticism of her decision not to routinely charge minors as adults, which doesn't seem objectionable to me. If we want to hold minors to the same standards as adults, we should change the laws to reflect that.

I don't disagree about not charging kids as adults. For the most part, prison terms are way too long in the US too. But the nepotism of hiring her partner to an unadvertised position shows extremely reckless behavior. The people deserve better from their tax dollars.

The US is going to be like Brazil or South Africa in 50 years where white people hide inside their small gated communities with 50 foot walls with barbed wire

Pssst, white people already want the US to be a small gated community with 50 foot barbed wire walls and alligator moats surrounding it

I don't disagree about not charging kids as adults. For the most part, prison terms are way too long in the US too. But the nepotism of hiring her partner to an unadvertised position shows extremely reckless behavior. The people deserve better from their tax dollars.

Don't know all the details of that one, but, sure, if that's the argument for recall, I can see it. Doesn't seem to me that that's been the focus of the campaign (and I've actually talked to people trying to get signatures in person). I get the sense that people don't really know what it is that the DA does. Unlike SF, which gets a lot of factually inaccurate criticism, Oakland's crime rate is high, and the trend isn't good (came down really sharply in the mid-to-late teens, and then like most places, there was a jump and then fall in homicide, but other crimes are still rising--especially car beak-ins and thefts). But I don't see how that can rationally be tied to the DA. What do people think a DA can do to reduce car break-ins?

Last edited:
At least she’s willing to benefit from the same policy she promotes. That’s a real women of the people.

I guess.. she paid.. the price.

giphy.gif

The damage done by being soft on crime is irreparable. Low impulse control, low self worth individuals who only understand punishment for any chance at reason have been empowered.

What did we think would happen? They'd get more brazen and our country would devolve into a third world hole... guess what we're seeing... all they need is opportunity, right? Yeah, opportunity to steal without consequence...

We need way more policing until people can police themselves again and we need forced labor as punishment for these criminals. They can contribute something to society they so wantonly take from and if they don't want to work then triple their time or worse...

??? I quoted this: "Yea, the "defund police" movement and aftermath are having predicted results... What a shocker, get what you vote for. Hopefully it wakes some of the voters up"

What's ironic about it? And what are you talking about?

Lmao never change Jack. Seemingly every thread you get called on for saying something wrong, then you attempt to strawman your way out of it and add a touch of gaslighting to top it off.

Lmao never change Jack. Seemingly every thread you get called on for saying something wrong, then you attempt to strawman your way out of it and add a touch of gaslighting to top it off.

What are you talking about?

Back