"I promise to hurt guys (this time), and finish fights." - GSP

“I’ve trained a lot of things,” St-Pierre said. “I’m gonna be more there to hurt guys and to go for the finish. To submit, to break. To go for the break. To go for the knockout or go for the break if i have a submission. Until he taps. I’m gonna be more opportunistic.”

St-Pierre, 36, acknowledged that toward the end of his reign asUFC 170-pound champion, he was not necessarily going for finishes all the time. “Rush” said he was “overthinking a little bit too much” and focusing on just doing what he was doing to win rather than trying to get a stoppage.

“If he doesn’t open up, you keep doing what you do well to win the fight,” St-Pierre. “You’re winning, so you don’t necessarily change.”

No longer, GSP said. When he comes back to the UFC, he said he plans on going for the finish, especially in fights in which he senses his opponent has broken. That will be different from the past, he said.

“They were accepting the defeat,” St-Pierre said of previous opponents. “They knew they were going to lose before the end of the fight. They were fighting to not get beat up too much instead of fighting to win.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...fc-return-im-gonna-be-more-there-to-hurt-guys

Dear GSP,

What a load of shit. GSP was changed forever by Matt Serra.

I hate to say this, but Bisping will destroy him.

Way too big, way too durable, way too strong.

If Anderson coulodn't beat him, why does GSP think he can beat him?

He can promise all he likes and mean it but I'm not thinking it will happen.

He's the GOAT.

Deal with it you lying sacks of shit.

Lol GSP goes on the record yet again trying to sell wolf tickets with his "dark side" speech and this nuthugger calls us liars.

I love it. Lmao

He's added a lot of muscle moving to to 185, so his jab is likely to become even better. I don't think it's impossible to imagine of the GOATS with added muscle can finish more often.

You think, for even half a second, it was because he didn't have enough muscle is why he didn't finish many fights?

Obviously 170 is GSP's best division. Adding muscle to go up a weight class almost never works. More muscle just creates cardio problems and makes you slower.

I bet when GSP plays Mortal Kombat he makes sure he is defending 99% of the time, then gets the opponents health down just a bit, then waits it out till time is up and he wins because he had more health left and was defending.

lol

There was a pro player in the early street fighter games that would win by running down the clock. But it was actually amazing to see because it was so hard to do lol

Typical false GSP promise, with obligatory apology at the post fight interview about how [blank opponent] is a great fighter, how he left it all in the octogon, and how sorry he is he couldn't finish the fight early.

Classic GSP.

Maybe the aliens put him on some extraterrestrial enhancements and supplements

@One MMA Fan @Myrddin Wild

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BSubmits%2BCain%2BVelasquez%2BUFC%2B188.gif

I just want to see him do a gymnastic maneuver after he KO's Bisping.

That's a recipe for disaster.

GSP's strenght is in precision and not putting himself in risk positions.

I can only imagine what will happen if he decides to abandon this agaisnt the bigger MW champion.

That being said I hope for GSP by decision.

Back