Francis held an MMA guard against Joshua and got KO'd

Dewey Cooper hasn't shown any type of brilliance as a trainer. He's got connections with the Mayweather gym and that's how he gets fighters to train with him. Ben Davison is a young guy, he's got time to carve out his own legacy as a coach. So far he seems like he's a very good coach in my eyes. Freddie Roach was not there to teach gsp MMA. He's an expert boxing trainer gsp brought in to compliment his training camp
I know that Dewey works out of the TMT Mayweather Boxing Club. I already mentioned it ITT. He has connections at other facilities too like Mike Tyson's gym. Francis has trained there. You don't think Francis having a close fight with Fury as a pro boxing debutant is remarkable? Such a thing has literally never been done before. Dewey had a lot to do with that.

Yes, Ben Davison is a great trainer but that isn't the point. He wasn't qualified when he jumped to the elite level and started training Fury for the first Wilder fight. You know how he got the gig? Fury dared him to ask some chick out on the beach. Get her number. If he got it Fury agreed that he could train him. That's how they hooked up initially (before Fury went over to SugarHill Steward).

Of course Roach is just a boxing trainer. Again, that was the point. He has no credentials in the world of MMA whatsoever. Yet he trained GSP, Arlovski, BJ Penn, and others. Dewey is qualified to be Francis' boxing trainer. Like Roach he's a former pro boxer himself and has trained world champion boxers & contenders.

who the fuck is looking at that youtube image and thinking "im not watching some 70 year old chinese woman try and tell me why Joshua won the fight"

Francis had high level boxers in his camp... I think his issue is that he mistakenly assumed he could take AJ's best shot and not get KTFO. He was probably hit a lot with those shots in sparring, but they weren't going hard.

He's 37, not 27. Chin is the first to go.

Francis had high level boxers in his camp... I think his issue is that he mistakenly assumed he could take AJ's best shot and not get KTFO. He was probably hit a lot with those shots in sparring, but they weren't going hard.

He's 37, not 27. Chin is the first to go.
Chins do go with age but the final bomb he ate would've likely KO'd anybody on the receiving end and he was already compromised after the second knockdown. Francis is only a few years older than AJ. He and his team probably assumed that Francis had been hit harder than AJ could dish out. Gane kicked him in the head (even if it was only a glancing blow) and he also took Fury's power without issue. It was a miscalculation on their part. A granite chin isn't a substitute for proper defense.

Chins do go with age but the final bomb he ate would've likely KO'd anybody on the receiving end and he was already compromised after the second knockdown. Francis is only a few years older than AJ. He and his team probably assumed that Francis had been hit harder than AJ could dish out. Gane kicked him in the head (even if it was only a glancing blow) and he also took Fury's power without issue. It was a miscalculation on their part. A granite chin isn't a substitute for proper defense.

they thought that if he can take an ellbow from fury he can take a bazooka shot but in reality an ellbow outside a clinch without a full body rotation is weak as shit. Stiff jab all day and night over such a weak ass move from a fat guy whos a cocaine junky and fat liar known as Tyson Fury.

I dont buy the age thing at all since Ngannous chin hasnt really been tested much in the UFC. No amount of dick riding will ever change that.

they thought that if he can take an ellbow from fury he can take a bazooka shot but in reality an ellbow outside a clinch without a full body rotation is weak as shit. Stiff jab all day and night over such a weak ass move from a fat guy whos a cocaine junky and fat liar known as Tyson Fury.

I dont buy the age thing at all since Ngannous chin hasnt really been tested much in the UFC. No amount of dick riding will ever change that.
I think Francis' chin was tested plenty in the UFC. He took Stipe's power there, Gane's, and the rest of the top heavyweights' power in his fights without ever getting dropped or being badly hurt. AJ has more than big power. He has excellent timing & accuracy to go with it.

I know that Dewey works out of the TMT Mayweather Boxing Club. I already mentioned it ITT. He has connections at other facilities too like Mike Tyson's gym. Francis has trained there. You don't think Francis having a close fight with Fury as a pro boxing debutant is remarkable? Such a thing has literally never been done before. Dewey had a lot to do with that.

Yes, Ben Davison is a great trainer but that isn't the point. He wasn't qualified when he jumped to the elite level and started training Fury for the first Wilder fight. You know how he got the gig? Fury dared him to ask some chick out on the beach. Get her number. If he got it Fury agreed that he could train him. That's how they hooked up initially (before Fury went over to SugarHill Steward).

Of course Roach is just a boxing trainer. Again, that was the point. He has no credentials in the world of MMA whatsoever. Yet he trained GSP, Arlovski, BJ Penn, and others. Dewey is qualified to be Francis' boxing trainer. Like Roach he's a former pro boxer himself and has trained world champion boxers & contenders.

No way of proving it but the performance in the Fury fight wouldn’t have happened with a lot of other MMA striking coaches IMO.

No way of proving it but the performance in the Fury fight wouldn’t have happened with a lot of other MMA striking coaches IMO.
I agree. Even if Fury didn't take him seriously, and had his worst night ever, no fighter making their boxing debut would've been expected to take him down to the wire like that.

People underestimate Joshua’s skills, and his power unbelievably. Francis was talking before the fight like he’s been in with the best so Joshua was probably a step down. He was respectful, but him and his team massively underestimated what they’d signed up for. Joshua almost certainly hits harder than ngannou, even frank realises this now. But before the fight people were only talking about Ngannous power. I bet they’ll probably rethink where Joshua really stands in the rankings as well

People underestimate Joshua’s skills, and his power unbelievably. Francis was talking before the fight like he’s been in with the best so Joshua was probably a step down. He was respectful, but him and his team massively underestimated what they’d signed up for. Joshua almost certainly hits harder than ngannou, even frank realises this now. But before the fight people were only talking about Ngannous power. I bet they’ll probably rethink where Joshua really stands in the rankings as well
You're right. Lots of people slept on AJ's skills. Some MMA fans were even saying that his chin was glass. In fact, Ngannou even told AJ that he'd heard his chin was glass at the pre-fight presser lol. AJ remained respectful though and at the post-fight presser as well. He also didn't celebrate the victory even after he knew Ngannou was okay.

Joyce would be a good next fight for Francis, both hyped boogeymen who fell a bit short.
I'd watch. Prior to them both getting wrecked it would've been viewed as two huge guys with terrible defense and granite chins fighting each other. Boogeymen as you put it. Joyce was that dude until he met Zhang and Ngannou was that dude from MMA until he met Joshua.

I think Francis' chin was tested plenty in the UFC. He took Stipe's power there, Gane's, and the rest of the top heavyweights' power in his fights without ever getting dropped or being badly hurt. AJ has more than big power. He has excellent timing & accuracy to go with it.
Stipe and Gane aren’t known for KO power

Joshua doesn’t hit harder than Francis. He has better technique, timing and precision. Getting knocked out doesn’t mean your opponent has more power. We didn’t see Francis land a good shot on Joshua

Joshua doesn’t hit harder than Francis. He has better technique, timing and precision. Getting knocked out doesn’t mean your opponent has more power. We didn’t see Francis land a good shot on Joshua

Do you think Francis has ever hit opponent as hard as he was for the second, and especially the third knock down? I don’t!

Stipe and Gane aren’t known for KO power
Stipe has legit power. Nice pull counter, too. He actually stunned Francis with it in the rematch before he got blasted into the shadow realm. Francis is a UFC veteran. While most of his fights only lasted like a round he's been hit by enough guys over the course of his MMA career to rate his chin. He fought 14 times in the UFC alone. Gane kicked him in the head. Even though it was only a glancing blow he showed no ill effects.

Back