Did you get beaten as a kid?

Shit can be normal and fucking dark, but I get your point. Glad my kids and I are having/have had a privileged upbringing.

My favorite one was the wooden branch

Theres a tradition here that when child messed up hes sent to forest to choose the stick/branch/object he gets hit with

Having a choice was awesome

this thread goes nicely with the 'weren't teachers a bunch of pschotic pedophiles in 80's' thread

Nice and cheery, seasonal topics

happy Christmas everyone

My favorite one was the wooden branch

Theres a tradition here that when child messed up hes sent to forest to choose the stick/branch/object he gets hit with

Having a choice was awesome

Had a teacher that would give you the choice between a cane to the buttocks or 500 lines.

Cane every time.

I know I sure got a handful of spankings. I honestly wish my parents were a little sterner and really straightened me out earlier.

Kids these days need more beatings.

Not too bad, spanked is about it, although one time when I was 12 or 13 my dad punched me in the face (not an uppercut), but I was just shocked that he touched me with the jab.

I have spanked my son maybe twice in his life, he really doesn't do anything that warrants it. I am sure in a few years time we will be brawling out on the front lawn though.

Born in 84 an yes I took many beatings from parents and 2 older brothers

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

No. Never talked bad to any adult and didn't so any of the shit that usually warrants an ass whopping (bad grades, alcohol, smoking, destroying property).

Both of my parents where never beaten as children but they both did have alcoholic fathers that where verbally abusive (usually to the mother)

Beating the shit out of kids isn't really proper parenting though. Lot of times it makes things worse, and in many cases those kids don't talk to their parents or have a very strained relationship as adults.
I don't believe in it either but when you take it out of the equation, you still have a society that is patriarchal, so, things like the govt. take over (police,judges, prisons) or you have these mouthy, disrespectful kids we have today who are basically dead weight on society because they don't know how to be told anything and they either get their feelings hurt or they get indignant. So, i'm kinda like 'what's worse"?

I don't believe in it either but when you take it out of the equation, you still have a society that is patriarchal, so, things like the govt. take over (police,judges, prisons) or you have these mouthy, disrespectful kids we have today who are basically dead weight on society because they don't know how to be told anything and they either get their feelings hurt or they get indignant. So, i'm kinda like 'what's worse"?
Eh I've never really believed in the whole beat them or the police will stuff. There are lots of ways to discipline kids, and all kinds of studies have shown hitting them doesn't work, and is likely to give them all sorts of issues when they get older.

Yes.

My dad had a slat of wood he got from a pallet and wrote, "for bad kids" on it. My brother and I caught some good whoopings from that. Got the belt a few times too but that chunk of wood was the main weapon used against us.

Back