Kamaru just ROASTED Ben Askren on Ariels Shows

I don't think everyone that wants these fights to happen thinks Askren is going to win, they just want the fighters getting called out by Askren to accept the fights. At least speaking for myself that's how I feel. I think he beats Colby but probably loses to Usman based on the style match ups, I just want them to accept the fights so we can find out.

I think that's it exactly. I have faith that Askren's a great wrestler. He's proven that. I don't know how he's going to fair in MMA against the better competition in the UFC though. I still want to see how he'll do and respect that he's not looking to cherry pick fights.

Ben Askren would be a bad match up for Usman. This will be a fight where Usman wanna stay standing but Askren is gonna take him down and smash him
Ben may be a bad matchup for anyone. I guess we’ll have to see him perform against some top flight competition first.

I dont like Usmans skills. He's just wrestling. No finishing skills. Ben Askren has submissions and a barrage of punches for a TKO.

I don't think everyone that wants these fights to happen thinks Askren is going to win, they just want the fighters getting called out by Askren to accept the fights. At least speaking for myself that's how I feel and i'm sure i'm not the only one. I think he beats Colby but probably loses to Usman based on the style match ups, I just want them to accept the fights so we can find out.

Askren already has a fight booked and Usman has beaten top 5 fighters in his last two fights. How does it make any sense for him to be accepting callouts from Askren at the moment?

Askren already has a fight booked and Usman has beaten top 5 fighters in his last two fights. How does it make any sense for him to be accepting callouts from Askren at the moment?

Because there isn't a real number one contender at the moment and Woodley is injured. If Usman wants the title shot he can get it by accepting a fight with Askren if he wins. Dana White also said that Askren is going to get someone in the top 5 and I have a feeling that something is happening with Lawler vs Askren or this wouldn't be happening.

not really lol. All he said was he wanted to fight him
just calling him "marty" is way better than anything usman will ever come up with

and also him throwing out there how usman was D2 <Lmaoo>

Last edited:
Because there isn't a real number one contender at the moment and Woodley is injured. If Usman wants the title shot he can get it by accepting a fight with Askren if he wins. Dana White also said that Askren is going to get someone in the top 5 and I have a feeling that something is happening with Lawler vs Askren or this wouldn't be happening.

There is no reason to talk about Askren until he beats a relevant fighter. His last meaningful win was more than 5 years ago. I'm not all that confident that he'll beat Lawler, either, even though Lawler is completely shot.

Usman is a pretty god tier trash talker. He made Colby look like a bitch too.

There is no reason to talk about Askren until he beats a relevant fighter. His last meaningful win was more than 5 years ago. I'm not all that confident that he'll beat Lawler, either, even though Lawler is completely shot.

If beating Askren gets you a title shot then there is a good reason to fight him and beating Askren would make Usman the clear number 1 contender over Colby. The champion is injured Usman waiting doesn't get him any closer to fighting Woodley when he gets healthy and if Askren dominates Lawler he could leapfrog Usman and Colby by beating the last champion.

If beating Askren gets you a title shot then there is a good reason to fight him and beating Askren would make Usman the clear number 1 contender over Colby.

They can start talking about that if Askren can pick up his first relevant win in more than half a decade.

They can start talking about that if Askren can pick up his first relevant win in more than half a decade.

You seem to be out of the loop on what kind of fights they want Askren in. They want him to fight top 5 guys cause they think he should be in title contention. It doesn't matter if Askren hasn't fought in a long time, if the UFC wants Askren to fight top 5 guys and be close to a title shot then he is.

Exactly. I hate Usman, but he has fought better competition.

But Usman never really finished his opponents. Just 2 times in the UFC. He's career in the UFC consists actually of Draws (which they call decision win)

You seem to be out of the loop on what kind of fights they want Askren in. They want him to fight top 5 guys cause they think he should be in title contention. It doesn't matter if Askren hasn't fought in a long time, if the UFC wants Askren to fight top 5 guys and be close to a title shot then he is.

Askren has a fight scheduled more than a month from now. Why would Usman go out of his way to commit to fighting a guy who already has a fight booked and hasn't done anything relevant in more than half a decade?

Back