How have you avoided confrontations while keeping your dignity

In all seriousness. Learn to fight... Jiu Jitsu, muay thai martial arts, etc.

Growing up in rough neighborhoods and around a bunch of dickheads, a lot of aggression had to do with me not wanting others to think I'm a punk and not feeling like some guy punked me. I never liked the idea of someone thinking they can intimidate me.

After training and knowing I can probably snap some dude's arm in multiple places, it doesn't matter and I have nothing to prove to myself. I won't feel as threatened knowing I can walk away and if he runs up on me, I can knock his teeth out.

Training also makes you realize, if there is a chance the dude can fight better than you, you can seriously get hurt! You understand how fragile the body can be.

There is no loss in dignity in walking away.

Not to mention legal ramifications just aren't worth it. Cops, courts, lawyers, etc. It's muuuuuch better to be relaxing somewhere care-free after walking away.

people getting KO'd and falling like dead weight hitting the back of their head against concrete is a risk that makes any altercation not worth fighting - unless you're on grass i suppose.

I think the key is not putting yourself in a situation where you might become a victim. It’s a lot harder to do when you’re a young gun and want to go out and party a lot....I did that for years and it’s a miracle I made it through that period of my life without a felony.

Now...I avoid the hood. I avoid places where hoodlums are known to be. I go out to nice restaurants to socialize instead of bars where every other chooch is black out drunk

Nowadays it is best to avoid.

You're most likely going to get

1. shot or stabbed

2. sucker punched

3. Ganged up

All while people sit back, pull out their phones and record it while yelling "world star"

I've already gone home with two 7.5's before the bar fights start.

200.gif

When I was a teenager my answer would have been fuck no.
Now that I'm a little older with more experience I view fighting as a way to solve a problem so long as there's mutual respect.

People have no respect these days if you get kod you could easily become a vegetable as multiple ppl kick you in the head while your unconscious, I've seen it happen.

Im a concealed carrier so if anybody really wants to fuck with me and danger my life they get a .45.

Last time I punched someone in the face in the street was a homeless guy at the beach trying to run off with my phone like two years ago and I regret it

If you're a concealed carrier you'd better think long and hard about ANY sort of escalation at all. You will ( and should ) be held to a higher standard when it comes to walking away. You shoot someone after he starts kicking your ass in a fight you could've prevented , particularly if other people are around and self defense most likely isn't gonna fly.

A guy in my town tried to break up a fight. He got hit, was KO'd and smashed his head on the concrete sidewalk. He is dead. Shit just isn't worth it.

As a manlet people tried to fight me at parties all the time. I was a target constantly. I would just back away and trot off. I have nothing to prove. My life is worth more than some bullshit macho ritual.

My wife's friend tried to break up a fight between two groups that were yelling at each other in front of his apartment. A guy bashed his brains out with a baseball bat. So that is two people I know that were killed trying to do the right thing. Yikes. Teach your kids to run away like cowards. Living >>>>> getting killed

Even in testosterone prime, unless you feel you have something to prove, there is no reason to get into a fist fight you can avoid.

Ego has probably caused more violence than any other psychological force in history.

LMAO at the people saying don't back down no matter what. When you live/work in a big city you are likely running into crazy/drugged out/homeless people on a regular basis. It'd be foolish to engage with them.

When you were younger or out at bars or clubs or house parties.

Sometimes there are those goons that look to pick fights out of sexual frustration or just looking for weaker guys to pick on in order to feel better about themselves.

Clearly you don’t want to be getting into fist fights with Random’s and possibly stabbed or jumped and beaten half to death.

I met a guy at my bank who was hit over the head with a brick from behind when facing one opponent and now drools out of the side of his mouth now for the rest of his life.

When I saw that I realized I am so damn happy I will never ever be in a street fight.

Easy to avoid confrontations. Follow this simple 2 step process.

1) Be aware. People looking to start shit are very easy to spot. If you have any situational awareness whatsoever, they stand out like a sore thumb. Give them a wide orbit and there will be no confrontation to walk away from.

I have been walking down the street with my mates before and literally spotted trouble walking down the street a block away. I would suggest that we cross the street and start crossing myself. Sometimes they would follow and other times they would not. And sometimes I would get to watch my friends scrap from across the street. I will help a friend in need, but I do not engage in pointless drunken group street altercations.

2) If shit does go down, be the guy that hits the other guy from behind with a brick.

A guy in my town tried to break up a fight. He got hit, was KO'd and smashed his head on the concrete sidewalk. He is dead. Shit just isn't worth it.

As a manlet people tried to fight me at parties all the time. I was a target constantly. I would just back away and trot off. I have nothing to prove. My life is worth more than some bullshit macho ritual.

My wife's friend tried to break up a fight between two groups that were yelling at each other in front of his apartment. A guy bashed his brains out with a baseball bat. So that is two people I know that were killed trying to do the right thing. Yikes. Teach your kids to run away like cowards. Living >>>>> getting killed

When guys admit to being a Manlet it makes them sound way more badass than a tall person.

I.e. Jens Pulver and Urijah Faber.

It is a desert climate. Although where I'm from is pretty much the same. But then again I'm not a millionaire like most people here.

Sounds like Tempe.

Anyway, how were you allowed to post in the Mayberry without posting a million dollars collateral that everyone else had to put up?

Sounds like Tempe.

Anyway, how were you allowed to post in the Mayberry without posting a million dollars collateral that everyone else had to put up?
Haha not Tempe but you're not terribly far off. We live in what's considered the nice neighborhood. But the nice areas are still right next to trailer parks here.

Haha not Tempe but you're not terribly far off. We live in what's considered the nice neighborhood. But the nice areas are still right next to trailer parks here.

I’ve been to Tempe once. My band drove there to record for free at a music engineering school. As soon as we crossed the border from California into Arizona, some douche nozzles drove in front of us, and sprayed their wiper fluid all over our cars. It’s pretty funny, but damn, what a bunch of douches.

Well I carry a gun, not trying to fight and get myself in trouble. Rather use a gun as a deterrent.

Back