Ever work in a fast food joint?

Jimmy John's, very enjoyable, great memories/friends/time in my life and at a Biggby Coffee (manager), also not terrible but a pretty trying time in life... Neither compare to real "fast food" i'd presume...
Not to get too personal, but did you go to Michigan State?

As for me, I’ve never worked fast food, but in high school I worked in the deli at a grocery store and one summer I worked food service at a state park. Hard work for sure. Earned many zits.

I never did, but I enjoy reading your war stories. Do any of you still suffer from PTSD from your time in service?
How do you feel about stolen food service valor? Scum of the earth IMO

Not to get too personal, but did you go to Michigan State?

As for me, I’ve never worked fast food, but in high school I worked in the deli at a grocery store and one summer I worked food service at a state park. Hard work for sure. Earned many zits.
no. i did take an introductory class there once though...

If I did, I'd probably eat everything so it doesn't go to waste and I'd become a big fatso.

My first job was art Carl's Jr. The funniest thing I've seen there was when people would ask for "extra mayonnaise" on their burger, this one particular cook would put anywhere from 15 to 20 times the amount of regular mayonnaise, I mean the first load he would put on his spatula would be enough for life 6-7 burgers, he would dip the spatula 2 more times for the same amount, which would cause me to laugh hysterically as I would try to wrap this monstrosity of lard, the mayonnaise would spread out all over the burger; when I asked the cook "why did you put so damn much" he would respond "so they don't ask for extra again".

When I was 15&16 in high school worked at the locally owned pizza joint. Was the shit, hang out with all buds at work(all hs kids) get stoned, eat pizza(best shit to this day). Was a good job for a high schooler as there really weren’t any lame ads rules and shitnwr had to follow

I worked at A&W and never got tired of burger and fries. @4HODMT

Yep worked at Chik Fil a. One of the funniest moments in my life I had at that job. I also discovered how amazing Chik Fil a was. I always thought it was shit because they had waffle fries.

So I'm working with my best friend one day and were high as fuck and for no reason I start yelling out that the owner is a crack head. I don't even know why I just started saying it. I could have swore he wasn't there that day but my best friend comes over while I'm breading chicken pretending to do something and goes "you know he's right behind you right?". I turn around and what do you know he's been there the whole time I'm saying that.

Here's where shit gets crazy. I leave earlier than my friend that day and go home and hang out with my other friends. My best friend shows up after work and says the manager pulled him into the office and went into great detail about how he used to be a crack head lol. Dude I'm fucking dying at this point. So he somehow must have thought I found out about his past and was telling everyone about it. When in reality I was just being a dumb fucking pot head. I ended up only getting scheduled 1 day per week at that point which was fine with me. It kept my dad off my ass and I had to do minimal work.

I worked at Baskin n Robbins if that is considered 'fast food' when I was 18 years old. Made $5.50/hour. I was an expert at scooping ice cream at that point. That was 20 years ago.

Had a great time working at A&W. @Badger67

I worked with 12 year olds who cleaned tables poorly, women who looked hot until you saw them smile toothlessly, and had a co worker who would leave halfway thru shifts because he shit himself.

And smelled of grease which sucked.

I did 6 months in the summer working in a seafood restaurant, its not exactly fast food, but it was a cool experience, I was 19 at that time. Owners were really nice and the food was delicious. Also I can confirm that the seafood was super fresh, it was caught every morning fresh and brought there by the owner and his 2 brothers. No old seafood lying around for days and days in a freezer. I was impressed.

Junior year of High School I worked at Arby’s. It was...ok I guess.

Used to work at Burger King. Job wasn't too bad (got them free Whoppers) but it was close to my school so I always ran into fools trying to get the hook up. My biggest regret was quitting the job a month before school got out because I spent the entire summer looking for another job. Learned my lesson

I did 6 months in the summer working in a seafood restaurant, its not exactly fast food, but it was a cool experience, I was 19 at that time. Owners were really nice and the food was delicious. Also I can confirm that the seafood was super fresh, it was caught every morning fresh and brought there by the owner and his 2 brothers. No old seafood lying around for days and days in a freezer. I was impressed.

I love sushi. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

Student Activity grill at my college, while a full time student. It sucked.

This is the reason I sorta have that old school work ethic, and I can finger wag at these younger "chirren" who fear hard work.
Back-In-My-Day.jpg

When I was 19 I lived in Oklahoma for couple of months and got myself a job at Arby's just by walking in and asking for one (unlike my native SoCal where I had been struggling to find even this menial low-level work). It was my first time living among white people and they made a good impression on me. Maybe it's the whole "southern hospitality" thing but everyone was super nice and polite, and not just our customers, but in general. People even said "excuse me" when they passed by you in the supermarket, which is something I was not used to. Brought some of those good habits back home with me. Thank you, white people. Don't let the SJW's get you down.

My first job was art Carl's Jr. The funniest thing I've seen there was when people would ask for "extra mayonnaise" on their burger, this one particular cook would put anywhere from 15 to 20 times the amount of regular mayonnaise, I mean the first load he would put on his spatula would be enough for life 6-7 burgers, he would dip the spatula 2 more times for the same amount, which would cause me to laugh hysterically as I would try to wrap this monstrosity of lard, the mayonnaise would spread out all over the burger; when I asked the cook "why did you put so damn much" he would respond "so they don't ask for extra again".

Carl's Jr. has one of the best fast food burgers. @Estemachine @Jackie Blue

I did Wal-Mart graveyards for three years. Thats the only big corporate thing Ive ever done. The last few hours of any given shift generally involved popping a few caffeine pills with coworkers and playing catch with a defective nerf football.

Goooooooo Wal-Mart! Oh and its fucking stunning but there actually were grunts that thought working there was just the best, displaying their peppy enthusiasm such that even the managers were giving them wary sidelong glances.

Back