Funk Music.

Dilla is the greatest sampler of all time. It's very hard to choose, but I think Fan-Tas-Tic (Vol. 1) and Fantastic, Vol. 2 contains his finest work

Also a little promo/hl thing I did for my Muaythai school with a Dilla beat called Life

Dude was a sick rapper as well, as far as I'm concerned he was the best produce on the mic bar none

I own damn near everything he did that was put out in one format or another, even the wee beat tapes that only see the light of day every few years when someone re-ups them

His beats, vocals & lyrical content could switch seamlessly between thuggish ruggish, smooth & chilled, conscious and jazzy etc etc. No one hated on Dilla, and if they did I got hands for em!

The guy is one of my heroes, I rock my J Dilla Changed My Life shirt as often as I can. As far as I'm concerned he is the most talented cat in hip hop history

RAISE IT UP!

j.gif

jdilla.jpg

tumblr_njdcucMdW41szuv39o1_500.gif

Dude was a sick rapper as well, as far as I'm concerned he was the best produce on the mic bar none

I own damn near everything he did that was put out in one format or another, even the wee beat tapes that only see the light of day every few years when someone re-ups them

His beats, vocals & lyrical content could switch seamlessly between thuggish ruggish, smooth & chilled, conscious and jazzy etc etc. No one hated on Dilla, and if they did I got hands for em!

The guy is one of my heroes, I rock my J Dilla Changed My Life shirt as often as I can. As far as I'm concerned he is the most talented cat in hip hop history

RAISE IT UP!

j.gif

jdilla.jpg

tumblr_njdcucMdW41szuv39o1_500.gif

Man, Flea did one of those "What in my bag" things. Check out him talking about Dilla...pretty special.

Go to 5:58.

Man, Flea did one of those "What in my bag" things. Check out him talking about Dilla...pretty special.

Go to 5:58.

Nice, I'll check that out later. Never heard anyone say a bad thing about him.

Even some random guy who happened across a lock up full of Dilla's records and old beat tapes donated them back to his mom's and various other museums etc.

Everything and everyone he touched stayed touched

Apologies if these have already been posted here but these are two of my favorites:

Any fans of da funk in this bitch? Post some of your favorites funk tunes!

tumblr_mmhzqsfacc1r2kc8wo1_500.jpg

Some of mine:

Came here to like the OP and looks like I already did once. :D

I love love love this video. I remember seeing it on YT a while back. Your other ones are great! Some new stuff for me, already put them in my "Funk" playlist, on my phone. Thanks!

Back