Elections Illinois judge removes Trump from ballot

That might be the biggest cop out I have read on here. Since you want to switch the narrative without answering any questions posed do you ever disagree with the opinions of a SC judge?

Why should 2 essentially private companies get to decide who the president is? It’s because they are empowered by the constitution to do so is why. Just like states are empowered to make their own rules of who gets in their ballots for president. Each state has their own criteria for getting on the ballot. There is no national rules for such.
What? How is it a cop out?

It's insane that any random judge across the country could eliminate a candidate for presidency when there has been no trial or official word on if what he did was truly and legally an insurrection.

14th amendment also says "given aid to enemies thereof" You want random judges saying Biden can't be on the ballot because he unlocked Iran's money which could be interpreted by someone to be giving aid to an enemy?

Big constitutional questions like this are settled by our Supreme Court. And bad decisions can be appealed or overturned or reviewed in a new case at a later date by them, but the SC decision becomes the interpretation all other courts are required to use. That's why I deferred to a democrat appointed supreme court justice.

The Left tards can't think a single step ahead. The lack of critical thinking here on their part is astounding. Just like when Harry Reid used the nuclear option in the Senate and was warned, here we are again.

You Democratic Party drones would lose this election and likely many more in the future if you went with this standard of removing candidates from the ballot. All the Red States have to do is claim China Joe aided and comforted enemies (China and Iran) and remove Biden from the ballots by the same 14th Amendment clause. The Swing states that mostly have Republican leaning courts can be picked off too leaving just a handful of swing states that are not enough for Biden to even win. Trump will win before it starts by Biden ballot removal dominance. Do you dummies really want to continue down this road?

The authoritarian desires of the Left Cult are on display yet again. These weirdos can't be trusted with power, they abuse it every time. The only thing slowing down the Republicans is that they too are corrupt for the most part, just not quite as bad as the Democrats.... and they certainly are not the totalitarians at the level of the Democrats.

What is interesting, is the polls that ask IF Trump is convicted of something, will that alone cause you not to vote for him, as starting to shift to where even if Trump is convicted of something, it won't really affect peoples votes. Not quite there yet, but is moving in that direction

People see how unhinged these democrat judges are, along with the AGs/DAs Willis, James, soon to be Bragg.

People are starting to realize that if they are this partisan, and/or corrupt when you look at Fani Willis, people waking up to the fact that maybe some, if not all of these cases are election interference and bullshit.

This Bragg case coming up is a complete joke and I hope it is all televised. Bragg is already trying to put a gag order on Trump. Meanwhile, proven liar under oath, Michael Cohen, gonna be up on MSNBC every night. What a joke.

What is interesting, is the polls that ask IF Trump is convicted of something, will that alone cause you not to vote for him, as starting to shift to where even if Trump is convicted of something, it won't really affect peoples votes. Not quite there yet, but is moving in that direction

People see how unhinged these democrat judges are, along with the AGs/DAs Willis, James, soon to be Bragg.

People are starting to realize that if they are this partisan, and/or corrupt when you look at Fani Willis, people waking up to the fact that maybe some, if not all of these cases are election interference and bullshit.

This Bragg case coming up is a complete joke and I hope it is all televised. Bragg is already trying to put a gag order on Trump. Meanwhile, proven liar under oath, Michael Cohen, gonna be up on MSNBC every night. What a joke.

They are unhinged. The thought of losing power freaks them out. They will try virtually anything to maintain power and control.

What? How is it a cop out?

It's insane that any random judge across the country could eliminate a candidate for presidency when there has been no trial or official word on if what he did was truly and legally an insurrection.

14th amendment also says "given aid to enemies thereof" You want random judges saying Biden can't be on the ballot because he unlocked Iran's money which could be interpreted by someone to be giving aid to an enemy?

Big constitutional questions like this are settled by our Supreme Court. And bad decisions can be appealed or overturned or reviewed in a new case at a later date by them, but the SC decision becomes the interpretation all other courts are required to use. That's why I deferred to a democrat appointed supreme court justice.

It’s a cop out because you said it was unethical and I asked you why it was unethical and you didn’t answer. Instead you tried to make it about it about something that it’s not. Despite what Justice Kegan believes the states make the rules for who gets on their ballots. That’s not an opinion that is a fact.

No one that section 3 of the 14th amendment has been used to disqualify was ever been convicted of insurrection or treason.

Yes the question needs should be settled by the SCOUS. Part of the process is some random judge making a ruling that gets appealed upwards. That’s how this works and always has.

Lol what? Illinois Democrats are the safest party in America. They're not afraid of voters, Republicans haven't won there since like Reagan lol

These are the same voters who elected these dipshits

web-tiffany-henyard-2-14.jpg

Group-51.png

They'll vote for a potato before voting Red

It’s a cop out because you said it was unethical and I asked you why it was unethical and you didn’t answer. Instead you tried to make it about it about something that it’s not. Despite what Justice Kegan believes the states make the rules for who gets on their ballots. That’s not an opinion that is a fact.

No one that section 3 of the 14th amendment has been used to disqualify was ever been convicted of insurrection or treason.

Yes the question needs should be settled by the SCOUS. Part of the process is some random judge making a ruling that gets appealed upwards. That’s how this works and always has.

Shouldn't Trump be convicted of insurrection first?

These activist judges are by-passing due process for their own political means. Its blatantly obvious, even to rational progressive thinkers. Only clowns blinded by TDS justify these State Judges by-passing the checks and balances of the constitution... Too dumb to realize that such precedents can be used in the other direction down the down.

