Opinion Do you agree with the other party/side on any issue ?

You're very passionate. I don't pay attention to the 24 hour news cycle so this binary way of thinking looks like a mind virus to me. Turn the corporate news off and go study classic philosophy and history for a bit. It'll help with the whole "politics as sport" thing you have going on.

I get the sense that you're not very good at reading. I'm specifically rejecting that way of thinking, while Holmes was saying that bad things are all caused by one party because that party supports bad things. Read the posts again.

I get the sense that you're not very good at reading. I'm specifically rejecting that way of thinking, while Holmes was saying that bad things are all caused by one party because that party supports bad things. Read the posts again.
He said that libs have lost the plot and then gave a list of their hypocrisy but somehow you read it as "bad things are all caused by one party because that party supports bad things." Maybe I missed a post but if not, that would make you delusional.

Agree with flunatics? Probably not...

He said that libs have lost the plot and then gave a list of their hypocrisy but somehow you read it as "bad things are all caused by one party because that party supports bad things." Maybe I missed a post but if not, that would make you delusional.

No, I think you just didn't read it or didn't understand what you read. It's fine. You'll do better next time.

As a libertarian I find I agree with progrwssives on most of the problems in our society, I just have the opposite opinion on how to solve them.

The progressive solution to the problems of the sytemic abuses of government is to give the system more power and authority which is akin to pouring gasoline on a house that's on fire.

He said it himself. "I used to be a liberal. Cultural issues and the first and second ammendment are what flipped me but I still tend to agree with them about most things , it's just that the things I don't agree with them on are things I don't want to compromise on in the slightest."

He let the Democrats' gun grabbing and censorship stances change his opinion on who to vote for.

Is that what you mean?

I would reluctantly vote for some social programs and Universal Health care

If we could take out the MIC.
800 bases around the world, blowing up bridges and paying to rebuild them...thta's bullshit.

Not shit for the taxpayer
bring that money home

I won't like and believe they will mishandle the funds, but atleast it's spent on Americans

I don't agree with a party. I have a set of beliefs and principles. I vote my principles. I hope that there are politicians that share my principles but I don't view it by parties these days.

Years ago, I was a minor elected Republican in my city. Nowadays, I find that I can't really claim a party, just my core principles.

I don’t necessarily identify as Republican but would consider democrats the opposite party as I think my views are conservative. Items I still agree with them on:
-Anti-death penalty
-Progressive taxation - I think the majority of people agree with this too btw when push comes to shove. It’s just the GOP use to bring up flat tax in 2012 which was pretty far out there. Progressive taxation doesn’t have to mean a large government budget or a lot of social spending programs
-The 2020 election wasn’t rigged or stolen - that shouldn’t be a partisan issue but unfortunately people want to play kayfabe with democracy or ignore reality
-Gay marriage - though the GOP is becoming more okay with this
-Ukraine aid - another thing there’s GOP support for but seems fractured
-IRS enforcement - I find this to be the dumbest thing the GOP chose to politicize. They easily could’ve funded a bill they wanted and made it budget neutral with increased enforcement but instead took it off BIF and let Dems use it for the scaled down BBB. Can’t emphasis more how stupid it is to be a law and order party but think we should uphold something basic as people should pay the taxes they owe. If you think they are too high, work to get the laws changed.

Probably some others but that’s what I can think of now.

Almost any voter who thinks for themselves probably agrees with another party on something or another. Blindly believing your party is right and the other is wrong no matter the issue is part of the problem we have today.

Civil discussion with compromises and sacrifices on a range of issues to actually help the American people would be nice.

But hey, my team is better than your team. They argue on our dime and the circle starts around again.

I like to think that for the most part both sides see the same problems but have different solutions/approaches.

I also know that you know that was a swipe at you for being a cunt. I do think you are the bad faith actor you claim to hate a lot of the time and you make any kind of conversation all but impossible. I'm sure you disagree by the way so I'm not sure you need to put much time into telling me. ...not that that will stop you from being verbose defensive and dismissive , I'm aware that's your thing.
<{you!}>

No you are the one who took it some weird way and started with the attacks. These guys are correct in what I was saying.

Not really, but it's a team-spirit thing. I notice that you ducked all my clarifying questions so it doesn't seem like you even really want to do anything but yell at people you don't see as being in your tribe.

Says the guy with a Fabian is his profile pic. You sir are an ideologue.

Um, because I think that both parties actually want to solve problems and disagree with a lunatic who thinks The Other Team likes bad things? You're smart.

tough on crime. Especially if someone racks up, let's say, 91 charges.
Also agree that Hunter biden has a big d**k which the media should talk about more

Back