It's squaturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squat yesterday with assistance squats
Felt pretty awesome doing 5 sets of 10 at 85lbs LOL

High school douchebags at the bench press thought it was humorous too...

Squat yesterday with assistance squats
Felt pretty awesome doing 5 sets of 10 at 85lbs LOL

High school douchebags at the bench press thought it was humorous too...

some days I want to walk into my gym and struggle with benching 25s and pretend to fail. then throw on 2 plates to see their reaction. I wonder if I'll have an audience.

A while back saw two kids using the smith to squat. one kid was probably 125 lbs, and the other was 140-150. The 125 lb kid looked like he was leading. Probably 17 or 16 years old. He throws on 315 and does 3 inch roms. whatever I see that all the time. Then he throws on 455. At this point I should have started recording. He struggles to lift it off, and then bends down a little to do his 1 inch rom but instead the shit went CRASHING down trapping him. Hes starts yelling OW OW OW OW. two guys nearby run over and help him out. Guy left with his tai between his legs quietly going ow ow...

The next time I saw him was 2 months later and I saw him talking to his friends showing off what he used to squat in the smith. Hes like "yeah I used to squat a lot, like 400s but then I got injured." mfw.

He struggles to lift it off, and then bends down a little to do his 1 inch rom but instead the shit went CRASHING down trapping him.

Squats aren't dangerous. They're a predator of the weak minded future Darwin award winners.

A while back saw two kids using the smith to squat. one kid was probably 125 lbs, and the other was 140-150. The 125 lb kid looked like he was leading. Probably 17 or 16 years old. He throws on 315 and does 3 inch roms. whatever I see that all the time. Then he throws on 455. At this point I should have started recording. He struggles to lift it off, and then bends down a little to do his 1 inch rom but instead the shit went CRASHING down trapping him. Hes starts yelling OW OW OW OW. two guys nearby run over and help him out. Guy left with his tai between his legs quietly going ow ow...

The next time I saw him was 2 months later and I saw him talking to his friends showing off what he used to squat in the smith. Hes like "yeah I used to squat a lot, like 400s but then I got injured." mfw.

Smith machine squats... 1-3" range of motion.... :icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil

Happy Easter Squaturday!

Thursday I squatted 3 sets of 5 reps w/ 295 but had serious tail tucking issues and left the gym with a sore back. I was focusing on sticking my ass out too much on the way down and my back was rounding on the way back up. Ouch.

This morning somehow I finally figured out what the fuck "stick your chest out" means and busted out 2x315 and 1x345, a 10 lb PR for me, with much better form than Thursday. That puts me within spitting distance of my goal of hitting a 1000 lb combined total.

I love squaturday.

First time in a commercial gym for years today. I started lifting again on Jan1.
I have been doing 3x10 with 50lb dumbbells at my condo fitness facility for about 3 months.
Banged out 3x8 with 145 today. @ 155 lbs.
I know that's that all that heavy, but feeling pretty good about it.

I love Squaterday!

Happy Easter Squaturday!

Thursday I squatted 3 sets of 5 reps w/ 295 but had serious tail tucking issues and left the gym with a sore back. I was focusing on sticking my ass out too much on the way down and my back was rounding on the way back up. Ouch.

This morning somehow I finally figured out what the fuck "stick your chest out" means and busted out 2x315 and 1x345, a 10 lb PR for me, with much better form than Thursday. That puts me within spitting distance of my goal of hitting a 1000 lb combined total.

I love squaturday.

What your total at now

Ignorance. Basically.
Not willful either so, best to educate or ignore.

I did some light squats today, and tried front squat as well

Front squat
185x2

High bar squat
135x5
185x5
205x5

Front squat
205x1 easily 20+lbs all time PR!

Why do people do Smith machine squats? They're not safe, like people seem to think...they're more dangerous than squat racks. Squat racks have safety racks so you can drop the weights at any time. Also, the weights aren't locked in, so you work your stabilizer muscles, you have the option to dump the weights if no safety bars are available (though I wouldn't recommend it), and Smith machine squats are an unnatural motion that will destroy your knee joints. I should know, because my idiot physical therapists made me do Smith machine squats after all 3 of my knee surgeries and they only made things worse. However, I'm progressing great now that I'm squatting a bit below parallel with free weights. I usually like ATG, but my knee flexibility sucks :/

Ignorance. Basically.
Not willful either so, best to educate or ignore.

From my workout yesterday:

Smith-machine Box Squats
70 x 5 x 3

You mad bro?

From my workout yesterday:

Smith-machine Box Squats
70 x 5 x 3

You mad bro?

Check and mate.

Ed Coan and Brent Mikesell did SM squats and Dave Tate uses it as well and who can argue with their success? Everyone has their own thing.

I don't do Smith Machine squats or anything on it mostly because well..I'm a powerlifter:)

Well its not Squaturday for me but my father squatted 315x5 reps this morning. Not a bad start to the day:D Assistance was High Bar Squats for 3x10@200lbs. KB swings(40lbs) and med ball situps.

Source?

Thx.

He's probably talking about this bit:

T: Take me through a typical week of your workouts.

Coan: Monday is squat and other leg stuff. Depending on the season, like now in the off season, I don't wear any equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back