Remember what happened to the filibuster for judges?

Buy hey... Keep ringing that bell

They are unhinged. The thought of losing power freaks them out. They will try virtually anything to maintain power and control.

Did you catch any of the MSNBC melt down last night over the SCOTUS taking up the Trump immunity case? OMG how can they even think to take up the case when the DC appeals (all democrats) had an amazing ruling and this may prevent Jack Smith from getting Trump before the election!

I dunno if you followed that ruling at all, but Judge Pak, who the MSM raved about her performance during the hearing, asked something about ordering a hit on a political opponent, can that give to presidential immunity? Well, even that depends. Does that opponent commiting treasonous, illegal action, that warrants it? But her question did not have any context like that.

Context like that is needed, because if that candidate had a dirty bomb and was about to detonate it, it would be within one's presidential duty to order that hit, wouldn't it? Thus presidential immunity

If Trump legit thought the election was stolen, which he does, then it is within his presidential duty to contest it, as allowed under the constitution, which he was, under the electoral count act, and other legal attempts.

• Haha
Reactions: N13
we have as many guns as the US population. including you libtards. but nobody brought one?

I'm certain you are fully brainwashed, and if you actually are Asian, your parents don't even talk to you. I think your Dad thinks you are gay and your mom actually hates you, like, wishes abortion was an option. weak ass soy boi
Put this dude on a watchlist already @FBI

Shouldn't Trump be convicted of insurrection first?

These activist judges are by-passing due process for their own political means. Its blatantly obvious, even to rational progressive thinkers. Only clowns blinded by TDS justify these State Judges by-passing the checks and balances of the constitution... Too dumb to realize that such precedents can be used in the other direction down the down.

Remember what happened to the filibuster for judges?

Buy hey... Keep ringing that bell

Did you read my post? Not one person section 3 has been used to disqualify has been convicted. Is there something about that you don’t understand? Section 3 is also not a criminal penalty. Let me ask you what was the purpose of storming the capitol during the certification of the election on Jan 6? Was it not to disrupt, delay or stop the certification?

Historical precedent also confirms that a criminal conviction is not required for an individual to be disqualified under Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment. No one who has been formally disqualified under Section 3 was charged under the criminal “rebellion or insurrection”

Last edited:

Group-51.png

When she dressed up as the Rona Destroyer I knew we were near the end times.

Group-51.png

Our last Governor was a Republican, but that was mostly because a lot people didn't bother to vote.

Did you read my post? Not one person section 3 has been used to disqualify has been convicted. Is there something about that you don’t understand? Section 3 is also not a criminal penalty. Let me ask you what was the purpose of storming the capitol during the certification of the election on Jan 6? Was it not to disrupt, delay or stop the certification?

Historical precedent also confirms that a criminal conviction is not required for an individual to be disqualified under Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment. No one who has been formally disqualified under Section 3 was charged under the criminal “rebellion or insurrection”

Then charge him with Insurrection. It's only been 4 years and how many millions of dollars wasted by the Jan 6th Committee... that was staffed entirely by Democrats and a bitter former Republican? What a fucking useless exercise.

You realize how it looks to rational people when these shit for brains judges pull these political stunts. And lol at Georgia voters spitting in the eye of that retard Fani there.

It's backfiring in a huge way. Trump's lead over Biden in polling has never been bigger in the swing states.

PENNSYLVANIA Trump 49% (+6) Biden 43%
NEVADA Trump 48% (+6) Biden 42%
WISCONSIN Trump 46% (+4) Biden 42%
GEORGIA Trump 49% (+6) Biden 43%
ARIZONA Trump 49% (+6)Biden 43%
NORTH CAROLINA Trump 50% (+9) Biden 41%
MICHIGAN Trump 46% (+2) Biden 44%

These are terrible numbers.

And not that I totally believe the Michigan polling... but if Michigan swings Trump, Biden will get landslided

Keep defending the actions of these small minded partisan hacks if it makes you feel better. It's complete garbage and you know it

Reactions: N13
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/28/politics/illinois-trump-removed-ballot-insurrectionist-ban/index.html

CNN

In a surprise move, an Illinois judge has removed former President Donald Trump from the state’s ballot based on the 14th Amendment’s so-called “insurrectionist ban.”

The decision is paused, giving Trump a short period of time to appeal.

Wednesday’s unexpected decision comes as a similar anti-Trump challenge from Colorado is pending before the US Supreme Court, which is widely expected to reject arguments that Trump is barred from office

5462826e05149.jpg

good fucking shit

I am not in favor of taking Trump off the ballot. I understand his attempted coup is good reason but still don't support it because he is the clear leader of the GOP base.
I find that a surprising reason. As we can see from members here some people don't care how much of a criminal or how unfit he is. The only reason I wouldn't take him off the ballot is because he hasn't been convicted yet, but I'm all for removing anyone who should be disqualified, no matter how popular they are.

The Fascists strike again. These people are absolutely frightened of democracy and letting the American people choose their own President.

So Trump attempting to install fake electors, or calling state governors to "find votes", or expecting the vp not to certify what in essence was the will of the people, or taking donations for court cases attempting to stop that certification, or encouraging supporters to march on the Capitol and 'fight like hell', is all of course "letting the American people choose their President" and totally not 'fascist behavior'. Especially when behind the scenes all evidence points to the fact that the Trump admin knew it was all a big lie just to stay in power - as per their hero Steve Bannon literally detailing this strategy long before it even happened. Nothing fascist about that at all.

Re-read the bolded above and this time listen real closely for the irony.

Back